Reviews for Thus I Stand on the Brink
LoyaulteMeLie chapter 6 . 2/5
Very thought-provoking! And a great read, thank you for sharing it with us.
Deedaladee chapter 6 . 6/21/2009
Love this story. You have a way of doing deep emotions of all kinds so well, from humor of these two(right in character) to subtle and on the edge of eerie. I always come back again and again to read this. Thank you.
Serit chapter 6 . 11/15/2008
For Chs. 1-6 Amazing! Slightly angsty, but comes back from the edge of going too far. I loved Trip's 'satori' moment in Ch.5; have you written anything similiar for Malcolm?
Glory1863 chapter 6 . 2/19/2007
I absolutely love this story and the "Twilight Zone" feel of it. You keep us guessing as to what is really going on. Is Trip really dead and coming back for a dying Malcolm? Somehow, you just know that a mortally wounded Malcolm would fight to stay alive until a superior gave him permission to die. Would Trip's touch at that point have meant Malcolm's death? I sense that Trip did have a near-death experience and was brought back specifically to convince Malcolm of his value as a person, not just as a job classification. Were Malcolm's strange dreams the counterpart to Trip's? I do love how you never say. This is such a lovely testament to friendship (het or slash, doesn't matter). Like another reviewer, I thought that the handprint bruise on Malcolm's arm precising fitting Trip's hand was an eerie, Rod Serling-like, but lovely touch.
tarmiriel chapter 6 . 1/20/2007

Malcolm appraised him frankly. "You, sir, are an arsehole."

"Yes, true," Trip replied. He looked up through his lashes, batting them flirtatiously. "But I'm your asshole."

"Oh, for..." Malcolm groaned, then burst out laughing.

Those two lines of dialogue were precious! :)

I liked the story. And this situation doesn't seem implausible.

Good job!
bearleft chapter 6 . 1/19/2007
Thanks for being so prolific. :) You always right their banter so well. I loved it in this chapter.
Sita Z chapter 6 . 1/18/2007
I think of all the chapters I liked the final one best, although the others were wonderfully written as well. It's this ambiguity that I love about your stories - there *is* a rational explanation, and yet at the same time there are some tiny little details, like the fingerprints, that can't be explained rationally. I love how you write Trip and Malcolm, and I hope you'll forgive when I say that at the very end, I felt there was something more than just pure friendship between the lines. Loved that, too :).

Great story, and like somebody else said, please don't make us wait too long for the next one!
Begoogled chapter 6 . 1/18/2007
Hehe, great ending! Although I'm still a bit confused...but I guess that's part of the mystery :)

I liked the comraderie in this story, and Trip pinching Malcolm, hilarious!

Looking forward to read more from you!
Hisster chapter 6 . 1/18/2007
Fabulous ending. I am smiling from ear to ear. Loved it! Don't make us wait to long for another story. :)
Quickbeam1 chapter 6 . 1/18/2007
A truly enjoyable story. Thank you!
volley chapter 6 . 1/18/2007
Well, I don't really need to tell you what I think of this story, you already know! Brilliant. The last chapter was quite emotional. And I just laughed out loud at this:

Malcolm appraised him frankly. "You, sir, are an arsehole."

Could just see him saying that, LOL!

Another nice touch was that of the bruises on Malcolm's arm fitting Trip's hand.

Love all your stories, and waiting patiently for the next one!
crazyAZNkid chapter 5 . 1/17/2007
I like how the memory slips away, it makes for a subtle ending. Very nice. Uhh, btw, would you happen to know which episode Malcolm got beaten by the suliban? Or is that some made up thing from fanfiction? I thought i saw it sited on more than one story though. Will you help me?
Quickbeam10 chapter 5 . 1/17/2007
Did Trip have an out of body experience when he was clinically dead? And if so, and with Malcolm in a coma/out of it, will Malcolm remember Trip visiting him? I'm still intrigued. I look forward to more. This is very good! :)
Hisster chapter 5 . 1/17/2007
You have such a flair for these endings that just makes a reader want to come back. Of course I'll be back as soon as the next chapter is done Great job!
Begoogled chapter 5 . 1/17/2007
So, it was a near-death experience? You have a way of writing where the 'aha!'feeling is just out of reach every time! Or maybe I'm a bit slow :) But I like it!

More, please!