Reviews for Conditions of the Heart
Ai Akira chapter 1 . 1/4/2013
Great story. Humerous and romantic.
You've proven yourself yet again kurt.

Wonderful story.
tragicwitch chapter 13 . 11/25/2011
Okay before I forget, there's something I've wanted to say since the second chapter; Thank you for providing a soundtrack to this story. All the songs you mentioned made me listen to them while I read which really brought the story to life. Now then AMAZING STORY! Truly thank you so much. I cannot wait to read your other ones to see where they go from here. And I love the addition Mai makes to the mix. I'm so glad you decided to include her in your series as opposed to sending her somewhere far away where she can't be involved as most writers are liable to do when a certain character doesn't mesh with what they want to do. You're very good at taking every aspect of their lives and who they are and including it in their relationship whether it makes things easy for them or not and I love watching the growth in both of them. And your original characters have really grown on me. Particularly Izumi. Thank you again for this amazing story. I can't wait to read the next one.

P.S. Twelve passionate kisses in one story? You WISH you saw that kind of lip action in Anime.
tragicwitch chapter 6 . 11/20/2011
Okay I promised I wouldn't review until I finished the story, but hey I'm halfway there on this one so why not. I am completely in love with this story. You do an excellent job of writing Takumi and Akira, and blend them seamlessly with a new cast of supporting who are easy to love. And there's enough going on to keep it from getting slow; Takumi's recovery process, learning the language, and connecting to the other patients to keep the pace from getting too slow, all without taking the focus off of the pair's budding romance which you wrote at just the right pace to make it believable. I must also commend you on the amount of research you obviously did on Takumi's procedure and the recover process, and the associated patient's conditions. One thing I wish we could have seen more of though is how Akira is handling the transition of living her life as a boy to finally being allowed to be a girl. As it is, you make it appear that she can flip the switch from her usual tomboyish self to all of a sudden being feminine; i.e. she seemed perfectly natural wearing a girl's swimsuit in front of others for the first time, whereas in the anime she pretended not to enjoy swimming to keep her gender a secret. But I suppose this story is more about her helping Takumi recover from his surgery, and his new found independence. Perhaps we'll discover more along that venue in your future stories? All in all, I'm loving it. Arigatou and Ah-hyeh-eh.
mercuryandglass chapter 13 . 5/30/2011
Sigh...

i'm just rediscovering mai hime after two years, and i now realise that Takumi/akira is my favorite pairing. This is really good, though you could have made it longer. Ahhh, well, guess i'll just have to satisfy myself with other fanfic.
StandingOnTheRooftops chapter 13 . 8/30/2010
Awww! I adored this story! I'd just love to see more of it. I can tell you've certainly done your research for this, and I am astounded by the amount of facts you had in here. A good friend's sister was in the hospital for an atrial defect. She had to have a hole in her heart plugged, because it was causing complications along with her asthma. It was touch and go for a few moments when they couldn't get the plug to stay and they thought she'd have to have open-heart. But luckily she is fine now. She was only ten at the time, poor thing. Good luck with anything you decide to write!
DoTSnDaSHES chapter 13 . 3/25/2010
Aw! This story was cute and well written, I was smiling and at somepoints even giggling. Good work!
DoTSnDaSHES chapter 12 . 3/25/2010
Hahahahaha...this chapter was hilairious! I was laughing the whole way through! Izumu and Hiroku got together that's so sweet! Loving this story ]
DoTSnDaSHES chapter 3 . 3/22/2010
Aww This story is just so cute! I love it! Awesome job!
Sweet.Summoning.Secret chapter 13 . 6/26/2009
Aw!

What a beauitful story!

:D
shoreofeternity chapter 13 . 5/13/2009
*sniff* really touching!
BeautifulSuicidee chapter 13 . 4/20/2009
I really don't know where to start. I almost cried when I was near the end. I just didn't want it to be over. I really hope you write more future stories of AkiraxTakumi. It's really dissappointing and sort of heart-breaking to know that we probably won't be seeing more of these lovely couples on screen.

But as I read through your story, it's like I can almost see it happening. Like, a movie that was acually aired, just in words, wonderful well-written words.

Moreover, I hope you write more.
Krystal McKenna chapter 1 . 4/8/2009
This is story is so amazingly well written I almost can't stand it! Just kidding.

In chapter three, when Akira says "Stupid...magic...trick?" I could just SEE her saying that.

Five stars on the whole thing. I loved it!
Znowy Vamage chapter 13 . 1/3/2009
the story is really great!

i nearly cried when i finished reading it...

CONGRATULATIONS 4 making a WONDERFUL, AMAZING, & ROMANTIC story!

I hope u continue making fics of TakumiXAkira pair...
vampireangel chapter 1 . 12/13/2008
wow ur fic is awesome! every chapter is exciting and great of course... i really love the first part of the story bcoz i imagined akira and takumi blushing when they can't hide anymore their feelings from each other... i didn't managed to stop reading bcoz the story is captivating... very good and congratulations for ur amazing fic... i hope that u would write again fics about akira and takumi...
Shainareth chapter 13 . 11/3/2008
Eheh... This is a very happy end and I thank you for this beautiful fic. Hope you can write more. :)

About the chapter, I like the first part in particular, and I love those words by Akira: “He’s got such an innocence about him that even when he does or says something wrong, you feel kind of sorry for him. Instead of yelling at him, I just want to hug…”

This is gospel. XD