Reviews for Urashima Keitaro: Lazy Genius
Minamoto Shiko chapter 4 . 2/22/2007
I love your version of Keitaro much better than the original. It certainly is refreshing seeing Keitaro outwit or intelligently respond to the violent and malicious schemes of the Hina girls. At the same time, he doesn't have superhuman powers or ubercoolness. I'm saying your Keitaro is awesome.

As for Shinobu... She's a great cute kid in the manga, but she was too flat kind of. Your Shinobu has much more room for developing and maturing. I love how she is becoming braver.
Ruto Kuntai chapter 4 . 2/22/2007
Oh boy, Shinobu's group of friends cracked me up. Thanks for the cool chapter. Sorry the review is short, my dog is asleep on my lap, making it hard to write.

Thanks.
FatalFuryX chapter 4 . 2/19/2007
X_X GAH Cliffhanger! Nice chapter and Shinobu joining the group was actually a nice touch. Update soon!
Blah-the-sixth chapter 4 . 2/19/2007
Interesting story, I hope you dont make it NaruKeitaro though. Im not a big fan of that pairing (In all honesty Im a Motoko/Keitaro fan) but its your story so what real say do I have, neh? Anyway I must say that Keitaro doesn't come off as being to lazy. When I read the summary I was thinking of Shikamaru from Naruto, then again that puts a new definition on lazy genius.

One final thing

'For a genius, I am an idiot...'

...great line, that got me cracking up. )
Unknown Muncher chapter 4 . 2/18/2007
I'm really loving this story so far. His intellect, laid back nature, occasional seriousness, added with a few bouts of clumsiness make a very interesting character. I would really like to read more. Hope to be seeing more.
Nanashi chapter 4 . 2/17/2007
Dude- This is awesome I Loved every bit of it including the litle shinobu gang part! Can't wait for your next chapter!
Unknown chapter 4 . 2/16/2007
Shinobu joined a gang? Sweet. Reminds of the Team Rocket
The light of darkness chapter 4 . 2/16/2007
I think i gave up reading this fic before due to it being boring. Drastic measures have been taken. It is getting better again. The whole shinobu incident at school was unexpected, but then again, i havnt read much along the lines of shinobu's life past the series. Keep up the writing. your on a climb from the fall.
Eson chapter 4 . 2/16/2007
Ah, criticism abound on this one; good criticism, not flames.

One, to start off with the lazy genius thing... Keitaro would be treated differently but to set apart already in a gift school went too far I believe. (I like the premise though, original.)

Two, everyone was OCC. Naru was the only one suspicious of Keitaro and Motoko wasn't just because of his moment of thinking in front of her? Not giving her enough credit to her hatred of men. Keitaro hasn't even been blasted out of the House yet... instant coozy with the tenets was rushed.

Three, While I can't see pairings yet, is this not going with canon love quadrangle? (Keitaro/Naru/Motoko/Turtle Girl... err, Mutsumi?) I see Kitsune was developed more than others, though Shinobu was like a side dish via for Keitaro's affection... I wouldn't mind Kitsune going Keitaro scene though your prerogative.

Fourth and last of all criticism, Keitaro's innate ability to turn off his emotions. What with that..., and when Shinobu's parents barraging in... he acted completely like an American, not the Japanese he was born to be.

Other then that, I'm rather intrigued with this even though I see faults that should be mended. How does one portray a genius, by actually delving into the mind of the character or going by typical route of making him super intelligent then... *yawn*... lol. I hope you make it the former.
BloodyFrost chapter 4 . 2/16/2007
Ha, ha!

Awesome!
Enigma-Nemesis chapter 4 . 2/16/2007
A very original story for Love Hina, and one I'm certainly looking forward for more updates! If there's a pairing, I really hope it's with Kitsune (although I do like a Motoko pairing as well, but the fic seems to be hinting towards Kitsune). I can't wait to see the reactions of the class (especially two of them :D). Please update soon!
Eric chapter 4 . 2/16/2007
Kool, Shinobu joins a gang; that sweet, and innocent act didn't fool me..

Great twist on making Keitaro the instructor. I also enjoyed Shinobu's introduction to the Sou.

As for Sue, was she playing Dungeons and Dragons?
Unmortem chapter 4 . 2/15/2007
I gotta say, at first I thought this was just another Alt Keitaro fic, but you really threw me off gaurd by having him already have graduated from Todai.

And why do I have a feeling that whatever he did for the government probably had to do with a robot that he grew a parental attatchment to?
NefCanuck chapter 4 . 2/15/2007
Well done, boy you nearly gave me mental whiplash when you made Shinobu part of that gang ;)

*Two* strangled gasps? Hrm, one of them is obviously Naru, who's #2?

Interesting indeed
brindani chapter 4 . 2/15/2007
Now this is too precious. Keitaro not only graduating from Tokyo-u, but teaching the very cram school class that Naru is in. Oh, that has so much potential.

Grade A material here,