Reviews for Parvulus Nefas
Insert-somthing-creative-here chapter 1 . 9/1/2014
Pretty
numb-butt chapter 1 . 11/4/2010
Now, I must say, I loved how the order was backwards, it made things even more dramatic. I've only ever read one book that did something like this and always thought it was unique, so i'm very glad to find that someone else had gone ahead and done it.

Well, as always, you did a great job.

:DD
Queen of the Carnies chapter 1 . 7/6/2010
This is quite a haunting story...
Baby Chiba chapter 1 . 1/1/2010
Ugh, sickeningly beautiful. It should be a sin to make me feel so ill but admire this work all at once. I find it curious that this is the last installment when it explains so much and answers most of my questions that I had written in the other reviews ::blush::.

I didn't count on you making all of them the same age. That threw me off. So now I think i'll have to reread the other stories with that in mind. This entire time I pictured Squall/Leon older and the others younger.

But as usual, I still have questions.

I assume that night in the shower with Roxas and Squall that Squall found out that Roxas had a demon inside of him. Is there a back story to how that happened? Was he always infected, is that why he always seemed to lack such life? I'm also curious as to what Roxas's job was that he never spoke of. Could it be that THAT was where he became infected?

And what's with Roxas calling Squall Leon and Squall hating it? Is it just a mocking nickname between lovers? I'm assuming they had something, or at least there was the potential of something that maybe never culminated but lingered, which is why Squall was the first to know everything and be the target of Roxas's bitter jeers. I'm curious as to why Roxas says, " don't think you can take advantage of me." When I feel like Roxas is the one taking advantage of everyone, not the other way around. And it's curious as to why Squall humors him. And what does Roxas ask if he has time for? To try and tame his demon, Rudra? To live? To what...? It's just too open-ended for my liking.

AH, and of course the most interesting part of the story for me, Seifer's mysterious appearance at the New Years party and the calling of a truce. Of course like a fangirl i'm going to assume that they disappeared to FUCK, and that a twisted relationship between them is why and how Seifer became introduced as an ally versus an enemy to the 'family'. And is Roxas jealous? Is that why he says, " very interesting Leon?" And what does Seifer's acceptance into the academy have to do with the ending feud? What significance, if any, does it have to the family and Roxas/Rudra?

Sorry again if i've become a nuisance. I'm just giving the feedback that I enjoy getting myself.

~Chi~
13loves8loves9loves6 chapter 1 . 6/15/2008
ok so i figured i would read them all before i reviewed~...holy crap these were amazazing~! I'm madly in love with he way you write. hecka cool ideas and descriptions *is amazed*
Indiesin chapter 1 . 10/12/2007
My God... There are no words.
Eve chapter 1 . 3/22/2007
After reading all three stories of "Cities of the Future", I have to say this: THIS IS THE BEST FANFICTION I'VE READ IN YEARS.

From the demons to the names of make belief drugs, it's just a wonderful story. You even make cannibalism WORK. I love your descriptions on Roxas' character and form. It's just too beautifully done. And the way you write only what is necessary for the understanding of the story is no different.

Simply wonderful. I've become an admirer of your work. :D
rabid behemoth chapter 1 . 3/1/2007
Oh dear. That was really, really good, but I feel like I'm missing something-something important that would cause all the pieces to fall into place, and answer all my questions about the ending. Because I don't think I fully understand what happened between Roxas and Squall, exactly what is meant by "Kingdom Come", or (probably most importantly) who Rudra is. And I definitely don't understand anything that happened after they all turned twenty... _
Dynast-Kid chapter 1 . 1/22/2007
Whoa...

I've read Cities of the Future, Black Sun Rising, and Parvulus Nefas. Parvulus Nefas is definitely my favorite so far. I like your writing style. It's so poetic...

Keep up the good work.
Nocturne IX chapter 1 . 1/14/2007
Wonderfully, terribly dark. I can't say that I liked it, but I enjoyed it, couldn't stop reading until the finish. The world you've created... there aren't words. I wish only that you'd further explained Rudra. Amazing job.
Risu-risu chapter 1 . 1/13/2007
Just...give me a minute to figure out which wires in my brain have died.

Gritty. Dark. Terrible, in the way that you have to keep reading, because it's like a fantastic train-wreck; if you look away, you'll miss the impact.

...I mean every single word in the most positive context possible, truly.

I don't quite understand Rudra; whether he's an cannibalistic alternate personality brought on by bliss, or something far more sinister, but all the same, it's like I can't take my eyes off Roxas, because you just /know/ that something's going to happen.

This hasn't been coherent at all, and for that I apologise. Take it as a compliment that you can reduce me to spouting gibberish. Onwards! Great fic. :)
StratosphereEnthusiast chapter 1 . 1/13/2007
Nice . . . Just as gritty and dark as I expected from you. Not very obvious that it's futuristic, only hints somewhere about Time Keepers letting out the sun, the lack of seasons. Spooky . . . You've really built up a world that I would just hate to live in. Definitely not a romance though- I hope you don't take offense in that, it seems any romantic reactions between characters take a distinctive backstage to your wonderful narration.
Masterday chapter 1 . 1/12/2007
Okay. I swear I will leave a real review later. But right now my mind has been fried and I'm still trying to understand everything. But, as always, wow.

God. Why is this so dang wonderful? T.T