Reviews for Lifeline
Excellent story. Thank you.
L'alchimiste de Castille chapter 24 . 7/2/2014
Ahhhhh it's over, nooooo. It was so good! I wanted to see the relationship unfold, but it was so good you're off the hook. The story was beautifully told.
Heather Snow chapter 24 . 7/16/2013
This is very well done. Characterization is good, as is the dialogue. I loved seeing Christine function in a bridge emergency, and if you ever were inclined to write another TOS story along those lines that would be great :-) The whole crisis scene on the bridge from the time Spock goes down is just wonderfully written, captivating, I could read finish it and read it again right away. I also liked the mess hall conversation between McCoy and Kirk and the sickbay one with McCoy and Spock, especially how McCoy pulled out the bit about logic being uncertain. Just very well done. One of the better overall TOS stories I've read.
skaylin chapter 24 . 7/11/2013
Thank you! I am a new TOS fan and this is the first ST fanfic I've ever read. I am amazed by how you added a whole new layer of depth to TOS events! Great understanding and portrayal of characters, you write them so well, sometimes I found myself imagining how all this would look on screen, the emotions so in-character and believable. What you did - you couldn't do it better. Thank you for a couple of thoroughly enjoyable hours and a new exciting outlook on TOS events!
Kiristeen chapter 23 . 2/2/2013
Hi, I figured I needed to review before I forgot the little things I like so very much so far.

I LOVED Christine and Spock on the bridge - her "bossing around the senior officers - and the C and S's interactions. Absolutely lovely - and funny!

The very best part so far, for me, is the interactions between Spock and McCoy, you have absolutely nailed their biplay. Simply perfect. : )

Kiri - off to read more.
Pearlkat chapter 24 . 12/5/2012
Loved it! Great writing, great story. Thanks!
Pearlkat chapter 4 . 12/4/2012
Love the arguments going on in Spock's mind!
Geriatricfool chapter 1 . 11/4/2012
I've only just found this story. I know it's pointless to ask you to write more after all this time, but I do want to say what a masterful piece of writing it is, combining excitement and suspense, character development and relationships I wish I had your talent. Thank you
Guest chapter 24 . 7/6/2012
Seriously one of my most favorite S/C stories.
iadggm chapter 24 . 7/13/2011
I missed this story when it was first published and I only found it recently as it was listed as a favorite by Aconitum-Napellus. I like that author’s work and thought I might like the author’s recommended stories. I must say that I did. I flew through this story; reading chapter after chapter at an excited pace. I really enjoyed it. I think that some fan fiction portrays Christine as vulgar or crass. It makes one wonder why Spock would ever be interested in her. Your story portrays her as smart and articulate. Thrust into a new situation, she may not always adhere to established protocol, it is because this is not her environment rather than because she is incapable. I really liked that.
mantharie chapter 24 . 8/6/2009
I loved this story! Although the romance portion did not end in what I would call a particularly satisfying way, it was an excellent and... fascinating excercise in character exploration. I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of reading it, and it is definitely one of my favorite Spock stories. A great read!
Mark C chapter 24 . 7/7/2009
What a wonderful story. I really enjoyed the battle with the Romulans and how it displayed Spock's command ability. The battle and it's aftermath were very well written.

I also loved everything with Spock and Nurse Chapel. Their relationship was slightly strained at the beginning and things finally returned to normal at the end. I liked how everything was resolved between the two.
Emily chapter 1 . 7/5/2009
I know that I already wrote a review earlier,but I just wanted to reiterate how much I enjoyed your story. It is very difficult to find any good clean stories beyond this website, I,ve been trying to for HOURS! and not a single one. I don't feel comfortable or moral even in the process of looking for good stories outside of . Thanks for providing such an excellent and intelligent story. It truly means a great deal to me after looking at some of the garbage that is online. Authors like you deserve High praise!
Emily chapter 1 . 7/5/2009
You did a great job! One of the Best fics that I have ever read! It must have taken you months to write this, it's very well done, intelligent, and refreshingly clean! sometimes that is difficult to find. I loved how you brought Chapel to the forefront of the story,
MesachHaderach chapter 1 . 5/19/2009
This was fantastic! I love your characterizations of Spock and Chapel. I felt that you really captured the essence of TOS. It's a joy to read fics that are well-written and riveting. You write great action scenes, and I particularly enjoyed how you portrayed the whole Romulan attack scenario. Kudos to you.