Reviews for Vicious circle
Taipan Kiryu chapter 5 . 1/15/2010
Even though having showed signals of the fabulous warrior he was meant to be, Megatron was still far away from defeating Skullcrusher, and Starscream was not precisely the mech to defeat a metallic multi-limbed ninja bot just because he had a good training session one day before. I’m glad you followed logic and didn’t give our heroes the victory. Of course it would have been great if they’d won, but that can wait.

But it was an amazing battle scene, that’s for sure. I’m glad Starscream found a moment to feel himself again. Although hand to hand combat was certainly never his speciality, he was a cunning fighter, intelligence and malice acting instead of brute force, and he had for centuries the best sparring of all times, although now they are fighting side by side.

So Starscream is starting to care for Megatron… or better said starting to discover he always cared. I also liked the twist you included here, about Megatron somehow mimicking Skullcrusher’s personality. Now that adds a very interesting flavour… let’s see how it develops. Proceeding to next chapter.
Taipan Kiryu chapter 4 . 1/7/2010
Essays the size of bibles could be written about whether Starscream was the ultimate coward or not, but regardless of the very well executed routine he had in the art of begging Megatron for his life, I think it took a lot of guts to continue playing the twisted betrayal-forgiveness game they both had mastered so perfectly.

“M” and “S”, loved that part! Although I never saw Starscream feminine like, not in attitude nor in looks, but I can understand why most of the fans that pair him with Megatron or others always put him in the bottom position.

It’s funny that Starscream is beginning to regret throwing his wingmates and Megatron into space. It takes big dilemma to make somebody change their opinion like that, although for Screamer seems that problems are just starting, so he still has a lot of remorse to feel.

And I love young Megatron, how he is so protective with Starscream, at his own rough way of course. And mmh… I could think about a femme who would be crazy enough to bond with that silver and gorgeous brute; I look at her every day in the mirror ;o)

The battle scene was very well narrated. I loved the image ressembling Shiva; no wonder why Screamer was trembling like a leaf. But he honoured his treacherous liar self with that femme trick. Bluffing has given him good results in the past (future), so there was no reason to believe it wouldn’t work with a primitive gladiator.
Taipan Kiryu chapter 3 . 1/7/2010
Wiper reminds me about Ratchet in some ancient Constructicon version. Maybe I’m being guided by my recent liking toward the Hatchet, or the G1 episode in which the Constructicons were building Megatron… but anyhow, I really like Wiper, a strong OC and a good addition to your story.

Even though young Megatron is impulsive and reckless, he also shows the bases of his future personality. Even in defeat and humiliation, he has pride, determination, ambition and strength. He’s not a single survivor but a conquerer in potence, and not of the cartoon-type kind, but a realistic and interesting character. His fight was one that started with his own slavery.

Seems that Starscream is having not only a second chance to meet his leader, but also to understand the reasons of such leadership, and also the reasons of Starscream’s own eternal failure trying to take him down. Megatron’s ‘lessons’ may be brutal and painful, but they are as much effective. Perhaps this time Starscream will see that is more than abuse and distrust in his relationship with his leader, former and to be. Starscream has yet a lot to learn about honour.

It was amusing to see how the eternal circle of their interactions is starting to develop, unable to stop repeating itself through the folds of time. Starscream could make a college degree in cowardice concerning facing Megatron, but at the same time he is the only one that can defy him and disrespect him and get away with it. These two… they really deserve each other :oP
Taipan Kiryu chapter 2 . 1/7/2010
I can remember exactly how I felt when my heart was torn apart in two particular scenes of the 80’s movie: when Megatron was thrown into space along with Skywarp and Thundercracker, and when Starscream was killed by Galvatron. Ever since then I was, and still am, someone that barely cries with movies, but those moments hit me so hard and made me realize that the factory of dreams was, mostly, a factory of money.

But here and now, several years later, stories like this made us fans look back at that hideous movie and see a new world of alternatives.

I loved the initial scene of this chapter. Starscream’s nightmares seem so natural. Even though he jettisoned Megatron into space, and most likely he would do it again, he will always have that sense of remorse and inferiority, along with that part of him that always respected his leader. That’s what bittersweet relationships are made of, ups and downs, and for those two any extreme wasn’t too much.

I like your take of the Transformers past too. At the end, their history is a story of the search for freedom, followed by all the extras wars are made of: ambition, personal interests, convenience, the forced but gentle establishment of the winner’s ideology… and so many etceteras.

As fiction about time traveling has showed us, seems that Starscream will have a lot to do with the mech Megatron will be in the millions of years to come after their bizarre and not so random encounter. So much possibilities… I’m looking forward to see what you do with this story, very enjoyable so far! I was twisting in delight imagining that practice combat between young Megatron and Skullcrusher… can’t wait to see the real fight, Megatron teaming up with an unexpected co-fighter!
Jinnai Yamiyuki chapter 19 . 1/5/2010
that had to be the best endings I have ever read! I loved it!
Jinnai Yamiyuki chapter 16 . 1/5/2010
*cry* damnit you got me. . . I was so good and didn't cry in the past and I couldn't help but sob at the end of this
Francesca Zatnik chapter 19 . 1/4/2010
Woo! Congratulations! I've stayed up til 3:30 am reading this, so you don't get a big review. Or at least not one that makes any sense.

I'm glad for the happy ending. There aren't many of them around. Yay for TC and Warpsicle. Yay for Soundwave... I really like how you brought everything back together so neatly at the end.

I jeepers! You made a dimension without any Starscream in it at all! (since he's now in the former future)
Jinnai Yamiyuki chapter 11 . 1/3/2010
Can I cry again?*hugs Silvergun*
Jinnai Yamiyuki chapter 8 . 1/3/2010
meh I want to cry. . .
Balrog Roike chapter 19 . 1/3/2010
A nice ending to a very good fic.

It's interesting to see that there will ever be a Megatron, now I only wonder if there will be a Starscream, too, if he will find a way to exist there or if he's really gone from this dimension forever.

Thank you for going with the happy end.

It's much better this way .~

BR
Desiree1717 chapter 19 . 12/30/2009
Despite the fact that this story still needs a bit of grammatical proof-reading, I quite enjoyed this story. The plot was well developed, with some nice twists! Great job!
techiyona chapter 19 . 12/30/2009
Primus, this was such a wonderful fic. I just read the entire thing in one sitting. It's been mind-blowing. I'm so glad there was a happy ending for everyone.
Taipan Kiryu chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
Very interesting story, caught my attention since the first lines.

As a loyal 80’s movie hater, I’m always open to any deviation of that illogic story line made in order to sell more toys. Starscream and Megatron deserved more than their capricious ending, and I’m very glad that you have started precisely from there to create a totally new version of the story.
Wol Lo chapter 19 . 12/28/2009
Whoa... now this finished, what I'll read? I feel at a loss.

This was really great. Thanks for this fic!
Pandablubb chapter 19 . 12/28/2009
That's really the perfect ending.

Thanks for writing such a wonderful story!
240 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »