Reviews for Second Place
Aminamenta chapter 1 . 6/17/2011
And then what did Lily think? :) - this fic was all wit and heart, I enjoyed it. And now I want to make wizard comics.
RhiMayFAN chapter 1 . 2/10/2010
this, cracked me up SO much it, HURTS
Siriusmunchkin chapter 1 . 10/10/2009
Poor deluded Severus. He did turn out to be a hero. Though not quite, I'm sure, the way he intended.
HugATru chapter 1 . 4/16/2009
Aww! This needs fanart! )
Algor Nox chapter 1 . 1/7/2009
That's so cute, and yet so upsetting. Honestly, I don't know what Lily was thinking when she ditched Severus. He could be a seriel poodle rapist and I'd still choose him over James.
CocoaCollidoscope chapter 1 . 12/2/2008
Haha, that's too funny! Sevvie drew a comic book! So... what happens? Does he end up giving it to her? Do the "cronies" get their hands on it? Does Sevvie just burn it? He sounds so cute and innocent in this one - w/ his bedsheet cape. :)
AmazingBouncingFerret445 chapter 1 . 7/24/2008
would it be useless to beg for a sequel?

well, i like this a lot... and i'd love to see what lily's reaction is to sev's present (james' too).

cool :)
fireblazie chapter 1 . 8/9/2007
Ohh! Emo!Sev is just too adorable. I mean, y'know, a tad pathetic, but pathetic in a cute-sey, adorable-y way. Right? Haha. An enjoyable read :D
Esperanza46 chapter 1 . 8/1/2007
This was fantastic! HILARIOUS! Snape can't BE any more emo . . . it's so pathetic and so sweet at the same time. I think you captured his teenage essence perfectly.
PoppedTheP chapter 1 . 5/29/2007
That was SO cute. I'm becoming increasingly sympathetic to Severus. Even liking him a bit. I'd LOVE to see a sequel where Lily received the comic, and her reaction.
Silverlake chapter 1 . 4/6/2007
This definitely adds a little delightful complexity to Snape's character.
I am a tie chapter 1 . 4/1/2007
It's actually sort of sweet what Snape did...

a little strange...but sweet none the less...
ravnclwlioness chapter 1 . 3/29/2007
This was brilliant! I really think you found the right combination between angst and violence for TeenageSnape. The way he diludes himself about his own imperfections is dead on and really higlights the ridiculousness of giving Lily the cartoon with the oh-so-heartfelt message "Seasonally appropriate greetings." This was really a quality piece and had me laughing for ages. :) Well done!
Bratanimus chapter 1 . 2/26/2007
I've been meaning to read this one for AGES because it looked so damn funny. And boy was I right. So many wonderful Snape-isms:

"anyone with enough money and time to spend on hair potions could have hair like that"

"saying something about a Roman nose being very flattering to many a man’s profile. ... That had certainly shut Potter up, and he’d looked rather sheepish, then, and had walked away, no doubt contemplating his, frankly, inadequate olfactory organ."

"he couldn’t help thinking they needed a collective name of some kind, but so far, inspiration

"People were stunned; impressed with his outfit."

Loved the totally emo LJ - erm, I mean, comic novel (how perfect!). He comes across as one of those teenagers that walks a fine line between Captain Angst and the Unibomber. All it would take is one final straw to break the camel's back ...

His imagined superhero costume is fabulous. I can totally picture it. And the bed sheet ... and the method drawing! :D ROTFL

I really liked this: " ...while Severus Maximus looked on, longingly, from behind a statue. ... It had taken him the best part of a month to do proper justice to the way the light from the window behind her played on her copper hair." So obvious that this really happened, poor Snape.

And the final passages were almost painful: "he was going to offer her his heart – a part of himself he’d never get back." One can just see that there's no way this will end well.

And how ironic that Snape will later indeed do "something more with my existence."

Really loved this.

BTW, I wonder who bought Lily the chocolates? ...
Catti666 chapter 1 . 2/16/2007
Nice idea. I just like to read about young Severus and his thought... feelings... so well I just loved that story so well! Well maybe not that surprising if I'm also myself writing a fic about that time so well... Great job!