Reviews for Close Encounters of the Harry Potter Kind
styloespada chapter 1 . 7/1/2017
It's really interesting to read fan fiction about Harry Potter written from an early perspective on it! It does feel like I'm 16 years late reading this, but it makes the story intriguing in a new way. I appreciated the note about you being a librarian too, as I work in one myself and find myself critiquing books and anything else that takes place in one (judging their understanding of fire code and safety regulations has made me rant about how bad a book is before)! And yes, patron stories may not include the magical in real life, but they can certainly be unusual and odd at times!
aalens chapter 1 . 1/26/2012
I am now going back to your page to see if just possibly you have written a sequel to this - crosses fingers.

Excellent fic. Thank you.
Katamabob chapter 1 . 11/6/2010
Great story. Really funny, nice and well written. One mistake I saw (I think) was in the note from Mr Mysterious Stranger (*cough* Snape). He said 'irregardless' which, though commonly used, I'm pretty sure isn't a word. Small mistake, barely noticeable, but I don't think Snape would make a mistake and use it. 'Regardless' would work fine.

Loved it, and those Harry Potter events sound AMAZING. I never got to do stuff like that when I was a kid, and I would've loved it. They just weren't quite as popular when I was that age, and America has a bit more hype for these things. Pity...

Kate
clusterlizard1 chapter 1 . 11/22/2008
that was incredibly awesome.

i wouldn't mind seeing a story formed from this one.

-cookies for you-

~clusterlizard1
Capricia chapter 1 . 9/17/2007
A facinating story! Well written and very entertaining.
Ohyeah100 chapter 1 . 7/11/2007
haha. Fabulous.
Larilee chapter 1 . 6/23/2007
This was just so wonderfully done, it brought a huge grin to my face. Thank you!
sunny tuesday chapter 1 . 3/26/2007
This was really, really cool. I liked it a lot.

R7
Nirrti chapter 1 . 6/28/2006
I have read two or three of your fics and I find that they make me smile. Don't underrate that reaction; it's rare to feel warmed by something.

You seem to favour short excursions into the Wizarding World. I understand why, they are easier to control and not mess up. I write as a way of clearing writer's block and I'm afraid that mine end up all over the place - it's my distraction not my focus and it shows. Your stories work nicely in short form. I'd love to see this develop though. What were Snape's motivations in going there and extending such an unSnapish hand of friendship. What happens in Scotland? I'm not talking romantic epic, but a follow up would be wonderful.
ladycatski chapter 1 . 5/14/2006
Great story!
disamphigory chapter 1 . 7/2/2005
As someone who spends considerable time behind a circulation desk of a library and can fully understand odd patrons, I must commend you on an excellent story. I really wish that we had someone like Snape wander into our library occasionally; it might make life more interesting.

Keep writing, your ideas are original and unique and you write very well.
newtypeshadow chapter 1 . 2/19/2005
i had great fun reading this. _
Andromeda Snape-Malfoy chapter 1 . 12/27/2004
Brilliant!

Cheers,

A S-M
Indigo Ziona chapter 1 . 3/1/2003
Love it :D Wonderfully written with a gentle wit. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Ayla Pascal chapter 1 . 1/13/2003
I really enjoyed this story. The way she told this was really realistic and I loved how Snape acted.

You can write really strong characters that stand out.