Reviews for Down the Highway
This one was great too!
Again the POV was terrific and I really like Fay's 'voice'; she's sassy and cool - a gal I'd hang out with if I had the opportunity because she loves her dog and a few people, but I get the distinct feeling she isn't all that interested in the entrapments of possessions and status.

The scene between Fay and Dean in the bathroom: Incredible. It was hot, filled with powerful sensation being conveyed and even still managed to be flirty when Fay denied Dean, yet a little... I guess it was a bit melancholy somehow. I can't say that I felt sad for either character or that I felt either character was sad, because that wasn't the vibe that came across at all. But either in the way Fay described how Dean was different this time, and he was 'doing it right' and yet it still 'felt wrong'... or the way he almost seemed to plead with her "just let me"... but it was like they both needed something and yet she refused to let herself have it and even after he was denied it, he seemed pleased that he got as far as he did - maybe he thought he'd have another opportunity later on, that she'd have a change of heart?
I do feel that I was right in my assessment of their first encounter: Dean didn't want her to think of him as a bad lover; he wanted to prove he could do better by her, and I'm confident that just those few touches proved it.

As far as Fay and Sam go: I love that she recognized Sam as a perfect blend of John and Dean, and that she humored his thirst for learning, even when his 'subject du jour' was her vocation. I also thought the way Sam saw her wings and just accepted them says a lot about how he had already viewed the world ('not human' doesn't automatically equal 'evil') and how he'd fully accepted her. Yes, he was drunk, but he had no negative reaction, no suspicion of her; although I'm positive if he had time, his thirst for knowledge would have been at an all-time high, with him asking lots of questions.

I also found the brothers choosing the same tattoo and placement adorable!

Thanks for writing.
I'd-Rather-Be-A-Winchester chapter 1 . 8/12/2014
Amazing, loved it! If a sequel ever strikes you, I would love to read it!
MarleeJames chapter 1 . 1/8/2014
Awesome, wonderful story. It's such a pleasure to read a master story-teller, rolling along in their element!
SPNReadingManiac chapter 1 . 9/1/2013
I love the voice of Fay, although I can't, for the life of me, conjure an image to go with it or her personality. Extraordinary writing, great dialogue and good characterisation for the Winchesters in the early days. A total joy to read. Thanks!
BlackIceWitch chapter 1 . 9/10/2012
Magical story, and a beautiful sequel to the first one. Awesome read, thanks for sharing!
PhoenixPhiire chapter 1 . 1/11/2012
Man. It's been a while since I read this story. In fact, it's been a while since I've been on . Still, I looked for this story the moment I remembered . It's one of those stories that flows slow and easy, a gentle tribute to the rocky lives of these two hunters. I don't know what else I can say except for that I search out this story every time I'm on just to taste it again.
seventhprincess chapter 1 . 10/27/2008
I really liked this story, I'll defo be reading the others in the series :) x
wild wolf free17 chapter 1 . 4/22/2008
Lovely pov.
a certain slant of light chapter 1 . 7/14/2007
This story has a lot of not-oftens for me. Well, two, but that's two more than usual.

I don't often review. That's because, unfortunately, the stories I usually review are either particularly horrible or exceptionally amazing. The rest get stuck somewhere in the middle ground, swamped in three word comments and praises, and they just don't really need me addin’ junk to the heap. So let me say that it's fable enough that I am reviewing something.

I don't often envy other writers. Which is very much for the same reason above. I've spent about four years on this site, and the number of writers I've found to be wonderful - to be downright jealous of - I could count on one hand. Probably three fingers. You, madam, just scored the fourth. (Which I might have to tattoo some kind of memorial ring on, now.)

This is a great story. What baffles me and leaves me damn doe-eyed is your character, and the time put into creating her. She's very real, and has a sturdy and believable embodiment that's unique. She’s eluded the classic “Bad-Ass-OFC” archetype that I so abhor. But what I’m so enamored with, when you get to the bones and grit of it, is her voice. Reminds me of congealed honey for some reason, just turning into amber as time goes on. And to get a visual like that? You gotta be fuckin' good in my books.

The other aspect I particularly appreciate in this (aside from the bang-up characterizations of Dean and Sam, and even li'l Polo) is the research. Everything from the cleaning instructions to the auto-clave detail showed time and effort and, most importantly, that your girl knows her shit. It's easy enough to say a character's a tattoo artist, but to fully incorporate that into a story is... bluntly, bitchin'.

Love this story, and I mean that from here to Hell.

Genetix
Poaetpainter chapter 1 . 6/16/2007
Great story.
Linnie McCary chapter 1 . 1/13/2007
What a fascinating OC! I had a hard time picturing her as "21"-her tone, her language struck me as older, perhaps Ellen's age, and I gather she could actually be hundreds of years old-despite that, she was really fully developed and well-expressed. The tattoo parlor angle was most unexpected. And, ohmy, the bathroom. Well, ahem...let me just say I enjoyed it. But what I liked most was that you wrote from the OC's POV, and she was really quite intriguing. Thanks!