Reviews for Quirk of Fate, Part 3: The Shadow Spider
CrossoverFan chapter 8 . 9/12/2010
I like the first ending better, but I'm a sucker for a happy ending.

The tentacles in this chapter seemed more movie based having an evil will of their own. Where in the other ending they seemed to just obey, like the standard continuity. Doc Ock is in control Doc Ock is evil and uses the arms to do his bidding. Both versions are good but I prefer to blame the craftsman and not his tools.
CrossoverFan chapter 7 . 9/12/2010
"What did it matter what her face looked like under her mask?" I'm still not sure about this Mary Jane is...hot, she's a model or an actress in the normally. It's not like Peter Parker where he's a teenager and Black Cat's an adult (Ultimate Spider-Man). I think Johnny Storm should have been psyched but no he runs off I just don't get it.

Regardless great story, great series.
CrossoverFan chapter 6 . 9/12/2010
I agree Heroes who suffer the pain of loss are often better then those who haven't. Heroes need a reason to be a heroe otherwise they're just some guy with super powers. All the great heroes have lost someone Superman lost his entire race, Daredevil lost his father, Batman dosen't even have powers but he lost his parents and he's one of the best superheroes there is.

Disclaimer:That's not to say Heroes without loss can't be just as good. And my favorite book is mainly a story about some guy with super powers.
CrossoverFan chapter 4 . 9/6/2010
Gwen Stacy called it. I think it's funny that you're using Ultimate Spider-Man Gwen's persona since she was Carnage. And since Ultimate Gwen Stacy's the only Gwen Stacy I've read.

I also like how MJ's the symbiote relationship ended, since that's how it ended in the original comic.
CrossoverFan chapter 3 . 9/6/2010
DNA sure, Dental records bull, she broke every bone in his body, she would have smashed his teeth in too.

I still say Gwen Stacy you gave the woman motive to hate Spider-Woman and Doc Ock. With Ock dead who's left?
CrossoverFan chapter 2 . 9/6/2010
Too far Spidy, too far. What's Johnny Storm going to think?

Also is Gwen Stacy going to be Spider-Woman's Venom? I think she might.
CrossoverFan chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
It occurs to me that when dating two people it would make things a lot easier if they had the same first name.
The Talk Of The Town chapter 7 . 9/27/2009
Nice. I love the caveat of having the Watcher being the one who was telling the story. Very nice.
The Talk Of The Town chapter 5 . 9/27/2009
Oh holy SHIT.

Dudette...wow. The scene where Johnny and MJ meet, and MJ does her reveal...wow. As sad as I am to say it's realistic, it IS. And you PERFECTLY encapsulated why I hate Torch for the most part. He has his moments, but on the whole he's a 'frat-boy' dick. And, you showed that PERFECTLY.

And let's not forget MJ donning the Doc Ock tentacles. Wow...talk about fighting dark with dark. I think I officially love your version of Spidey better than the canon Spidey (who happens to be my favorite ICON-level Marvel hero), because she's written very well, and her circumstances and situation are more interesting. Kudos.
The Talk Of The Town chapter 4 . 9/27/2009
I KNEW IT!

I LOVE this series so far. Great mix of classic stuff (if twisted to present it from MJ's point of view), new wrinkles, and pure Wham!-moments (Doc Ock KILLED!). And I think it was a GREAT stroke of genius to make Venom Gwen Stacy. Nice mix of twisted canon (Ultimate universe, where she's basically the Ultimate Carnage) and putting the two original ladies who Peter holds in his heart against each other. Beautiful.
Song With No Soul chapter 8 . 4/25/2008
The actuators! I like how she used the same line as Otto did in the movie.

I like the short, chubby theme going on here. You can see a pattern.

Oh boy, I don't like where *this* is going. MJ you really should've thought twice before putting the damn things on.

Wow, that was close.

I like this one much better. It was much more tightly written and coherent. It grabbed me and pulled me to the edge of my seat, which I'm pretty sure the previous one never did. The ending and story in general also seems more plausable. Your development as a writer is very evident between this epilogue and the previous- I can see a huge improvement. Great job!
Morgomir chapter 8 . 3/15/2008
Great story. Keep up the good work.
Excel chapter 7 . 5/5/2007
This whole series is great. I hope you'll keep writing this in some way.
cooking babe chapter 7 . 3/10/2007
I like your writing a lot. I wish you wrote one long story instead of breaking it into parts but you've made up your mind. But will you please keep writing this character? Please please please please!
Song with no Soul chapter 7 . 3/2/2007
Ah, Gwen. It had to be you. In the ancient tradition of the Spider- Man movies- the bad guy MUST die in the end.

The Fantastic Five, eh? Nice to see that MJ has a -somewhat- happy ending with Johnny dearest.

Nice touch with the part about the Watcher.

It seemed a little rushed, though.

...So, do you have any other fics planned?