Reviews for Darkness, My Old Friend
Halcyon Impulsion chapter 1 . 7/27/2011
Heartbreaking. Loved this little bit :)
Nicola Silvera chapter 1 . 3/8/2007
aw ( poor sammy. He's so cute when hes sad
L. C. Brotherton chapter 1 . 1/22/2007
As usual, you nailed the pathos of that moment with perfection.
Poaetpainter chapter 1 . 1/20/2007
good job
Joella chapter 1 . 1/16/2007
There was so much sorrow in this one-shot. Both brothers will do anything to protect the other and your story really reflects that. Thanks for writing this!
sendintheclowns chapter 1 . 1/16/2007
Okay, I thank you for giving me half of the story that I was craving after watching Hunted. You just knew that Sam's leaving Dean wasn't an easy decision. And of course it makes sense that Sam would only leave if it meant protecting Dean.

Any chance we can talk you into writing the other part of the story - what was Dean like in the minutes and hours after realizing Sam pulled his disappearing act?

A final thanks for using Simon and Garfunkel. It's a classic Dean may have allowed on the tape player in his mellower moments.
teal-lover chapter 1 . 1/14/2007
very nicely done. this was definitely a necessary part of the episode, because they just made him seem like he was just acting kind of bratty.
rozzy07 chapter 1 . 1/14/2007
Faye, this is the scene missing from Hunted that I was so desperate to see. The breakdown that drove Sam away from Dean, the reasons for the need for distance - it was all to keep his brother safe from him and that which stalks him. Fate, destiny, prophecy, call it what you may Sam is fighting to face such a future knowing that his family has been destroyed because of him. Now all he has left is the ability to protect Dean by not being by his side. Not for the first time do I really not understand how John Winchester could have been so cruel to both his sons and leave them with such a terrible burden. Beautiful written piece as always. Rozzy.
Nana56 chapter 1 . 1/13/2007
OMG! This was perfect!
carocali chapter 1 . 1/13/2007
Perfect tag. I, too, wanted to know how Sam felt about the revelation. Moreso than the 3 minutes they gave it. I like this reasoning, and his doubt whether he could keep Dean safe. Just what I needed.

:D

caroline
IMTheresa chapter 1 . 1/13/2007
Sam's reasons for wanting to go it alone make sense, but he had to know that Dean wouldn't just go on without him. He might give him a day, but Dean would never stop looking for him. No matter what, their destinies are tied together. Great peek behind what we saw on the show; thanks!
Tyranusfan chapter 1 . 1/13/2007
Great one shot!

I wish they had shown the scene on the show the other night...they needed a separation scene. I was hoping it'd be a bad one. Oh well.

Excellent work here!
Sunrize chapter 1 . 1/13/2007
It's a miracle! For once the alerts actually seem to be working. :)

What is it about those nighttime hours, after everyone else is sleeping, that makes them the perfect time for all your worries and fears to rise up and choke you. When I descend into worry mode, it's always at that time of night. It makes perfect sense that Sam would agree to one thing in the light, and have second thoughts once he had time to brood. And let's face it-who wouldn't brood over news like this?

You did a great job with this. Sam's reasoning and motivation is perfectly sound. Of course he'd want to spare Dean from such a terrible fate. And of course he'd want to take action to prevent it.

Thanks for this missing scene. It hit the spot!
DreamShadows chapter 1 . 1/13/2007
I was waiting for the missing scene, this episode just screamed for it... And you did a lovely job portraying it.

I love Sammy angst, and that episode and this scene have filled my quota for this week.

Well take care and post that 'poop' fic soon.

OSS
anon chapter 1 . 1/12/2007
Gee, I wish we had seen a scene like this and it had been this self-sacrificing. Unfortunately Sam's leaving came off to me in the episode as selfish and typical, things get tough Sam abandons Dean again (only to call him later for help when he needs him of course) but then again I hated the whole damn episode with a passion.