Reviews for Incognitis Militis
Gilbert H. Karr chapter 1 . 4/13/2012
Hi Schematization,

No, death is never a laughing matter, and heroic death is less so. We desperately need the heroes in our society...those who run into a burning building when others are running out...and those who protect the innocent, whether they be two legged, four legged or no legged.

I loved this touching story, mostly because any tribute we could give them adds to the total, like a drop of water adds to a puddle, but it never seems that we say thank you enough, and perhaps that's because there aren't enough words, or the right ones don't exist in any of the various languages of the earth...after all, what do you say to someone who risks everything for you? Maybe we don't say it because we don't know how, or we sense they'd be embarrassed by it. Maybe it's a measure of our character more than theirs. The only thing we can be sure of is that our lives are better for the choices they made.
SpiritBearr chapter 1 . 7/22/2009
Wow. Powerful. Very well written and deep; and very very true. It's easy to sit there and giggle over the 'red shirt deaths' but you have a point; if this world was real, who knows which of us would be 'red shirts?' And it is a death. Death should never be humorous, not disrespectfully humorous the way we tend to be on this subject.

You see Kirk's reaction much the way I have always seen and written it; slight differences, but much the same. And you drive your point home with cold harshness that left me feeling on the verge of tears. For all parties involved and to be involved. Beautiful story.
Celebwen Telcontar chapter 1 . 3/13/2009
This was very powerful. I have family who is burried at Arlington, and every time I visit them, I stand before the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, wishing that they were all given a sunny, grassy plot in Arlington beside the greatest of national heros, for they are. This story made me cry, remembering my times there. I agree that there shouldn't be anymore unknown soldiers, and that there never should have been. How many wives, mothers, sibligs and children wait for a loved one to come home who never will, and they don't know what happened to them? How can one tomb, no matter how ornate or elaborate, honor all the soldiers that no one ever knew? Their platoons know their serial numbers, their brothers-in-arms know their names, but who will mourn their failure to return, even in a body bag?

I deeply loved this amazing story.

Sorry about the Unknown Soldier rant,

Spirit of the Skies chapter 1 . 1/17/2008
Hey, know it's been awhile..

This is so sad! I cried! Okay, I was already close from other stories, but still! This is so true about even people today, I mean, come on, how many people are really remembered? Well done, as always.

Spirit of the Skies

- Go where no mans gone before.
ninja chapter 1 . 1/22/2007
Dear Schematization:

I am just a poor Star Trek fan, who can not find the words to describe, how happy she is about finding this page full with stories! Tell the others about this messege and PLEASE (all) keep on writing
Kate Andromeda chapter 1 . 1/20/2007
A good story, with a sad but important point to be made. Thanks.
Charlene chapter 1 . 1/19/2007
Wow. What a powerful piece. There are so many jokes about redshirts, but you are absolutely right that it's wrong to think of them as nameless soldiers. I really felt like you were able to get inside Jim's head interestingly via McCoy.
Firewolfe chapter 1 . 1/19/2007
It is very nicely done and I never considered a red shirts death as humorous. But I do know many do. You did a nice tribute to the unsung heros. I wonder if maybe there is a real life parellel. Our policemen, firemen and Soldiers.