Reviews for Prelude to the Hunt
Omegakishan chapter 5 . 1/27/2013
Awesome story, I see a similarity to memory chest by bajab in here.
I'm sorry to see that you stopped writing this six years ago, even though you promised to never stop writing. I noted that your last update coincided with your last review so I decided to review your story in the hope that you will update.
Amira Layne chapter 5 . 11/11/2007
This is a really brilliant and well thought out story. I just happened to find it when I was looking for a good Remus/Harry bonding story. I'm so glad that I did!

All of the character's personalities are incredibly true to form and I also must admit that I found a great deal of pleasure in seeing Harry finally put the Dursleys in their place.

A lot of things that I've seen you incorporate so far (along with the things I can see you hinting at), I can't help but wish JKR would have done.

I love that your Harry is confident, but not overly so and that he's playing such an active role in the war effort. I also like the fact that he's grown to the point where he's willing to reach out for a little help. He and Remus are so much more alike than I think they realize, so I'm glad to see them getting closer. Their friendship is good for each other.

I saw in your profile that you mentioned that you plan to never abandon a story. I so hope that is still true after Deathly Hallows. There have been so many authors who have been completely turned off of the fandom by the last book.

Anyways, great job so far! I can't wait to see where you take this from here. :)
knightsbridge chapter 5 . 6/2/2007
The Harry I have gleaned WOULD give away his last Galleon to those he loves, and trusts. Fame has been a constant irritant, and money goes with that fame. To those that quibbled, remember that this IS fiction, just as JKR's series is fiction. Fan fiction is just expanding on an idea. Surprise...these are not real people, and an author who has an idea which works as well as this one should be commended. Several stories have Harry referring to Moony as "Uncle". As far as Arthur, all JKR has said is that he will never be MoM...a job he would detest anyway. I suspect that either Kingsly, Minerva, or even Harry may be the head of the order. Arthur is too excited about all things Muggle...but for your story it works well, and people have to remember it IS your story.

I really look forward to reading more.

Darian
knightsbridge chapter 4 . 6/2/2007
I have always been of the opinion that a Beta can, without meaning to, change the direction of a story. In correnting minor errors, and insterting their own ideas the thread is unwoven. Minor error can be overlooked...I just read through them, and (Iguess) mentally edit as I go.

This story has me hooked, and you are truly a gifted writer. I look forward to more.
vampirerean dragon warrior chapter 5 . 4/27/2007
please update!great!
knightsbridge chapter 2 . 4/23/2007
I really hope you keep this story on this site, as well as SIYE, which takes FOREVER to validate.

Thanks for a great and VERY interesting story.

I look forward to more.
oso83 chapter 5 . 4/13/2007
Hi there! I like your story and your writing stile. And I think it a good idea to bring Remus and Harry closer. In the end he is the last of James friends. Though I wonder about possible friends of Lily that were never mentioned in the books...

Anyway, keep on going! You are doing a good job. I only have one hope: faster updates ;) (though as you write nice long chapters I most certainly understand that...)
insanityismytrademark chapter 5 . 4/7/2007
I think your story is really good, surprisingly you get few reviews. What sets you apart from most other writers here is not only a bit of storytelling talent, but that you don't rush through your story. many stories rather resemble an enumeration of scenes, yours is more coherent. you take yourself time to describe things. keep it up.

best chapter so far was n4.
Paxwolf chapter 5 . 4/4/2007
I have just discovered and read your story, and have enjoyed it immensely. You have a very intriguing plot set up with this, and it's been lovely to see such a mature and decisive Harry. And it's been even lovelier to see so much of Lupin, and so wonderfully in character at that.

I also very much like the relationship between the two of them that you have portrayed here. It is refreshing to see such a positive take on the war efforts, and on Harry's strength and ability to deal with their effects, and to see these two characters in particular handling themselves with great aplomb. (and I must admit to being rather afraid that the canon Lupin is not long for this world.) I really look forward to seeing where you will take this story! Please keep writing!

Paxwolf the Intrigued :-)
insanityismytrademark chapter 4 . 1/30/2007
wow, really good, amazing
insanityismytrademark chapter 1 . 1/29/2007
good so far
Ellie chapter 4 . 1/26/2007
I'm really, really liking this fic. At one point, I'm pretty sure it was the scene in Gringotts, I was struck for a second thinking this could actually be a justifiable rendition the 7th book, a very interesting continuation of the story so far indeed!

Except for some overly posh use of language from some characters, Harry in particular, I reckon they're very canon, and boy oh boy do i hate characters OOC. And Remus' explanation of why he hasn't been in Harry's life until his third year, whilst you didn't go into it much I think you pretty much hit that nail on the head. Love the Harry/Remus mentor/student relationship, definitely a favourite. The added plot of what Percy's up too aswell, very mysterious...just how evil will you make him?

So yeah, all in all...well done! I'm loving it, and can't wait to see what you put Hermione through on a broom. Update soon!

- El
Darak chapter 4 . 1/22/2007
It is quite stupid of Harry to give access to his account so many people even if he trusts them since after all those people could break that trust quite easily; it would be quite a bit smarter to set up accounts for the use of said people.

I also fail to see why Harry has to negotiate with Percy, opportunist as he is he would definitely not sneer at him with him so popular.
jayley chapter 4 . 1/20/2007
hhm, 3/4's of the way done and harry started calling remus uncle for no reason, with no reaction, at least that i noticed, on remus's part...and was remus even in the sixth book at all, except the fight at the end? makes me think that relationship won't be as good as it is in your story
jayley chapter 2 . 1/20/2007
interesting and all, but mr. weasley as the head of the order? i just don't see it, even though it's been done in other stories...ah well, maybe he won't die now, people do tend to kill mr. weasley