Reviews for Byebye butterfly
Corpsebride13 chapter 1 . 6/25/2009
This was a great story, I loved it. At first I was confused at why Maria freaked out at the poppies, but after reading your author note I wasn't confused anymore. I loved your story.
silver-fox89 chapter 1 . 3/13/2009
damnit James, I know you were only trying to help but why do you have to make me so damn angry? this is probably why I have such a hard time making a fic for him because I don't particularly like his personality, but I love the fic you made, it made me feel so sad. awsome Job and keep on writing. maybe some day I'll think of an idea for silent hill 2
Tangora chapter 1 . 8/10/2007
Well its all about interpretation. To me, if James got the Maria ending, he didn't really love Mary, but found her attractive physically. His hatred towards her for being sick and not allowing him to get out any repressed sexual urges got him to kill her. Then when he went to Silent Hill, he found the perfect Mary he always wanted. He didn't love Mary, so he kills her again as the final boss, but Silent Hill knows that what he chose is him just choosing to live in a delusion, so it punishes him by making him relive the three years of sadness and pain he had with Mary.

Basically, from what you hear in-game, Mary loved the hell out of James and wanted to be with him really badly. But at the same time she felt ugly and believed she wasn't worthy of him. Therefore, she loved him and always loved him. The final boss is a representation of what James believes.

In a way I guess this works, allowing James to believe whatever he wants to believe, and blame everyone else except himself. Damn the Maria ending sucks...
Moors chapter 1 . 8/9/2007
I don't who to pity more.. ;_;
Cinderlei chapter 1 . 1/17/2007
I love James. The level of denial that that man posesses is amazing.

Generally I don't like Maria very much, but this made me almost feel sorry for her. It was very good.
MegFallow chapter 1 . 1/10/2007
So, from what I can gather from the background, Maria is in jail or a hospital of some sort. Either way, I like the relationship between Maria and James and how he seems a bit "whipped" after staying with Maria.

Also, I think its cool how James has to go through the same cycle that he went through with Mary. Good Job!