Reviews for St Francis of the Skies
TheAmazingDave chapter 1 . 3/15/2013
I loved this! I've always thought Book would think something like this about Mal.

After all, if Mal really was a bad man, would Book have stayed as long as he did?

I don't think so.
TrisakAminawn chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
Heh. Nice last line.

Saint Francis, at least according to his official /Life/, also threw his weight around and seems to have really enjoyed being the boss of other people. Not running the order, or anything fancy and overly temporal like that, but he was always pulling the Zen master thing and cutting people down to size. Built him a cell to pray in? Too comfortable! Change it! Right now! Eating food? I will make you feel bad about that!

So he and Mal have that alpha-male thing in common, too, though I guess it's not very holy. XD It occurred to me when you described Saint Francis as retiring to live in poverty that Mal kind of did that too-I mean, he's not poor on purpose, but he could probably stop being poor if he were willing to change his lifestyle and cross more lines, so it's *sort of* voluntary, right? ;D

XD St. Jude.
Harm Marie chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
Liked this.
Creator-Chaos chapter 1 . 8/6/2009
Enjoyable read. Really liked the last sentence.
ApollaCammi chapter 1 . 4/11/2008
A wonderful look at Mal from a character that is never really in the spotlight. Loved it, really. There were some great moments in that one, and I loved that you had a saint for every member of the ship. It's not horrible at all, it's a really good look inside the head of a complex man that we never really learn all that much about (on the show or in the movie).
rouge195 chapter 1 . 1/18/2007
Don't beat yourself up too hard over this story. It really is a nice story. If you ever consider rewriting it, I would like to suggest using the first-person, or even second person narration to tell the story. The story does struggle with the pov used. And maybe expand a little more on the backstory of the events mentioned, perhaps even wondering why Mal did this instead of that. Show him making those decisions, instead of just telling us he didn't. For every decision a charactor makes, it opens him up to hurt. Or to happyness
CalmintheChaos chapter 1 . 1/17/2007
I can honestly say I was pleasantly surprised by your fic. Wasn't too sure about the whole saint bit, but I loved the way you tied things in together. is one of my personal favorites, so I was happy to see him used for mal. I loved what you did with your fic! Especially your last line. Perfect!
qwerty-girl chapter 1 . 1/16/2007
I was sort of luke-warm on this fan-fic right up to the end. The last line pushed me over...I like it. You have a good flow to your writing. I'd like to read more.
Jas-TheMaddTexan chapter 1 . 1/16/2007
Nice. You treated our saints with respect. Always apperciated. Personally I've always thought of Mal as a special case for St. Anthony of Padua. He is the patron saint of lost causes after all. :D
K chapter 1 . 1/15/2007
amen
pequenop chapter 1 . 1/15/2007
Oh my, that was beautiful. I loved the theme in the story. The characterization of Mal is just awesome. Really, I'm just in awe right now of how wonderful this was.