Reviews for Songs 'bout the Southland
K-Marie-M chapter 1 . 6/20/2009
That was really good!
PADavis chapter 1 . 4/29/2008
This was delightful. Sam's count of reasons and the reasons themselves were so funny and them poignant, and so true to the character. I just may have to mark this as a favorte and alert you. Read Piece of Cake (thanks to the community alert) and loved it. Decided to poke around and heck if the first other story by you I try at random is this gem. So glad I found your work.

Phoebe
alyssaaa chapter 1 . 4/3/2008
you wanted feedback?

here it is : I loves it D
Enkidu07 chapter 1 . 3/6/2008
That was amazing. I love their banter and their all out pissed off attitude, especially at the beginning. Would be so hard to be in each other's space ALL the time. I didn't really like the idea that Sam is continually keeping score about reasons to go... though I did like that he was finding some reasons to stay. You captured their wise-cracking, smartass attitudes! nice job.
dress without sleeves chapter 1 . 3/2/2008
Uh, yep. This is pretty much how it went down. So good! :)
Balloons go POP chapter 1 . 2/14/2007
hey, this was a great read. i loved how you expected the readers to work out what was going on by themsleves and you ddn't treat us like idiots. the 'reasons to go, reasons to stay' premise was great, i could totally imagine Sam making mental lists before cming to his decision to 'run away' to college. this was a really well written story and it's one of my new favourites.

thanks for the words

-Balloons
Spense chapter 1 . 1/15/2007
Very nice. I really enjoyed the premise, and how you drew it out. It's a real compliment to your readers that you expect them to be able to put the pieces together and not have to explain everything to them.

The framework of 'reasons to go/stay' was excellent, really bracketing the piece. And the snippets of their journey, working jobs no less, just shows the pattern of their life. The fact that Sam works jobs all the way to college is interesing. As is the fact that the 'good soldier' Dean, defies their father and takes Sam to Palo Alto. His explination was wonderful - your going to run away anyway, and at least this way, I know where you are.

Very nice slice of life of the boys during a very trying time. Your take on how they dealt with it was so true to form. I really enjoyed this piece. Well written, well plotted, well crafted - well done all around.
Linnie McCary chapter 1 . 1/12/2007
Loved it. Don't have to wonder any more about what those boys talk about, think about, during all those long days on the road and all those nights in motel after motel-you captured it terrifically!
chocolate rules chapter 1 . 1/10/2007
LoL, that was so funny, def a fave! LoL. I'm still laughing and its soo cute and like them! LoL. I can also see John coming after them all red faced with anger, and that just makes this all the funnier because they're just so carefree about it. And I hate to admit it, but a spritual ass-harrassment is pretty funny. And now Ill hang my head in shame and keep from looking at Sam knowing what he'd think of me :(. But w/e. :D HAPPY NEW YEAR!

That's it ;)