Reviews for Dirge
KuramaShadowFoxYokai chapter 43 . 7/2
hope you continue it cause it looks like it has been abandoned its a good story
Thebluetrainstation chapter 43 . 6/3
This is probably the third re-read ( I've reviewed under other names before) and I truly believe this to be one of the best YYH fanfics on this site. I read a ridiculous amount but I keep returning to this one. I wish there was a way to star or organize my favorites within my favorites folder, because out of the hundreds this is probably in my top 5 (probably first for YYH).

The reason why I enjoy this story so much is that there are layers both in the characters and the plot. It's not a straightforward basic storyline. Romance is a large part of the story, but I greatly enjoyed the fact that you focus so much time on a bigger, more complicated plot of war. What makes it really interesting is how that war affects the relationship in turn.

The characters themselves are delightfully complex. It's satisfying that I can appreciate all of the characters' different point of views and still relate to them. I can understand Yusuke's arguments, but then I can also understand Hiei's. I am ridiculously pleased by how you've handled Kuwabara and how he's just a sensitive, squeamish guy but he's at no fault for his innocence. The way you wrote him was simply impressive. That balance could not have been more perfect.

I love how Kurama and Yusuke stay true to their personalities, yet they are still exploring their inner selves. And on a larger scale I love that they are affected by their subconsciousness. That subconsciousness even affects the characters and plot is huge. No one writes like that.

I'll probably reread this again sometime in the future. Thank you for leaving this up here. It's a great piece of work and you should feel very proud of it.
Guest chapter 43 . 12/13/2015
I recently rediscovered my fondness for kurama/yusuke after watching the show again, and went looking for one of your other fics (Changing Circumstances, by the way). That's how I found this lovely entry. Even though you don't seem to be writing it anymore, thank you for sharing what you have. I have enjoyed every moment.
Hiei's Queen03 chapter 43 . 11/20/2015
I hope you update soon
Nathanel chapter 17 . 3/31/2015
I hate to break it to you, but there is no one on the Spirit World Defense Force strong enough to take on Kurama, much less Yusuke. The best they have are high a-classes. Enma himself is only a-class. Yusuke could easily murder Enma and the entire SDF without breaking a sweat.

This really is a giant plothole.
Chastity Gold chapter 16 . 2/27/2015
I am so sad I have to stop reading to get ready for work. I am so mad at myself for not finding this story sooner, but now that i have it, I will never let it go Lol Really enjoy your writing, and your characters are so perfect I feel like I am reading an episode of the original YYH!
Good Job, you're amazing. Cant wait to read the rest!
breather chapter 43 . 10/18/2014
I see it's been four years since an update so I guess I can pretty safely assume this story has been discontinued. I'm very sorry to see that, but I won't harp about it. Really, I just wanted to express my gratitude to you for writing as much as you did. I enjoyed this story thoroughly; the emotion, the action, the sheer complexity awed me. Thank you again for this wonderful work!
aya2aya3 chapter 43 . 7/28/2014
THIS WAS ABANDONED?! NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
aya2aya3 chapter 35 . 7/28/2014
that fight scene was awesome!
aya2aya3 chapter 28 . 7/28/2014
NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! *wakes up from a nightmare*
aya2aya3 chapter 26 . 7/28/2014
HOLY FUCK! (pardon my language )
this is the best chapter i had ever read in my whole life no joke!
reading this on a monday morning, on my day off, just after it rained.. was like heaven! this chapter hit me by force emotionally! this is exactly how i believe their character would act if they were together. there's a NATURALness that's soo refreshingly realistic and well believed that has me in awe... it really feels like the real yusuke and the real kurama, and that im still watching the show. i still haven't recovered after reading this chapter for the third time. this will always be in my memory if i ever hear the names of yusuke or kurama... seriously, i thank you for writting this chapter! even though im soo against yusuke being uke (i just find it forced and OOC in my opinion only of course) i'm really looking forward tor reading the rest! no exaggeration here, this is my honest feelings
aya2aya3 chapter 24 . 7/27/2014
haha what a fun read this chapter was _ ugh! this reminds me soo much of my bf! yusuke is just too freaking cute!
aya2aya3 chapter 21 . 7/27/2014
awww T_T
aya2aya3 chapter 20 . 7/27/2014
OMFG! this was just too awesome for words!
i kept squealing that my bf keeps asking whats wrong with me _
i just love their freaking chemistry! i seriously miss this! thank the gods for blessing us with a fic like this and a writer like you! this had made my weekend can't wait to read the lemon *nose bleed*
aya2aya3 chapter 17 . 7/27/2014
noo... not my beautiful, precious kurama T_T i just love his character! he's truly unique in the anime world! soft, fragile and delicate on the outside... but strong willed and smart on the inside! it's hard not to root for him! _