Reviews for The Locust
Tandy Sandman chapter 11 . 4/2/2013
I suspected the P.I. when Deakins mentioned that he showed up for the second time in the squad room. Gonna continue reading tmr... I need sleep...
sell chapter 32 . 3/1/2011
Li recentemente sua fanfic e a de Blocougar57. Até hoje penso nelas,pois me impressionou muito.O resultado é que toda vez que escuto a música do INXS 'By my side'( ouvi no dia seguinte que terminei de ler as fanfics ) tenho vontade de chorar! Repito a mim mesmo ' é só uma história, não é real!nada daquilo realmente aconteceu a nosso querido Bobby!'Acho também que fui influenciada pelo fato de que será a última temporada de CI. ficou uma intensa sensação de perda... desculpe, que bobagem a minha, não?
bammi1 chapter 32 . 6/16/2009
And thanks to YOU for allowing me to help with this story. I enjoyed sharing ideas and discussing plot lines; it was alot of fun! Especially since it was such a great story to begin with, and centered, for the most part, around my favorite character, Bobby.

I personally would have liked for this story to go on forever, I really liked it. But I guess it had to end sometime.

You're right about Bobby having a long recovery ahead of him. Not only was he injured horribly physically, but he was also injured just as much, if not more, mentally. The way that the Locust intertwined the physical abuse with the mental abuse was diabolical. Bobby will be suffering a long time. But the good thing is that Bobby is resilient. He has proven over and over that he will come back, and he will.

With a serial killer like the Locust, who made the rounds for many years, there would undoubtedly be a number of organizations involved. And you did a great job of getting many of these characters into this story.

Everyone was great in this story, from Deakins to Alex to Elliot on down. Everyone played a part in the rescue of Bobby and the end to the Locust’s run. But the one who actually did himself in was the Locust himself, trying to squeeze in just a little more torture on Bobby was his undoing. And who would have thought that Nicole Wallace would be the one to finally do the Locust in? But as we all know, Bobby was the only man she ever loved…

Great job with a fantastic story! I have always loved your stories, and would love for you to do some more C.I. stories, especially about Bobby. Looking forward to many more!
Comix28 chapter 31 . 6/7/2009
I do not think that I can truly, effectively express how amazing and awesome I think this fic is. Really. It has blown me away and I can tell that you must be a huge fan of the Law and Order shows to be able to write this epic story.

I literally sat glued to this computer for hours,until 2 in the morning for 3 nights straight until I finally got to this latest chapter. You are so wonderfully descriptive that I felt like I was glued to the t.v. watching an episode. I am a relatively new fan to LOCI and am already obsessed and running to watch all of the old episodes. Haha. So this was a real treat.

Poor, poor Bobby. Even I was near tears at how he tried to keep joking with Eames...and yet it seemed so like him that I just nodded to myself, because I could see it occuring that way for real in an episode.

I've also enjoyed the way you've rearranged the way he finds out about Brady and how you have portrayed Nicole. I'm sure she is a very difficult character to play, but you've done it flawlessly.

Again, simply amazing.

I'm so glad that sweet gentle Bobby is safe and I can't wait to see his recovery process in which I'm sure Eames is going to play a huge part, of course.
rindy713 chapter 31 . 4/15/2009
i think bobby is going to have a very difficult recovery. please don't let him lose his leg! i hope the love between him and alex can heal him.
bammi1 chapter 31 . 4/15/2009
YES! An update to one of my favorite stories!

Poor Bobby has sure been through an incredible lot, and it's going to be a long journey back, mentally as well as physically. Right now of course is the physical part. His physical and sexual abuse was extreme. He will have to survive all that before any thing, and he is in really bad shape.

The Locust was a monster who heaped horrible things, mental and physical, on Bobby, one after another. And though the physical was extreme, the mental may be even harder and take much longer to overcome. But Bobby has proven how strong he is, and hopefully he will survive.

Great chapter! Goes without saying that I am anxious for more!
blucougar57 chapter 31 . 4/13/2009
Brilliant chapter, as always, although the last segment left me feeling worried.

Poor Alex, waiting is always the worst part. First she had to wait for news of Bobby's condition, and now she has to wait for him to wake up.

I also love the way you write Elliot - he comes across as equally strong and vulnerable. I think that when Bobby begins to recover (he's going to recover, right?) that Elliot might be able to empathise with him moreso than anyone else.

This was well worth the wait, I guarantee it!
Torrant2 chapter 30 . 3/31/2009
Please update. I'm so far on the edge of my seat I almost fell off.
deliriousdancer chapter 30 . 1/15/2009
Rescued at last! I hate to think of what will be seen on Kirkpatrick's dvd collection when they get put into evidence. Olivia was certainly the best choice to stay with Eames because she is so strong and compassionate. I would want her with me too in this ugly time. I am guessing Bobby will survive physically, but I am so afraid for him otherwise. Just Elliot's "near capture", and what could have happened was enough to send the seasoned,

tough- as-nails ex-Marine into the corner to lose his lunch, so Bobby will have a long road to go to reach, "fine" or "safe" ever again. At the beginning of this chapter when Olivia and Elliot were drinking coffee and eating hot dogs I found myself getting angry that they would waste time when they were so close. I know that is irrational, but then it turned out to be the best thing they could have been doing. Love the vendor. I hope Kirkpatrick does not die, but that he remains in a coma for the next 50 years. Of course it may be better for Bobby and Alex if he just kicks off. At least they would not have to endure a trial. And Kirkpatrick would not get off on an insanity plea.
bammi1 chapter 30 . 1/10/2009
Yay, Bobby and Alex are rescued! This whole thing has been very traumatizing for all involved, the victims, Bobby, Alex, and all the detectives working the case. Especially Bobby. I'm really anxious for Bobby's reaction when he wakes up after the surgery to find out he's been rescued. But the very fact of having been a captive of a deranged sadist and tortured physically, mentally and sexually for however long is bound to have a prolonged traumatic effect on him, which I hope he can overcome and return to being the great detective that he is.
UnstoppableForce chapter 30 . 1/9/2009
Yay rescue! Great chapter, next one soon please? :D
rindy713 chapter 30 . 1/8/2009
thank goodness they found alex and bobby in time to save their lives. i wonder if they will ever heal, though.
blucougar57 chapter 30 . 1/8/2009
Brilliant chapter - finally rescued!

I loved the reactions from all the characters, but especially from Elliot. Morbid curiosity, indeed! That was a very apt description.

A very satisfying chapter, although I suspect I know what's coming. Bobby has been rescued, but the trauma is only just starting.
rindy713 chapter 29 . 1/2/2009
indeed, no! you have to bring him back. cpr. the others find them. a hospital. this MUST end well.
bammi1 chapter 29 . 12/31/2008
Wow, what a cliffhanger! Bobby has to make it!

Since I am not in the least a shipper, I am hoping that when Bobby said he loved her, it was as a friend, a very special friend. But I don't think that's what you had in mind. At least he told her that he loved her.

All I can hope now is that the rest of the team can reach them in time. It's not looking good now...