Reviews for Flash by Northwest
GoldenSnowfire chapter 5 . 10/11/2010
Oh my gosh I'm lovin this story!

Can I make some art of it?
SaphirWereTigrss chapter 15 . 6/26/2010

isn't that a bit like every old movie though? the butler did it everytime!

Still brill!
UnknownPen chapter 1 . 6/9/2010
Possibly my fave fic ever. I love that it's the Flash who has to save the day, just like in Divided we fall. Love the forties noir thing going on here. So much fun. I've already read it more than once. This was awesome, MM and Dotfic! Awesome.
Forlorn Maiden chapter 15 . 3/15/2010
When the last thing you think about before falling asleep, and the first thing you think about when waking up is this fic...well then it definitely deserves a review. I really enjoyed reading this despite staying up late to do so. Even though JL has ended, I'm still hungry for good JL fanfics especially if it takes after "Destroyer" and it involves the Big Seven. The plot, writing, characterizations, everything was great. When Tim was murdered, I automatically thought it was the Joker too-and I wholeheartedly agreed with what Flash said about how Tim couldn't get a break in any world. As much as I love Bruce Timm for giving us a new world (and actually introducing me to comics)-I'm still ticked at how things went for Tim. And how you wrote Bruce's anguish over it just broke my heart-especially since you decided to have the Joker incident happen right after Destroyer and Batman "going soft."

Then there's the Carter/Shayera/John/Vixen thing, which I found very amusing. I loved how all their fears played a part, and while I loved the episode with Dr. Destiny I did ponder what they really feared. The fight with the JLords in JLUs2 wasn't enough (too short I guess and it lacked the fears of Diana, J'onn and Bats).

I love how you brought on Flash and how he does have a real job that requires thinking; J'onn thinking he's not needed; Bruce fearing that the ppl he loves are going to drift apart and die (and his second-father not really caring for him); and so on. It was very pleasing to see twists and turns while reading this like with a different...well everyone was different, cameos from the past and various people (Virgil and Richie; Huntress and the Question), and have our heroes forced to be human. Man, I feel like I have nothing but praise for this fic-and I could nitpick every single scene and tell you what I love about it, but I won't do that. XD

Who would have thought it was the butler who did it? Definitely not me, and I don't know if it's because my love for Alfred blinded me or if it was because it was genius! It's kinda sad to see that this seems to be your last Justice League story-but you went out with a bang, so I guess I can't be /too/ upset (I just realized a lot of my fav. JL writers have retired or moved on and you happen to be one of them). Wonderful job, and I hope that this isn't your last JL project.

Oh and as a shipper, I can't help but be gleeful for the Selina/Bruce (at least they had a kid-I'm still angry that it's Talia who gave Bruce a biological child instead of Selina in the comics); Helena/Vic (why did they kill Vic off in the comics? TT_TT); Shayera/John (who doesn't love them? I knew the producers grew to love Vixen to the point where they just couldn't have her be dumped but come on!); and Barbara/Richard (while I like Starfire, I do agree that she doesn't really fit in with the Batfamily). Ack! I'm sorry this is so long.
Totenkinder Madchen chapter 15 . 11/16/2009
Brilliant. Bloody BRILLIANT. I read this straight through in one sitting-really should have been working on my film analysis paper, but damn if this didn't grab me by the neck and pull me right into the story. Both authors clearly have a strong grasp on both the characters of the Justice League and the conventions of the genre, as well as how to subvert them when needs must. Everything, from the cheesy fake postwar movies to the mention of gin in the filing cabinet, was pitch-perfect.

And as for filling out the cast with additional characters, well, that made it a bit like an Easter Egg hunt. I loved the cameos by Huntress and the Question, and the misleading clue of the question-mark necklace. And at the end . . . well . . . talk about a twist, that's all I'm saying.

Rereading this, I realize that my effusiveness is coming off as a bit creepy. For that, I apologize. But I did enjoy this story very much, and I will definitely be recommending it to anyone looking for good JLU fanfiction. Thank you so much for sharing!
surrealgreen chapter 15 . 9/25/2009
One of my favorite JLU stories. I really love the way you characterized them all. Poor Batman-I just want to give him a hug. And Wally, too, but for completely different reasons ;) He makes a great detective, with Diana as his Girl Friday. Bravo, Bravo.
AllThatGlistens chapter 2 . 4/13/2009
Cool concept. Also, a lot funnier than I thought it'd be.
toushiro1310 chapter 15 . 2/5/2009
Well I decided (since this story is long, and I'm lazy) to review on the last chapter only and...

Congratulations, I definitely approve. Ive read some REALLY awful stories on her and this is a saving grace! No grammar mess up piles; I cant even recall any. The plot was a little slow, but I kept reading since it was interesting. You just did really well. I enjoyed the story, enjoyed the characters, enjoyed the plot, enjoyed the irony.

If anyone has skills in literature, you do.

I will not offer constructive criticism, for I hace none.

Thank you for taking you time to make an excellent piece of work. If you could make money of fanfiction, this would pull in a lot of money.

Now I must stop worshipping and try to find something as good or better.
Kirsten Erin chapter 15 . 12/31/2008
Great job! I really enjoyed this entire story. I thought it was amazing. And I am glad I took the time to read it!
Kirsten Erin chapter 14 . 12/31/2008
haha! What did I say? I knew it was the butler!
Kirsten Erin chapter 13 . 12/31/2008
Poor Bruce. I can't stand the thought of anything happening to Tim. He's my favorite of the Batclan. Poor kid. :'(
Kirsten Erin chapter 12 . 12/31/2008
I like Shayera's analysis on the whole situation. Makes alot of sense...
Kirsten Erin chapter 11 . 12/31/2008
No! Not Shayera too! Stupid Carter- erm, Joe! Bruce just had to not get the messaged... :( Poor Wally, she was like his big sister. And poor John.
Kirsten Erin chapter 10 . 12/31/2008
Hmm... Helena killed Oliver? Seems likely enough. I'm glad Wally isn't ruling out her connection with Mari yet.

BTW, loved the Static Shock reference with Virgil and Richie. Of course, they were actually the same age as Dick, but Bruce might not have seen them since they were Tim's age. Who knows?
Kirsten Erin chapter 8 . 12/31/2008
And now Dick? You're killing me here!
119 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »