Reviews for The Ordinary Life
Maze-zen chapter 2 . 6/13/2020
Such angst! Not an unlikely scenario sadly. I loved it!
800339173 chapter 2 . 12/5/2018
loved this.
sparklyscorpion chapter 2 . 11/15/2018
I loved this! I had a persistent sense of dread while reading this, waiting the whole time for something terrible to happen - and you didn't disappoint. Your writing style is beautiful!
CharlieBoneFan chapter 2 . 10/8/2016
That was so sad and messed up. I just want to steal Erik away and keep him to myself. I want to punch Christine's lights out. Curses. Great job though.
jennyfair chapter 2 . 7/10/2016
I read this story back when you originally posted it, but only recently rediscovered it. This tale is gut wrenching! I love your style-morbid yet extremely sensual, and uniquely yours. I so wish that you had continued with this, but understand your decision to keep it short.
chaz1997 chapter 2 . 10/26/2012
Poor Erik! How can Christine be so heartless? Love it! :)
MusicalMaryann chapter 1 . 6/16/2010
Interesting chapter!
Kryss LaBryn chapter 2 . 4/28/2008
Aw! Poor Erik, and poor Christine! Well-written.

Poor Erik...
michellemabelle chapter 2 . 1/3/2008
very well written, esp. the part where he's following her. i wish it was longer though!
Mummy Eats Airplane chapter 2 . 11/10/2007
Hmm. That was very well written, and I liked it. But if I were to rate its morbidity on a scale of one to ten, I would give it a three or a four. Don't get me wrong, it was a great story. I just saw the summary and assumed that it was disturbingly and terribly, violently, bloodily morbid. It really was a good story. You write very well.
phanatical chapter 2 . 8/26/2007
I think you should have gone with the longer version, even if it did take you a while to finish the story.

It feel as if the second chapter is horribly rushed, with lots of dangling loose ends that you didn't explain. For example, if Christine was capable of running away to have an affair with Raoul (which I think is fairly out of character, but that's a whole other can of beans), why didn't she just run away and not come back one day? Why did she stay with him if she did not love him (as apparently she didn't) and her lover, I presume, was willing to at least put her up as a mistress, if not a wife?

I did enjoy Bodies on the Shore, and I think that is why I am so disappointed in this one. I know that you can do better than this. I wish that you would have tried.
AmaranthPhantom chapter 2 . 8/5/2007
oh hell. that was depressing. well written though, congrats and good luck on future writings.
A.C.Meadows chapter 2 . 7/25/2007
Really like the way you described the murder, especially Christine's scream likened to the sound of a train coming out of a tunnel. Made the scene really come alive for me.
truemornings chapter 2 . 7/20/2007
I just found this story and was happy you updated.

All I can say is wow, poor Erik! I would imagine that Christine could really be that cruel (to Erik's feelings) in the Leroux version.

Please continue, this is a great story so far! :)

-Julieanne
RipperBlackstaff chapter 2 . 7/19/2007
Great but there's something missing, like an epilog !