Reviews for She Watched
shaneo6930 chapter 1 . 9/14/2010
Oh, wow. That was a much better ending to the story than the one presented in the film. (And yeah, you can't watch that movie and NOT notice the relationship between Richard and Justin.) Great story.
slytherincrush chapter 1 . 6/18/2008
you do realize that several times throughout the story you call Justin "Justine"? Other than that it wasn't bad at all.
D.L. SchizoAuthoress chapter 1 . 7/19/2007
That was really great! I noticed that there were a few tiny spelling errors, but that did little do detract from the powerful story idea and strong, beautiful prose. I like it a lot!

Schiz
Bacard chapter 1 . 5/8/2007
I really think this is one of the best stories in this category. Probably *the* best, and I just can't explain why. Perhaps because there isn't any "I love you" in your story, or maybe because the boys seem exactly as wicked to me as they're in the movie, or rather because of Cassie's point of view.

There are certain sentences I just simply can’t not like, like the emblematic “Richard was manipulating Justin into manipulating Richard into manipulating Justin into manipulating Richard.”, or the also emblematic two paragraphs, both of them consists three sentences, all of them are almost plain, naked verbs.

I like the way the story goes, the whole storyline mirrored in the tapes, and Cassie’s reflections. The merged photograph on Cassie’s desk alone would be enough for me to like this story, but you have this sentence “And proving it by killing people was easier than just admitting it.”. Oh. My. God. You must be a genius somewhere.

The strange, the really strange is I still don’t think they had gone this far (had had sex), in the movie (in the subtext of the movie), but it’s just me, don’t care about it.

Your story is really almost perfect, but there are also a few errors in it too:

- Typo: Somewhere in the middle of the story, "Justin" becomes "Justine", later (s)he changes back.

- I just can't find out what "they girl" would like to mean.

- Maybe the end is long a little. Just a little (like the movie “Where the Truth Lies” with its five somehow necessary, but still too long seconds at the end), maybe because of the periods or the paragraphs. I mean I see every word is necessary, and I really don't know how else to write it, but I think it should be shorter.

- If they had a surveillance camera in the prison, and saw Justin’s suicide, why didn’t bother to stop him?

Anyway, now I’m just wishing I would know more about your other fandoms, to read more stories from you, but I don’t, so I won’t.

But you’re still a genius somewhere.
Nearly Awake chapter 1 . 2/20/2007
oh my god. that was incredible. just the right amount of emotion without being melodramatic, and i could see the characters.

you're right, it is impossible to see the movie without seeing this pairing.
BMuffin chapter 1 . 1/19/2007
My god this is beyong great...I don't have a large enough vocab to describe how much I like this:) Keep it up!