Reviews for PotC: The Briar and The Rose
skelanimaldiego chapter 17 . 3/12/2012
I really really enjoyed this story! I did in fact read it all the way through XD I loved Evie's character and I thought that you did a great job with the detail. I enjoyed your story because of (I'm not gonna lie Barbossa is amazing) how realistic it was. I haven't read a fanfiction so detailed and well written in a long time. I look forward to reading the sequel.
anotherdormantaccount chapter 17 . 1/3/2012
Your story was just what I needed amongst revision, a tonic as it were. And that's always a good thing. I thank you for saving me from utter boredom!
ChanceORiley27 chapter 16 . 10/19/2011
Barbossa was always my favorite character, and I'm glad I happened across this story because you capture him so well. And I think Evie was very well thought out and had a lot of depth. You created an exceptional original character and that is something that not many authors of fan-fiction can claim.

With regards to your authors note I will say that sometimes a relationship story does not need a great deal of plot. I don't think this story suffered in anyway because it revolved simply around the two of them.
LimeGreenSockFeet chapter 1 . 7/25/2011
Thank you so much for this fantastic story.

I think you captured Barbossa's characteristics and dialogue perfectly.

The love scenes were expertly written and they weren't too graphic. I LOVED the way that you let Barbossa be affectionate and loving as well as a cunning rogue.

Evie. What can I say? Right on target. I enjoyed her almost indifferent approach to Tortugan life and her occasionally sardonic personality.

Each character's dialogue was spot on, and so was each distinctive personality.

I cannot convey in words how much I enjoyed this story. I am a HUGE Hector fan and I completely idolize this story. Again, thank you so much for pouring out your soul and generously sharing this work of art with the world.

You simply MUST write another Barbossa fanfiction!

Thanks for the spectacular reading material! (it saved my life at my grandparents house where there is NOTHING to do) :)

KERP WRITING!
Zackery Faelan chapter 16 . 7/2/2011
I am being lazy and reviewing your author note because it was the last thing I read. I quite enjoyed the story The Briar and The Rose. Hector Barbossa is my favorite character from PotC and to find that someone wrote a story that is expressly about him and his life and the ups and downs and everything in between was fabulous. Everything can be improved upon but sometimes when we improve upon something it loses the very things that made it perfect to begin with. I am pleased with how your story turned out and although I know now that Barbossa comes back, I am content with his end here. It feels right. Thank you for sharing your work with me and the rest of the world. I hope you continue writing 'til Underverse comes. :D
SNeptune21 chapter 17 . 6/1/2011
Just so you know, this is not a review of your author's note. I find that I prefer to read the entire story and review at the end, because some elements of the story may not be clear at first, but are made clear in the end.

This series of events that you have fashioned is a delight to get lost in. I like to think that I know a good fan fiction from a bad one, and hon, let me tell you-this one stands out in a VERY good way! You captured Barbossa's fiery personality perfectly, and made your OC believable and enjoyable. On the topic of Mary-Sue character romance interests, it is my personal opinion that EVERY character ever created is somewhat a Mary-Sue. Any writer who has ever written a worthwhile story has wanted a character that is somewhat a shadow or reflection of who they are themselves. Besides, when creating a character, a writer has to have a source to base their character on, and more often than not, that source ends up being drawn from aspects of their own personality. For, when writing about a topic, it helps to have some level of experience with that topic. And what do you know more about than your own psyche?

Anyways ... loved the story - it's going in my favorites ... TTFN love!
Tia de Loncre chapter 7 . 6/20/2009
Gah! I am loving this story!

But I have a sinking feeling about the effects of the curse... O.o

God I hope this has a satisfying if not happy ending. I love my kink but I'm a sucker for happy endings...

Oh yeah! There's a sequel! 3

God, I'm never gonna get any sleep - I can't stop reading!

Cheers,

Tia
SensiblyScrewy chapter 16 . 12/7/2008
You know I don't usually read stuff this . . . /detailed/ *coughcough*, I mean I do, but I suppose only the good written ones and this is one of those :D. A good read and now I'm on to the next one!
QueenHatter chapter 16 . 7/17/2008
I can't even being to tell you how many times I read and re-read this story and its sequeal PotC: The Briar and The Rose.

Your have a gift for describing things in detail.

I absolutely adore Evie.

I think she's just a charming little thing.

I like how you captured the not so fabulous life of a woman making a living in Tortuga.

I enjoy when you write scenes that include interaction between Evie and Barbossa or Evie and the crew.

I hope that you contiune to write more with Evie and Barbossa.

I've checked back many times, hoping that you might have written one-shots with them and how their furture had turned out.

I greatly enjoyed your stories and I know that I'll contiune to come back and read them again and again.

I hope that in the future you'll write more stories featuring Barbossa and a woman, either Evie or someone else.
gunmetal grey chapter 16 . 6/18/2008
this kept me up at late hours of the night reading. i think this is a really great story and i enjoyed reading it.
cazcatharsis chapter 15 . 5/26/2008
this better not be the last chapter.

it is.

SHIT!

*cough* sorry.

*Cries uncontrollably*

that was masterful... everyone around celebrating except the ONE person who gave a shit about Barbossa... and it really makes me want to throttle Jack with something extremely pointy.

i know you won't, but I can't help but wish for a reuniting chapter, story, whatever. it'd be cheesy and 'fanficcy' to ya I suppose but... Wah, Evie needs to be coddled some more. LOL.

Gods, what a good ending though. I can hear the 'clink' when she drops the bottle... Isolation/mourning sound, that's for sure.

*hugs Evie*
cazcatharsis chapter 14 . 5/26/2008
first off, good, Gibbs got laid. :D

oh, i want to hug barbossa goddamn it.

He needs a hug

shit, but he won't feel it.

*cry*
cazcatharsis chapter 13 . 5/26/2008
*melts* spoils her rotten, then leaves her high and dry. VERY barbossa. LOL.

damn, that dinner made ME hungry.
cazcatharsis chapter 12 . 5/26/2008
oh his speech... *thud*

he was always so eloquent, but only after sensation, pleasure, luxury, is taken away, can one fully appreciate what one had. He said (you said) it wonderfully.

i dont' see him getting to his knees and declaring his undying (ha!) love for Evie, but he does have a way with words... he romanticizes his stories without even knowing he's doing it, really.
cazcatharsis chapter 11 . 5/26/2008
*Cracks knuckles* alright, i'm late, i know...

me go read

okay, my eyes are all teary now... stupid curse... and owwy poor Evie! that final kiss was just darling... and i'm very glad she gave him a verbal bitchslapping, though he really can't help how things are for him right now (sorta) but he really deserved it. lol