Reviews for Broken Dreams
tinks-belle85 chapter 1 . 3/8/2007
Oh wow, that was wonderful and refreshing! It's a different take on the world's feelings towards Hammond. Instead of seeing him as a misguided old fool, they see him as a murderer and he is shunned from society. I loved it and thought it well written as well as creative. Congrats on writing a wonderful oneshot! Be proud! I look forward to many more.

Tinks :)
Sassy Lil Scorpio chapter 1 . 1/14/2007
Wow. This was a really thoughtful look at John Hammond. I really enjoyed reading this. It made me feel sympathy and for his shattered dreams. Two sentences really stood out to me: "A velociraptor which he had managed to clone so perfectly that it had been able to reproduce." I remember that from the book when Wu realized he had engineered the dinosaurs so well they could reproduce-he realized it just before he was eaten alive. And the other sentence about: "Why bother trying to stave off death when the world thought you a murderer and didn’t give a shit?":-that was "woah" to me. Hammond definitely views himself differently than how others see him, but regarding Nedry's betrayal, he seems to know that he was stingy and played a role in it. I think the ending is perfect about "Life finds a way" and how ironic it is that land developers are planning to create a theme park right in the final resting place of John Hammond. Great work! I think your "serious" fics like this one, are really great. I enjoy your humor, but I'm more into these type of fics...you write them very well. Good work!