Reviews for A Life Twice Lived
madnessdownunder2 chapter 2 . 11/4/2012
this sounds like fun! Good start!
Fick Chick chapter 2 . 5/24/2012
I'm putting this story on alert in case you ever continue it.
Alicia Testarossa chapter 1 . 5/2/2012
Are you going to finish this story because if do try to continue it. I think the story will turn out to be very.. interesting ;)

Alicia Testarossa
Alicia Testarossa chapter 2 . 3/11/2012
You have to finish story. It's COMPULSORY, not optional. Please update soon.

Alicia Testarossa
StarofCalamity chapter 2 . 7/10/2011
This is a great fic, and even as a short part it is great!
Cassandra30 chapter 2 . 12/18/2010
I really like this idea.
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 12/18/2010
I love this idea. I like using Sean a vastly under used character with great potential. Hopefully Harry will not over look him when he goes back.
zafaran chapter 2 . 8/25/2010
Any chance of your getting back to this story anytime soon? You've got a good beginning, and a chance to save not only Harry and his close friends, but also Severus Snape. I was utterly horrified by the depth of Dumbledore's betrayal of Harry and Severus both when the postmortem memories were seen at the end of DH, and I love stories where there is a chance of saving Severus and giving him a chance at something resembling a happily-ever-after. In the time that's passed since I read DH, I've also come to wonder if the "power the Dark Lord knows not" was actually Severus's love for Lily Evans and not anything to actually do with Harry himself. More, more, more, please. I hope your muse and schedule will allow you to write and post more chapters sometime soon. Keep up the good work. Zafaran
The Froob chapter 2 . 1/31/2010
I like what you have written so far and i cant wait for you to start working on it agan the first chapter roped me in and i was unable to turn away by the time i got to the end of the second chapter i was sourly disapointed it was on hold hope you start up agan soon cuz ima go crazy waitin for a story this good to be finished.

The Froob
shiftyless chapter 2 . 1/16/2008
I like it. I like how the older version of Harry was talking 2 the young version of himself sounds like it going 2 b interesting

Please update soon
rankokunalpha1 chapter 2 . 8/7/2007
damn i love the story so far. i cant wait to read more! keep up the awesome writing!
ladylookslikeadude chapter 2 . 7/31/2007
So far it seems good, but time will tell.
Rocky235 chapter 1 . 7/3/2007
"...much after reading the massively good fiction Harry Potter and the Nightmares of Future..."

You can't go too wrong if that's your inspiration.

It was nice to see Seamus get some playing time.
graypheonix chapter 2 . 6/30/2007
Well, I've been reading through your stories, and this one is amazing. First off, Harry would, I think, go with the flow of many events. Probably all of them, though one thing, if he were smart, would be to make many connections with people. For one thing, why not befriend many more people, like Malfoy for instance, yet remain a gryffindor? I know that Malfoy is a slimy git in the books, but reall J.K. wrote his character to be a bitch slap to the the royals in England. Creating an idiot character to mock that, hell, is fun. On the other hand, Harry could shift him from that point of view, on the basis that, Harry is a good person, and while not easy to trust others, is someone worth having as a friend. Plus, I'm not someone who would do Harry/Draco (hell, it isn't cannon), they can still have a begrugging friendship, although it'd be based on heavy competition. His other friends would remain, and I think Harry would insist on learning, practicing, and teaching better how everyone would fight. Plus I think he wouldn't get as much sleep, and knowing how to get around the school, Harry would spend more of his nights training, and relearning how to fight. Ginny is the love of his life, and Hermione is one of his best friends. He'd do a lot to protect her. So, my suggestion is simple, just keep writing. I jsut wanted to note that Draco may be a prick, but he is just a kid.
Rabid Reader 4 chapter 2 . 6/16/2007
I totally love this story! I eagerly hope that you will continue with it. I like the idea of Harry doing something so majorly different that he primarily skews things so that much would have to be different.

As for what would change and what would remain the same...

The Philosopher's Stone should be at Hogwarts since Albus put that plan into motion long before Harry arrived. However, what about this... what if Harry wrote to Nicholas Flamel and urged him to approach Dumbledore about the DADA position... he could claim to be a seer... or use adult logic... or even share a bit of the truth with him... but if you could get the Flamel's into the castle then Quirrell would not be there as a teacher. No doubt he would still try to abscond with the stone, but Harry's additional power and knowledge would remain a secret to voldie since Harry would not be seeing him in class several times a week.

Certain things, that were in no way connected to Harry should still happen... such as:

Book 2 - the Diary should still be given to young Ginny... but Harry could easily claim that the Diary was his... that he found it in a 2nd hand book store and it must have gotten mixed up in the shuffle... he could then buy Ginny a brand new Girly Diary for her birthday or something... this allows Harry plenty of time to destroy the diary and the snake, though perhaps he could try speaking to the snake first... as it is over a thousand years old and could make a valuable ally. Lockhart would be DADA... if the Flamels decided to leave... and IF Albus could not find anyone else... though not having had the previous teacher killed/die/disappear before the school year was out, may open up a larger field of applicants.

If Harry does not arrange for Sirius to be exonerated before 3rd year, then of course he should escape... if the minister still goes on his annual visit and still shares his paper with Sirius as this was the spark that started that adventure.

How does Harry feel towards Snape and Albus? That hasn't really been touched on, but I sincerely hope that he does NOT trust Albus as it was the Headmaster's actions and decisions that so mightily back fired last time... even if he is on the right side, his leadership skills suck! As for Snape? Harry would know if he was trustworthy or not though you have not revealed to us the side he eventually was proven to belong to. Either way, Harry should work towards making him an ally... keep your friends close and all.

As for making changes across the board, I think it would be far wiser to reveal his intelligence and political savvy than his foreknowledge and magical power. This way, he would be able to make a more lasting impact on the world and have the potential to prepare the magical world so his future never happens.

Things he could do:

He could always wear a charmed recording device on his person... that way he could turn it on when spoken to by certain people and have proof that they are not innocent. IE, Mr. Malfoy Sr. Fudge etc...

He could lobby for stricter penalties for convicted DE's... especially the one responsible for his parents deaths! Only after having been thoroughly questioned under Veritaserum as to ensure beyond any doubts as to the guilty nature of the prisoner in question. He could demand true Justice and use the safety of the wizarding world as his platform... he could rally the masses with lines such as: "Our loved ones are dead! Is it FAIR that their killers are allowed to eat, to breath, to languish in Azkaban reliving their worst moments and becoming even more insane so that some future Dark Lord can come along and claim them as his own? NO! Justice is deserved by us all, once proven by testimony under veritaserum that they willingly followed the self proclaimed Lord V. they should be pushed through the veil... true it is a kinder sentence than the kiss or lifelong torture, but Justice requires it... Justice, not Vengeance, is our demand!"

This would set him up as a positive if ruthless force firmly against the dark. It may give fence sitters a bit more to think about before risking their lives becoming DE's. It would FREE Sirius Black without a hint that Harry already knew he was innocent. It would drive a believable wedge between Harry and the Headmaster allowing Harry to gather allies from families and creatures that would not follow the headmaster's softer approach. It would increase the political power Harry has because Fudge would see the tension between the headmaster and Harry and side with Harry in order to protect his job.

This would prove to be very disruptive... not only to the time line, but to society as a whole. Harry would be in a position to encourage critical thinking... to challenge the public to learn defense to protect themselves and their families... to boldly state that it is a person's actions, not their blood, not their hogwarts house, not their ideological beliefs regarding dark magic and/or creatures... but a person's actions that reveal their worth. How a person's life and actions benefit others is how to judge their value.

For Slytherin's Harry would be sly and cunning to so quickly establish himself as a political player while hiding behind platitudes and the minister's apron strings.

For Gryffindor's Harry would be the brave Hero standing up for what is true and right.

For Hufflepuff's Harry would be hard working for a better tomorrow built from the ashes of yesterday and would encourage loyalty to magic itself from all magical beings.

For Ravenclaw's Harry would prove that knowledge is power... use the Wizarding Worlds own laws to get things moving in the way he wishes...

As you can see I am rather excited by this story. I would love to offer any help that I can to you... should you so desire it. I look forward to reading more. Please contact me at: at
58 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »