Reviews for After the Second Rise
Stasia Ravenclaw chapter 32 . 5/10
loved it

Stasia R. Ravenclaw
Stasia Ravenclaw chapter 23 . 5/9
it's Zacharias not Zachariah and he's Hufflepuff not Ravenclaw. I also been meaning to tell you it's Aurora Sinistra not Emily

Stasia R. Ravenclaw
Pyrane chapter 32 . 2/5
Thanks for the story
I won't go read the next book, 'cause this one was dark enough for me "
Thanks for finishing it on a happy end, I really doubt it would be the case, more times than one :$
See you around !

***Pyrane***
moosejuice5 chapter 32 . 1/1
Brilliant story, one of the best I've read In Ages
ETMegabyte chapter 4 . 7/5/2014
Just a side-note. I don't have the book right next to me, but I am like 95% sure that the sandwich that Ron had on the train in book 1 was corned beef, not roast beef...
Flying Chrissy chapter 32 . 2/9/2014
Great story! Look forward to the next update.
electric2book chapter 32 . 12/8/2013
Love this! Please tell me you completed the sequel or are close!?
CazPeak chapter 32 . 11/18/2013
Yeah - I just skipped to the end. Your characterization was too inconsistent and frustrating for me... granted, you're in good company. JKR did just as much crap with hers, so I can't properly criticize you for similar flaws. Your trio relationship is just a bit creepy/weird for me... add in the contradictory behavior and it just gets too frustrating to read - for me, at least. Good luck with the sequel - I'm sure there are people who are enjoying what you've done with this - I just think its not for me. Cheers.
CazPeak chapter 15 . 11/18/2013
Maybe its a generational thing... I can't recall any of us ever having the Pirates/Ninja debate. I didn't really get any sense of relationship between the characters - it just felt like you were really into Pirates vs. Ninjas. Sorry. I am glad that the story is finally moving along though...
CazPeak chapter 12 . 11/18/2013
Random points :

The cane is at least interesting/clever - certainly a different twist..

Sinistra's name is Aurora, not Emily.

More explain magic to the muggle guardians. *eyeroll*. Given that Sirius is his godfather, and rightful guardian, I am still unimpressed with this plot quirk. Especially with the ridiculous "did you think what this did to us?!" response. Quite the foursome of guardians. *eyeroll again to make a point* The only responsible adult is Remus, who actually talks about the impact on Harry.
CazPeak chapter 9 . 11/17/2013
Making her Sensei, without even alluding to any magics that should would have acquired that were Japanese in nature or training, makes her look like a poser that watched one too many anime shows. A bit farfetched that she would know about healing his magic than healers would... or more about manipulating his connection to the Dark Lord than Albus would. Your Sinistra is looked more like Sensei Mary Sue.
CazPeak chapter 7 . 11/17/2013
Yeah - okay. Stupid. Exactly as I thought... "You're our responsibility, part of the family" - gag. Is this about Harry or the Grangers? And given that the Weasleys are still buying their kids secondhand clothes, I can't say I remotely find a spending spree for all new for Harry credible. If anything, Sirius should have been sorting it all out. Ridiculous plot construct that I hope you have gotten out of your system.
CazPeak chapter 6 . 11/17/2013
So far I have enjoyed this - but I do have to say that part of this chapter was just stupid. I mean really stupid. Why does Harry need new guardians? Other than involving the Grangers & the Weasleys in some really stupid way so that you can try to manipulate your readers more, that is? Its just too contrived. Harry's going to go from the hospital to Hogwarts. He'll stay there over holidays. At the end of the school year, he could continue to stay at Hogwarts until his birthday, when he would qualify for emancipation. Leaving his guardians uncontested does nothing to change that. Instead, the Grangers and Weasleys get to stick their collective noses into Harry's business and your readers will end up with forced scenes of them clucking over him. Ridiculous turn of events that just ends up being awfully convenient. Or just awful. Hopefully the story doesn't devolve further... with this though, I am now tempted to jump to the end, as I think you are probably hiding a pairing in this story as well.
ThomasNealy chapter 3 . 9/13/2013
Question instead of re-breaking the bones why didn't the healers just vanish them and regrow them. It is not like Harry has not had it done before, even if the vanishing part was done by an idiot.
End of story
EmptySurface chapter 32 . 9/4/2013
This story is a bit strange, to me. Not that there's anything wrong with it, or that you've written it badly. Quite the opposite. The thing is, I don't really know what I feel about it. I loved the fact that you made things realistic... at the same time, there's a bit of 'super Harry' over it all. But it's not as if you haven't given him any vulnerabilities. It's confusing me.
I'm not a big fan of Harry/Hermione, so I was really glad you didn't turn the story in that direction, especially when you had ample opportunities to do so.
The grammatical errors that dominated the beginning of the story have gotten much better; I hardly notice anymore, on the few occasions I have spotted them.
To finish it off, I must say I'll look forward to see how Harry will live his life from here. I must read the sequel!
Thank you very much for all your hard work, and for sharing.