Reviews for Measure Of Madness
Caricature of a Witch chapter 1 . 11/7/2014
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* Thank you for writing this. (Yeah, ages ago, but it's still there for me to read.) I don't know all that much about Poe so for me it's the Joker. And this Joker is pretty perfect *-*
MissBliss8527 chapter 1 . 4/11/2011
Wow. I totally agree with this, all of it. Especially that one sentence: "For you see, we are all mad..." because I just love that sentence, probably because of Jervis Tetch saying "We're all mad here." as a quote from Alice in Wonderland. Anyway. I'm pretty sure that we ARE all mad. And this kinda makes sense. Probably because I'M mad, but yeah. I favourited this.
Jejune Nightshade chapter 1 . 9/14/2010
Amen to that.
GuesssWho chapter 1 . 8/24/2009
We're all mad here, dear Alice.

If you weren't mad, you would not have come here.
Purple Ghost Sausage chapter 1 . 3/16/2009
Very nice. Creepy, too.
DrakkenWasHere chapter 1 . 11/30/2008
I was once reading a psychology book, when I ran across this quote: "They called me crazy, and I called them crazy, and damn them, they out voted me!" (Sorry to say, but the text didn't give the man a name...Poor bloke, and after saying such amazing words...)

But yes, this did seem very "Joker" to me. And I only say this, because these words remind me of The Killing Joke and Arkham Asylum: A Serious House On Serious Earth. Even if "mad", the man tells some truth.

I bet we all have ideas of harming others, whether we fufill them is the key to the puzzle. "Lunacy" is another word for freedom. They are crazy, because they have open themselves up to infinit possibilities. Where we are tied to morality and society, madmen are free to do as they please. I, in fact, envy this...I think people tend to like the villians (and the Batman ones, especially), because they are what we desire to be at times.

I simply loved this! It's stories like these that make me enjoy reading.
Dramil chapter 1 . 9/22/2008
I almost felt it was more the Riddler then anything else.
princessebee chapter 1 . 2/5/2008
I like this one. A straightforward, short and sweet exploration of Joker's core philosophy.
jarec chapter 1 . 1/27/2008
Oh. My. God. This is... Perfect. This is the best joker pov i've ever seen. A perfect analysis of his worldview!
Anna McNarin chapter 1 . 12/6/2007
I suppose, if the Joker truly thought things out like that then it's no wonder he managed to wrap Harley around his gloved finger.
sabrinaw chapter 1 . 11/18/2007
beautiful. Simply Beautiful.
Protector of Canon2 chapter 1 . 2/1/2007
Very good. Very thoughtful, very interesting, very well written. And, yes. Very disturbing. But here's another question: What's the difference between mad and strange, or different, or abnormal?
armageddon-incarnate chapter 1 . 1/19/2007
I'M MAD! OU, OU, I'M MAD!

I really liked this. Up until now, I'd only read your humorous (SP? I can never get it right...) stuff, but this is really good all the same. Great job! It felt like a call to action, like the Joker (if it's from his POV, which you THINK it is,) is asking us all to stand up, look beyond the 'closed door' into a world most of us probably never imagined. He tells us he's seen beyond the door, and yet it feels like the way he feels about it is so powerful, he can't even describe it, but he still wants to share it with us... Yeah, I'm done analyzing.

Great job!

Keep writing!
001ElvenWarrior chapter 1 . 1/18/2007
Isn't that funny how you begin with no particular character in mind, only to end and then say 'where did that come from?' Heh. It's a great way to vent - via characters in movies, comics, etc.

Definitely a little dark around the edges, but enjoyable. Go figure. Irony is - or should be - my middle name. :D Excellent writing. I look forward to whatever else you write.
NenyaVilyaNenya chapter 1 . 1/17/2007
One of my favorite quotes is "If a man is a minority of one, we lock him up" (Holmes- Supreme Court Justice)

It's the nature of human society, of mass consensus, of 'normalcy', of 'good' and 'evil', and of 'insanity'

I definitely loved this little fic, it delves into the topic of madness very well, and is very convincing.