Reviews for Family, Friends and Other Complications
chaoskir chapter 17 . 4/9/2007
The next wonderful chapter from this great fic. I loved it and I enjoyed reading. John cares about House? Its a interesting way you describe John and his personality. You have done a great job again and I cant wait for the next chapter. I love this fic.
an-angel-in-hell chapter 17 . 4/8/2007
Ooh... interesting chapter. Thought-provoking. John makes Wilson sound like a pessamist, there. Maybe he kind of is, sometimes.
an-angel-in-hell chapter 16 . 4/8/2007
Nice chapter! very sweet, with the proper sprinkling of drama.
Titavi chapter 17 . 4/8/2007
You got me when Blythe was thinking about how if House wasn't in pain that maybe Wilson could be happy. Awesome chapter and I cannot wait for more.
420PeaceFrogs chapter 17 . 4/8/2007
These are such good snippets I really like the way that you have done this
08joanna chapter 17 . 4/8/2007
Ah - another chapter so worth waiting for! The dialogue is great, especially House's attempts to keep people away after the treatment, and his usual arguing/snarking with Wilson. I think it's interesting that you have John noticing Wilson's worry (which I agree would've been there from the start), and being pessimistic about whether the treatment will last, with Blythe of course being the one who's optimistic.

A couple little nitpicky things that seem like words have been omitted: "before Cameron shows up and (gets) all teary again" and "As (they) moved to the door, Wilson caught sight..."

My favorite bit of dialogue - John's line "He always wants to make a scene. He just wants to control it." We can hate John on House's behalf for lots of things, but your story makes him human, and this line struck me as so funny, because, despite being so clueless sometimes, John does perfectly get some things about his son.
rachbigbro chapter 16 . 4/2/2007
I love how you have written Wilson's relationship with House's mother, it's fantastic. I wish that it was like that on the show. I cannot wait for more!
Emi1988 chapter 16 . 3/30/2007
This was good. I wonder what will be covered next?
420PeaceFrogs chapter 16 . 3/30/2007
KB22 chapter 16 . 3/30/2007
Steve McQueen House...can you imagine Blythe passing around the pictures of her "grandson" on his little wheel or eating an apple!
chaoskir chapter 16 . 3/30/2007
Your story is that great. Really it could be the real life. Youre a great author because only a great author can write that the story seems as the real life. I loved in wich way Wilson and Blythe talk together. There is love. It seems Blythe loves Wilson as a second son. Great and brilliant written. Thank you again for this wonderful story with the lot of feelings and emotions. I cant wait for the next chapter.
08joanna chapter 16 . 3/30/2007
I can visualize this scene so clearly (this typically happens when I read your fics). Yes, Wilson & Blythe in House's apartment, feeding Steve, cleaning out the frig & dusting the living room - just the kinds of mindless chores people do to keep occupied when a crisis in their lives is all-consuming. I loved that Wilson apologized to Blythe, and that she didn't blame him but acknowledged that John "isn't perfect" and maybe she should have challenged him more. Despite everything, she really is a wonderful mother.
HouseAddict16 chapter 16 . 3/29/2007
Very well done and very true. I need to keep busy like that sometimes as well. Love what you're doing with this piece.
Juliabohemian chapter 16 . 3/29/2007
08joanna chapter 15 . 3/25/2007
This much-anticipated chapter didn't disappoint - it's so realistic, especially Wilson's anger at John (understandable, but also a bit misplaced, I think - yes, John's question was obnoxious but Wilson was most likely angry at the whole world in that moment). I also loved some of the other details, especially Chase's insistance on scrubbing in for House's surgery, and Foreman's somewhat crazy instinct to go out and look for House's assailant. I'd love to see a follow-up chapter taking place after the Ketamine treatment, with Blythe's no-doubt joyous reaction to Greg's improvement, and John's reaction (not sure what exactly that would be). It's rather AU to suggest that somehow John & Greg could've had a reconciliation during that time period, especially with the events of S3 going as they have, but it would be fascinating to read your take on it. Then, of course, after the pain returned, I'm sure Wilson must have spoken to Blythe (even if Greg would've avoided that conversation as long as possible). Do you plan on continuing this? There are so many great possibilities, even though, in canon, we haven't seen his parents since "Daddy's Boy."
187 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »