Reviews for Apology NOT Accepted
thrawn92 chapter 2 . 10/17/2011
yay, Grand Admiral Mitth'raw'nuruodo is here! Btw, I love Wraith Squadron, and I am enjoying this so far, especially since this is one of the only complete stories of them.
astudentscribe chapter 16 . 3/3/2011
Excellent! Something that the Wraith books needed between this and the way things panned out in the end, along with the nice plot threads of what's to come.
Nikara chapter 16 . 7/21/2010
This is a really, really great story. I had just finished reading Solo Command, and was desperate for a continuation of the story. Reading this was beautiful. Everyone was quite in character, and it was fun to read some of the different points of view for events in the books.

One quick comment- you may want to format this so that there are symbols between POV changes. The formatting made it difficult to tell when the perspective was different, and led to some confusion.

Otherwise, a really great story!
Cresen chapter 16 . 8/5/2009
One word: OUTSTANDING!

I am an avid reader of the Rogue/Wraith Squadron books, and this was a pair of star-crossed characters whom I'd been waiting to see a happy ending for. Well done. You've captured the essence of the Rogues and the Wraiths, and in particular, Gara/Lara and Myn.

Love the prank on Janson at the end, too. Outstanding!
Kurrent chapter 16 . 4/16/2009
EXCELLENT! Very, very nice story in every way. I wasn't expecting the Face/Dia subplot, but you handled it very well. Overall, an excellent story! Thanks much for expanding on two characters that I'm happy to see together, and for doing it in such a terrific way.

Jo
Kurrent chapter 1 . 4/16/2009
I am SO happy I found this story! I've always kept an eye out in all of Aaron Allston's novels from the NJO on for any more signs of the Wraiths popping up, and how Donos and Kirney/Lara would eventually turn out. It was nice to get some confirmation in some of the Legacy of the Force novels that things seemed to have a happy ending, because they were always on the couples that struck me as the most intriguing. That said, I'm looking forward to reading this story. From this chapter alone it's obvious you're an excellent writer with a great grasp of what SW stories need to really make them FEEL authentic, because this one just feels good. Great job so far!

Jo
Mike chapter 16 . 4/1/2009
Good story. The ending came a little suddenly but it was well written and enjoyable.

Thanks
Solo By Choice chapter 16 . 4/5/2008
yay! Such a cheerful story of love and such things... - I especially liked the chapter with all the different relationships and the song woven through them. yay..I liked Wedge and Iella...what would we do without them?
Caet Rae chapter 16 . 11/2/2007
I agree, it's much cleaner, although I should probably go reread the whole thing to be sure.

Cheers.
acer-sigma chapter 16 . 11/2/2007
Sorry to see you didn't do the extended version you had earlier, but I have to admit that ending it here works also. If you do follow up with the other idea, I'd look forward to seeing it, but if not...I still enjoyed this premise.
Spiked Jin chapter 20 . 7/5/2007
to be quite honest, i really didn't expect much from this story after the first couple chapters. but after catching up i've grown quite fond of it. it's a nice concept and a fun answer to one of the more annoying unanswered questions for me from the X-wing series.

i don't have any real analysis or criticism, but one thing i felt was that a lot of your story is told through bland narration and not character action. if you've ever heard the term, it's the age old "show vs. tell" problem. i know it's not the easiest thing to work on (i have my own problems with it), but it is something you might want to consider. an example of what i mean is the whole "gara petothel is not here right now, please leave a message" dialogue. in that instance you're depicting a characters mental flaws through action, rather than simply describing a character as being mentally unstable in a narration paragraph. by the way, those little scenes were brilliant and i just loved them.

i'm sorry if this is all stuff you've heard before, but i generally try to point out places where i think stories can be improved. there's a lot of potential here, and i'm eager to see where it all goes.
v chapter 1 . 4/2/2007
Some more thoughts:

- I thought that the Face/Lara part wasn't as realistic as it could have been, mostly because Face was being rather forward and moving too quickly.

- I don't think Shalla would punch Lara and call her a traitor. When Shalla listened to Lara's transmission in Solo Command, she decided that even though Lara wasn't all together mentally, that Lara was probably trustworthy.

- I liked the answering-machine thing, and the jumbled flashbacks. It's nice to see some parts from the other character's point of view.

- I'd definitely like to see what's up with Isard and Lara's mind.

- I personally dislike having song lyrics throughout the story, because for me it disrupts the flow and doesn't really add anything. But to each their own, I suppose.

- Your grammar is fairly good.

- I haven't read Betrayal yet, so thanks for mentioning Donoslane Excursions. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

- In general, I think that more elaboration and longer chapters would help.

- Thanks for writing about some of my favorite unappreciated characters.
v chapter 20 . 4/1/2007
I'm surprised by how few reviews this story has, but I suppose it's because Myn and Lara don't get enough appreciation. I'm looking forward to see what happens.
Cka3ka chapter 3 . 3/8/2007
Interesting story. Myn and Gara definately do not get the attention they deserve.

CK
Caet Rae chapter 3 . 1/15/2007
The button now has a sign that says "High Voltage." Lara is a good example of why not to touch a power main... .

Thankies.