Reviews for In the Line of Duty
LadyDream3512 chapter 1 . 1/1
This is beautiful and I'm afraid that it made me cry. I especially adore how despite the eleventh divisions brashness, they're their own more or less family. Thank you for sharing!
Galaxia SH chapter 1 . 10/26/2014
Perfect. It's the 11th in all it's glory. You described them in a way that make me feel it's canon. Thanks, again.
Mercenary Flyer chapter 1 . 4/18/2014
Very nice!

I get a very Band of Brother ish feel from the whole thing.
Takara Yamato chapter 1 . 5/9/2013
Nice story! Love every word, sentence structure, plot and style of it...only...i hope you write about ALL of them...and i hope you would update the deaths (and future predictions of death of those who are still living) of all bleach characters on par with the current manga flow...cause by the time i wrote this, many of the major characters died.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/21/2013
fuckin beautiful
The runt Duchess chapter 1 . 4/19/2013
And I wholly agree.

This was...way longer than I expected, for some reason. Some of the deaths had me going 'huh?', some 'YEAH!' and others 'As it should be.' but final verdict? Awesomeness. I loved it. :) Great theme ya got here, moral-ie but not pompous or condescending.

Long live the Eleventh!
three notes chapter 1 . 6/17/2012
Whoop whoop. This rocked. Fabulous job;} shall favorite it*
ParadiseRegained chapter 1 . 6/3/2012
Beautiful story.
Lilya chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
I can't believe this wasn't on my favorites. I have tears in my eyes, it was such a perfect portrait of the Eleventh. You really nailed it.
een nihc chapter 1 . 5/8/2012
How the hell did I missed this gem? It's poetic how each death link to the next one. I like that in the end, it's more about how to live than how to die. You are the reason I heart eleventh division so much. )
me malum chapter 1 . 3/31/2012
Gods damn it, how did I miss this the last time I stalked your page?

Creepiness aside and all.

Loved this as much as 'By the Sword', if not more. Despite the downright depressing nature of death, and the fact that I only knew maybe half the characters, it wasn't ever actually sad, and the way every section was linked by names made it rather smooth.

Thanks for writing!
Top Hats and Other Items chapter 1 . 3/11/2012
It's weird, but whenever I read this story, it makes me smile. A lot.
KuroiHanabixShenny chapter 1 . 1/8/2012
Tetsuya would have answered if he could have, would have told the idiot that if you kill a fella in a fight you better live yourself, you better fight as hard as ya can to stay alive from that day on, because it wasn't right if you didn't want to live as much as the guy you'd killed and still killed him in the end anyway.

Fear kept Kazehaya sharp, but those cries also made him angry.

Back at the memorial service, Yamamoto-soutaichou droned on to his silent congregation about how brave men such as the ones they remembered here today had died for a greater good— an intangible, perfect ideal.
In the meantime, everyone in the eleventh division headquarters played marbles and drank beer.

. . . Beautiful . . . I don't have any words to describe how fitting this is
mabidiso chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
Wow! Genius story. Wrenching, funny, sad, horrifying, and did I mention wrenching?
A Reader chapter 1 . 8/27/2011