Reviews for A New Balance
fantasywind chapter 5 . 7/5/2012
Memory loss, and strange influence over the Pillars, that was unexpected plot twist ;). I hope that you will continue, it was one of the best fanfics I read on this site (thank goodness there are some really good stories especially in Lotr crossovers, but not too many as I would like). It's a shame that this wasn't updated for so long, but I hope that some day I'll read the next chapters. Piece of very good writing.
fantasywind chapter 4 . 7/5/2012
And good old Mortanius meets Buffy, hehe (I always liked the Necromancer, he is the only one of the Guardians of the Pillars to actually care about the land of Nosgoth). This sentence regarding torture, how poetic ;). I really like this, keep writing!
fantasywind chapter 2 . 7/5/2012
Great fic (did I said it already, no, so I say again this is great fanfic :) ) I really like how you described the fight, almost as if I was watching a movie ;). I'm impressed by your writing skill. Good work, I hope you will continue, it could grow into quite a long tale (and epic to say at least).
fantasywind chapter 1 . 7/5/2012
Yes, finally some good Legacy of Kain crossover, though I must say that I like it better than Buffy series, it's really refreshing and enjoyable idea, and action during the time of Blood Omen, marvelous. This certain point in the story just after the death of Azimuth the Planer, and before Kain time travel could be really interesting to show Buffy that in Nosgoth vampires are not soulless creatures she knows (and much more powerful). It would be amusing that she would found out that vampires can be ,,good" creatures and it's the humans who persecute them, as Raziel said in Soul Reaver 2: ,,These vampires had nothing in common with the deranged jackals I left behind in Kain’s derelict empire – they seemed to retain much of their former humanity.
In this era, vampires were clearly not the uncontested predators we had been... these creatures were hunted mercilessly, and oppressed.
And while I still believed that vampirism was a plague, and had to be wiped out, there was nothing noble or righteous in this crusade – this was simply ruthless persecution."
slaaneshissexxy chapter 5 . 1/24/2010
Update please
AimzNemesis chapter 5 . 4/13/2009
Great stuff! I've been looking for a well-written LoK/BtVS crossover for a while. It's very gripping and interesting. Will you be continuing this? I notice that it hasn't been updated for a long time.
Ghostdraconi chapter 5 . 12/31/2007
Interesting fic and massive points for no Super Buffy, it reminds me of the early seasons when there was a possibility Buffy could lose and DBZ Willow was just learning magic.
Mrs Hunter chapter 3 . 5/11/2007
The plot and story remains very credible and your pacing and story base is strong. Your knowledge of LOK is extraordinary. It's a very vast and complex world and to change it without losing any of the worlds essence. It's a feat. There are tiny little things. Mainly a few rewordings and a tweak of the grammar. I've sent you a pm. I'd be very obliged if you'd consider.
Cylon One chapter 3 . 5/11/2007
I liked it. No doubt about that. About what part of Kain's video game world are we in?
Mrs Hunter chapter 2 . 3/26/2007
Behold...normally I would be flaming stories for breeches of canon and OOC characters but after reading this I have decided to spare you! Why? Well...I see potential...great potential! A few errors to begin with but that happens in all stories! The greatest problem I can see in this is your characterization of Buffy. You did an amazing job with Kain...absolutely believed it. Although with Buffy you where a little OOC.

Let me go into more detail. She wouldn't have rushed into a fight, not when she hadn't any idea where she was or the capabilities of her enemy. She would fight him but I can see them circling each other first. Biding time, looking at the movements of each other, looking for signs of a past injury or weakness. Speed and so forth. Next...I completely get the emotional difficulties Buffy would be facing but she would be more solemn and saddened than angry. She's also survived on the hellmouth by learning to leave your problems at the door before any fight. Not to say that it doesn't happen on occasion that she slips but an experienced fighter has some control! She'd definatly be making jokes, no question about that but more than likely she'd go off on a tangent a bit. This would give Kain the impression that she was ignoring him, that she didn't find him a worthy opponent. This would lead Kain to wanting to strike first! Think about it...who's the more annoying, the bigger smartass?

I can't say how intrigued I am! It's managed to hold two very different stories together. That's impressive. It would be a shame to see you stop. I offer all these suggestions because you are only on chapter two. There is a chance for you to improve greatly. I wouldn't want to see this flamed!

If you wish for anymore advice or suggestions let me know!
Cylon One chapter 2 . 3/19/2007
What an awesome chapter. Loved the action of the fight.
Martel chapter 1 . 1/13/2007
It looks like a nice start. Is Azimuth male or female? You keep using he and she when refering to Azimuth.