Reviews for After the Second Rise
thebetawholived chapter 10 . 1/7
'Personal Space' is an interesting concept. But it reminds me of the penseive in one other way: there's a question of what's happening to your body if you're using it. Is Harry's body in his room, unresponsive and vulnerable?

In Harry's silly 'occlumency lessons' with Snape, I wonder what the professor saw when he returned to the room.
Shadowdog11 chapter 4 . 11/28/2016
Mixed feelings. Someone on the run for 3 months that clearly demonstrated controlled wandless magic seems a bit friendly and awfully concerned with school-boy issues. Doesn't compute.
Shadowdog11 chapter 2 . 11/28/2016
I feel like there is some disconnect... he goes from rage/filled windless casting beast that's been attacked frequently and then Dumbledore is worried about Snape? Would A Snape on the side of the Light not have told Dumbledore Harry was alive so that the Weasleys at least could keep searching? Also... put him with a Desth Eater? I'm just trying to rectify the different tones I'm seeing in my head. Great writing
REVANtheProdigalKnight chapter 32 . 11/13/2016
this is one of the darkest story i've ever read, and it's fantastic. its very deep and emotional and it kind of speaks to you in various levels. at first i was horrified by the dark and morbid theme of the story, but i couldn't just stop reading it. the story features a powerful golden trio who are closer than ever due to the various trials faced by them. i loved the deep and meaningful relationship between the trio. again harry is pretty special, but not super powerful. the character of Ron has a certain depth to it. he is a different person, mainly due to the trials and suffering he undergoes. he is able to relate himself to harry, and this strengthen their bond. hermione is their anchor.
Sinistra is also a sinister character, and i absolutely loved her. she is the perfect mentor for harry. i think the story is best suitable for adults due to its complicated and dark content.
Lollypops101 chapter 32 . 9/12/2016
Great story!
Matsoine chapter 15 . 3/26/2016
I liked the last bit, very dramatic ;) I really like this story so far, I even think I'll ve done the same day I started! Anyway, I got to go back to reading this wonderful story ;)

Have a nice day and good luck in the future.
Blue chapter 9 . 3/12/2016
"You're" means you are. "Your" means possessive. E.g. "You're a writer." As apposed to "this is your pen."
GrammarFreak chapter 3 . 3/12/2016
Exorcise is still there
TheCauldron chapter 1 . 1/9/2016
I know this story is finished, but for future reference, decimate means to reduce by a factor of ten, not destroy completely. :) very eager to read the rest of this though! *goes off to do just that*
Guest chapter 1 . 12/11/2015
What was the point of that? I know you said 'no insults' but the first half of that chapter seemed like it a as just violence for violences sake.
Ezmerelda chapter 32 . 9/10/2015
Sheesh what a ride! You have a great talent for storytelling, marred only by your persistent misuse of homonyms, e.g. your/you're, their/they're, strait/straight, caulk/cock, weather/whether, bare/bear, foel/foul, stake/steak, etc. And your improper use of then/than, which aren't, strictly speaking, homonyms because they really don't sound the same.

The only suggestion I have to offer that may help is to write each word with its definition and study them. Learn to recognise the problem words and take the time to look up their definitions as you use them, to make sure you are using them correctly.

At any rate the story was a good one, thanks for writing! -"-
Ezmerelda chapter 9 . 9/9/2015
This is a fascinating new take on Professor Sinistra (mind the spelling of her name).
Ezmerelda chapter 8 . 9/9/2015
Oh, yuck. I had forgotten about Umbridge. Luna seems a little stranger than usual here...

Notes on the chapter:
Respected (to honor) / respective (relating to each one of the things or people previously mentioned)
Their (possessive of they) / they're (contraction of they are)
Mind the strait/ straight difference also, mentioned on chapter six I believe.
Ezmerelda chapter 7 . 9/9/2015
Dose (how much medicine to take) / does (present singular of "do")

I love it that the twins had to model their choices before the ladies would give in. Too funny!
Ezmerelda chapter 6 . 9/9/2015
Woot! I thought for sure Harry'd completely lost his eye and I'm glad he didn't. But, I'm guessing he'll be disqualified from Quidditch because magical eyes are against the rules. Ah well.

Notes on this chapter: adhere is better used when speaking of sticking something to something else. Appeal is bedt used when talking of attraction. "Harry wants clothes that will appeal to a young lady."

Strait (strict, rigorous or narrow) / straight (not curved)

Of course, that last one wasn't, strictly speaking, part of the story, but I thought I'd point it out anyway.

I'm kind of surprised at the healers' disappointment at Harry's scars. Isn't it canon that dark magic always leaves scars?

Thanks for writing! -"-