Reviews for And When the Gauntlet’s Down
Rangerjw1 chapter 1 . 8/22/2017
Interesting idea, and as we saw in "The Promise" it was canonically possible for Zuko to go full on Ozai. However I did realize while reading that the scenario is kind of ridiculous. Aang became a fully realized Avatar upon defeating fire lord Ozai, therefore there really isn't anything stopping him from walking straight into the palace and stripping Zuko of his bending and the thrown. If it came down to a duel between Zuko and Aang, Zuko wouldn't last more then five minutes, even with the aid of Sozin's comet Ozai could do nothing against Aang as a fully realized Avatar.
DefectIllusions chapter 13 . 1/4/2013
It's a pity this seems to have been abandoned. It's very good, I'm not sure why, but the idea of Zuko slipping into his fathers mentality fascinates me.
Guest chapter 12 . 7/3/2012
I really love this story, and although you haven't updated it in AGES, I hope it might get finished and I might get to read the ending. It's really good!
zon12 chapter 6 . 12/10/2010
This story is completely amazing and it's sad that it didn't get completed. A messed up Zuko, while distressing, certainly makes for one interesting story.
cookiemonster321 chapter 2 . 10/5/2010
how can you say he doesn't care for mai, it is sad this story is like a knife cutting me i just might continue reading cause i kinda like it but not really
cookiemonster321 chapter 1 . 10/5/2010
WAT i thought this was maiko! btw i thought it was cheesy but still cute

\
Rose chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
This is, like, SOOOOOOOOOO good. I, like, absolutely love it. Like totally OMFG! LURVE.
Ocaj chapter 4 . 11/1/2008
Put this story in your own universe and you will have a story that will do incredibly well on it's own. You do know you've got a talent for writing, do you?
Dandy in the Aspic chapter 11 . 7/9/2008
MOAR PLZ!

Seriously though this is a great story, you so teased me in the first chapter about finding out about the girl in the Northern Water Tribe. Are you going to add more or is it really complete?

Great work anyway!
cruciolicous chapter 13 . 4/25/2008
*gasp*...no more? update!
Heligoland chapter 13 . 4/21/2008
So I fell off the face of the earth again. And apparently missed the greatest Al-Anon rock bottom story ever, and lots and lots of other fics that have flooded my inbox, making for a literary smorgasbord on my late late return, which is kind of a cool, mouth-watering side effect, but hard to get through in one sitting. I have to think up all these new and exciting compliments at a streak to even come close to properly applauding your work, which, in all seriousness, gets better with every fic I read. Can I just say, SUSPENSE. It's a foreign creature to me, but you totally get it. There's this single bit of cord running through the whole fic, pulled really taut, by the end, then summarily launched at the nearest innocent bystander. Tis awesome.
account killer account killer chapter 13 . 2/23/2008
OMG IM LOVING THIS1! WRIT ANTHOER CHAPTER!
KurukiXV chapter 13 . 2/7/2008
This story is great and so intriguing. Please update soon!
MavsGirl22 chapter 13 . 1/19/2008
Wow. I LOVE your writing style and I have no idea how you came up with the idea of the ONESHOT style of the different chracters out of order. It sounds so confusing, but somehow you manage to make it work so well that it's almost scary!

I love the way you write Sokka and Toph. I'm doing a future fic as well right now, and I've had a hard time writing these two in character. But the way you read more into their relationship is almost inspiring. I'd never really thought about the irony in their relationship, how Sokka lost Yue so he wants to protect everyone and feel responsible for them... while at the same time Toph doesn't want help from anyone...

Anyways, I'm rambling as usual... This story is amazing and I can't WAIT until you update the next chap :D
Ron Weasly girl chapter 13 . 1/16/2008
Wow! I spent this entire chapter wide eyed and at the edge of my seat. You definitely created a chaotic feeling to it; my mind was racing the whole time.