Reviews for The Way I See It
Sivren chapter 1 . 7/18/2010
It's very interesting to see how wizardy could be in other parts in the world than Europe. I often wondered that if Voldemort was so dangerous, then why didn't they get help from all over the world? Then again, it's probably a politics kind of thing.

I like that you've made the 'wizards' of the Native American culture completely integrated in said culture; they're not separated like the muggles and wizards in Britain. The Native Americans themselves are somewhat outsiders of the main American culture as well (in my eyes at least. I'm someone from Europe who has never met real Native Americans and whose only knowledge about them comes from TV movies or series, which I don't think are very reliable information sources). The 'exclusion' happens twice, but based on different characteristics. Wizards separated from muggles, Native Americans from the masses. I often enjoy to read how a bystander would look at a culture, and that's exactly what Whitecalf did to English, and Cedric to Whitecalf's culture.

I also enjoy your characterization of Cedric. The characters in Harry Potter never really got to me, they were just 'paper people', and I read the books because I wanted to know how they ended, but most characters didn't come to life. Cedric here got some flesh and blood.

It's completely in character for Dumbledore to keep a treasure box with the great papers his students have written, and Minerva was the perfect person to find it.

Don't know what else to add, I couldn't find something for you to improve, so just see that as a compliment.
LiraelAlanna chapter 1 . 7/10/2010
This gave me chills. I'm Canadian and Ojibwa myself, so this made me proud. You're amazing!
MQ1 chapter 1 . 6/21/2010
I loved this.

Completely original and nothing I've ever seen before; simply brilliant.
plzkthx101 chapter 1 . 5/7/2010
I feel like crying. Actually I think I might be. There is a deep and abiding beauty in the way you write and what you write. You write the kind of people I want to know and love - authentic. I never cared very much for Cedric but after tonight I will never think about his death the same. Thank you.
Rubberduck697 chapter 1 . 4/4/2010
I thought this was just wonderful... a job very well done :) Extremely intriguing and a completely awesome character analysis and build. It was heartfelt in that you really shined an awesome light on the impacts that two relatively pure characters had on the characters of the series, they make awesome protagonists. Great job! Thanks for sharing :)
louiegirl chapter 1 . 3/8/2010
i really liked that. it was an interesting way of looking at magic and a different perspective that i dont think anyone has tried before. i really loved this story.

good job :D
chst chapter 1 . 1/30/2010
Great, I really like it.
Twilightobsessed09 chapter 1 . 11/20/2009
Really amazing. Befitting of Cedric...
MikiNoTenshi chapter 1 . 2/19/2009
That was beautiful. Thank you for writing it and sharing it with us.
SusanL chapter 1 . 1/7/2009
You made me cry - twice. What an amazing way to be introduced to HP fanfic; I read this and A Dance in December. I can't decide what to read next, but I know it's going to be outstanding.
insaneprincess chapter 1 . 11/9/2008
beautiful. very different from any fanfic i've read before, but i loved it.
bookishgirl chapter 1 . 10/26/2008
I can't explain it clearly, but this was a great story (?), whatever it is it was...genuine seeming...
Right or Ryn chapter 1 . 7/27/2007
This is extremely interesting. I came across your story 'Finding Himself' a few days ago on pstibbon's profile and I figured, sure, why not? I'll give it a try. I couldn't put my laptop down for two days. It really pissed off my family but I wouldn't hear it. The universe you've created with Ced fascinates me. I really wanted to comment on the story (because it's freaking AMAZING) but I wasn't sure how. There's not a review button like their is on fanfiction, so on a lark I tried to find you using the search, and here you are! (if that makes

*any* sense at all). I've read some of your other stories, like this one, and they are all SUBERB. Amazing job.

Another reason for this review, sense I don't know how else to contact you (I guess I could PM you but I'm already half-way done with this review to bother now) is to ask how long you think it'll be before you start posting for the sequel now that Deathly Hallows is out? I can't wait until I get to begin reading 'Dulce et decorum est'. Is there any type of 'Alert' I could get to let me know when you start posting? I'll be checking your site every other day or so to check (I hope you're not creeped out by this semi-stalker like behavior) but another way to find out would be easier, and I am pretty lazy.

Amazing work.
Nianko chapter 1 . 3/1/2007
It's truly a fanatstic fic. Seriously, it's proably the best written thing I've read in the longest while. It's complete, it's direct, and it's taotally Cedric's face and attitude I believe. I loved the ideia, and how you exposed it. Great work, you have a great talent.

nK
Emily chapter 1 . 2/10/2007
I really liked this - it's original and meaningful, especially compared to most of the stuff on this site, and seems really fitting to Cedric.
33 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »