Reviews for A Small Event
Mister S chapter 1 . 9/4/2014
Tragedic. Just the way I like it.
patternleap chapter 1 . 12/1/2012
That is so sad, but so sweet. I'm trying (mostly failing) not to cry.
Valiowk chapter 1 . 2/26/2012
An exquisite vignette. An ending for Conan or Ran that I'm sure all of us have imagined/read about in one form or another, yet you bring to it a new perspective that brings tears to the reader's eyes.

I love the way you bring up the issue of whether there should be separate files for Kudou Shinichi and Edogawa Conan - are they two separate people, or one? - and the conclusion you make - that they're one person, but Conan existence was special enough to warrant a file of his own. And the ending: "But sixteen is old enough to save the world./And it's old enough to love." - the ending is beautiful, and a timely reminder that one is never too young, if one is mature enough.
Dannichigo chapter 1 . 8/15/2011
TT So sad! But understandable for that happening. I like how you wrote it. - Wonderful job! The view of outsiders known as the world. -
AngelOfPastPresentAndFuture chapter 1 . 6/18/2011
I seriously love this. Brilliant work, it made shivers run down my spine.

Cheers,
DetectiveConanFan13 chapter 1 . 12/15/2010
That's horrible but I love it. So sad. The last two sentences though... Really nice. You know, my vocabulary is usually bigger than this but you've effectively rendered me speechless when attempting to describe your story. All I can say is it is wonderful and heartbreaking at the same time.

Thank you very much for writing this story! .

Ja ne!

~J. DCF
topaz-tantei chapter 1 . 11/22/2009
*sniffle... sniffle... sob!* That was so sad! And so good that I've read it, like, twenty times! Even if it makes me find a new box of tissues each time!

I love how the point of view changes from after the fact to during the "Small Event" . :o) Its a great way to mix things up but still have it understandable.

Btw, I love the line "...a puppet with his strings cut." I can just VISUALIZE that so clearly! Awesome simile!

I also love those last few scentences at the end; its one of my favorite quotes! "They were both sixteen. Sixteen is extraordinarily young. At sixteen you’ve lived barely a fraction of your life, and you aren’t really an adult yet. But sixteen is old enough to save the world. And it’s old enough to love."

I guess guess I just wanna say that I loved it and thanks for writing it. Arigatou! :o)
Katty008 chapter 1 . 12/4/2008
SO SAD! SOB!
purple kimono chapter 1 . 7/26/2007
Dang! That was so sweet! I was on the verge of crying. I love sad stories. I love the end! It's a bittersweet goodbye.
Anomaly25 chapter 1 . 1/22/2007
I really like your DC fics. This one was sad, but very well done. Nice work! :)
psychedelic aya chapter 1 . 1/21/2007
Something about this fic struck me-I don't really know what it was, but it struck me pretty damn good and gave me the urge to cry. Very nice. I like the flow of your words and the sorta appropriate shifting of scenes. Good job!
Mathematica chapter 1 . 1/19/2007
*bursts into tears* That's ... so ... so sad ...

I am a diehard Ranichi fan and I just ... I loved this. Loved it loved it loved it. Added to favourites.

It must be said that I have had needles through my bones without crying ... but this ... *sniff* write more, will you? Please?

But make them go together. Fluffy goodness.

Love Sakura.
Henshi-anichan chapter 1 . 1/19/2007
Holy fuck, that's so good it's scary. I'm completely speechless!
Shimegami-chan chapter 1 . 1/18/2007
Kya ;o; Poor Shinichi, poor Ran...