Reviews for Flash by Northwest
Fallen Gods Rise chapter 15 . 10/7/2019
I just finished this story and wanted to take a moment to congratulate you on writing an excellent and original story. I've enjoyed it from start to finish. Thank you for writing and sharing this your work is very much appreciated.
nicetwin123 chapter 15 . 11/14/2017
This stor was amazing. I was drawn into it from the very beginning, and tull the very end.
lizzypotterfan chapter 15 . 11/1/2016
NO. FREAKING. WAY. I thought all the way back in chapter FIVE, 'What if the murderer is Alfred?!' but it wasn't something I really took seriously. Alfred did nothing. There were no clues, no minuscule bits of evidence (not that I noticed at least), and he barely showed up. It was just something that came to mind as 'that would be the biggest plot twist ever' so I kind of dropped the thought. I seriously thought it would be someone else, BUT THEN YOU ACTUALLY WENT AND DID IT? (Though I'll admit that I got slightly suspicious when Wally found the charred fabric...) BUT WHAT A PLOT TWIST! YOU ACTUALLY GOT ME TO THINK IT WASN'T HIM, THEN YOU JUST TURNED AROUND AND SUDDENLY HE WAS ACTUALLY THE MURDERER!

Ahhhhhhh! This was such an amazing story! Thanks so much for writing! I loved it!

(... I apologise that this comes almost ten years after the story was finished, but I couldn't help myself. Thanks again for writing such a brilliant story!)
Luna chapter 15 . 10/28/2014
This is one of those stories I read and read again and again. Its so enjoyable and rich. The plot, the dialog, the characterizations, the character development, the canon feel, the gritty details, the nods to comic canon, it all is amazing. I am in awe of it. It would make a great published DC comic or novel. It's better than some of their official stuff!

Thank you for writing and sharing it.
Ermilus chapter 15 . 9/6/2014
very well written
bookwyrm.the chapter 15 . 6/14/2013
I hate you so much right now. It's 4:30 in the morning and I need to SLEEP, but I couldn't until I finished this stupidly wonderful story. Thanks for nothing, you horrible, sleep-stealing people.
Magus1108 chapter 15 . 3/14/2013
This took me most of the day to read, but it was TOTALLY worth it! :D

This was a great fanfic, from start to finish! Had me in suspense for a good majority of it! Loved the mystery here.

Great job! Keep up the brilliant work!
Borrowed Twenties chapter 15 . 12/15/2012
This story is simply amazing. I think I can say for sure that this is the best story in the JLU fandom I've ever read, and maybe in the entire site.

All the characters were so well fleshed-out, with all their flaws and yet they were still kept endearing. All the homages and references to dozens and dozens of JL/U events and other characters in the show was enjoyable and made the reading experience that much more valuable. I've never seen such a thorough rendition and interpretation of the Big Seven, and it made complete sense as well.

The plot was well-paced and kept me guessing and reading on, and I didn't see the whole "the butler did it" coming, and while that was a detective trope played straight, it was so fantastically done.

Kudos for writing such a terrific story!
Guest chapter 15 . 11/10/2012
This was the best Justice League fanfic I think I've ever read. Kudos.
nicklaura chapter 15 . 11/4/2012
That was good. It was unbelievably good. In fact it was SO amazing that this review alone will never be able to show how GREAT this story was to read! If this was turned into a book, I'd buy it in a heartbeat! All the characters were portrayed perfectly or close enough to it. The storyline had me trying to guess what happened next throughout the whole thing. All my questions were answered and I couldn't really ask for more. I'm satisfied with the way this story ended and loved every part of it. That's how complete it is! I really loved twist at the end! I would have never suspected Alfred! I guess it really is the butler who always does it. This story was a great one and I'm glad I decided to read it. Thanks again for the amazing story!
Peonywinx chapter 15 . 5/9/2012
AHA! The butler did it! It's such a famous mystery cliche, everyone should have seen it coming - but of course, no one did, because it's become so predictable no one uses it anymore, so when you actually DO use it, it totally and completely takes everyone by surprise. The unexpected expected scenario, as it were.

Anyway, this story was just bloody brilliant. I read it all in one go, even though it took me several hours - I just couldn't stop! The attention to detail is amazing, and the plot is so intricately complex and intriguing that you just can't help but be drawn in. This is seriously one of THE best stories I've ever read on the site. I really love what you did, drawing the big 7 into an imaginary, parallel book universe where they have to play out the plot of a murder mystery to get out. It's pure genius.

I actually wish this story were REALLY printed in an actual novel right now, so I could have an actual book in my hand with an awesome cover illustration and pages worth of words that weave a wonderful plot together for my entertainment, over and over again.
natsu.point chapter 15 . 3/7/2012
Wow, that was a lovely epilogue. While it isn't one of the best epiloges ever created, at least the scenes have a very huge impact and it completely capture the 'moving on' part of their lives.

A very good and heart warming story that I enjoyed reading. Thanks for writing this.
natsu.point chapter 14 . 3/7/2012
I fucking knew it! Well not really but my instincts are telling me that Alfred's role in the story is quite odd and have to be something more. I find it weird that he didn't do anything to stop Bruce's lifestyle in this noir story.

Bruce's depiction in this story completely fits and make sense. There is a part in his mind that thinks the only reason Alfred still stays with him is because of the inheritance that Alfred would get. He's also afraid that if he didn't become Batman he only end up womanizer because there is also a part in his mind that question whether his playboy persona is only a facade or something more.
natsu.point chapter 12 . 3/7/2012
Your depiction of Bruce Wayne in this noir story is certainly interesting. Although Talia assaulting Andrea is very out of character in my opinion. Anyway in a way Wayne could really have end up like that if he didn't take the role of becoming the Batman but I think you are underestimating Alfred as a character. Most writers here in fanfiction don't really do justice on him. I mean I can't really see Alfred letting Bruce to rebel and ruin the name of the Wayne family. They really make (even in the DCAU universe and the comics) Alfred as a character unimportant but in my opinion he is part of what shaped Bruce on becoming Batman. The best depiction of him as a character is probably in 'The Dark Knight' movie. Alfred guides Bruce whenever he is lost; in short Alfred is like a father to him.
natsu.point chapter 11 . 3/6/2012
I understand it now. Diana envys or is jealous to Shayera's ability to be a leader - to be in command on a situation - and have a comrade's respect. While Shayera on the other hand doesn't like Diana because Diana doesn't have the ability that she have and also have a very opposite personality that she has.

I find it ironic that Shayera - an almost female counterpart of Batman - doesn't get along with Diana while Batman and Diana somehow does. The only possible reason that I could think of as to why Shayera and Batman have a different relationship with Diana is because they have different gender. Also because Diana focuses more to Batman's mysteriousness and not to his leader ability while on Shayera, Diana ignores her mysteriousness and focuses more to the leader and respect ability that Shayera posses. That's the ironic part because if Shayera is a MALE (in some other universe), I believe Shayera and Diana would get along and possibly even have a relationship.

Anyway this is an excellent and a very well written story. It is very good that the fic doesn't have any plot holes (yet, anyway) and also how excellent the portrayal of the characters and having a precise balance role - that no one are left out.