Reviews for Promises and Protection
sami1010220 chapter 1 . 11/17/2012
D:
Loved it!
Halcyon Impulsion chapter 1 . 11/16/2011
Nicely done, and one of the better tags to this ep that I've read. And you had a legitimate use for the word "limp" which was awesome :)
brokencrownsandhearts chapter 1 . 12/7/2010
that last line was amazing! awesome story, i really liked it!
your knight in tinfoil armor chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
And would Sam doing it be suicide or preventing a murder by killing the killer?
Nicola Silvera chapter 1 . 3/8/2007
Aw...Poor Dean. No wonder hes a liar and a cheat...he always gets in trouble for doing something rite (
SophieSaulie chapter 1 . 3/2/2007
Another awesome story and you did a great job of balancing Dean's dilemma and Sam's as well. So many wonderful scenes and favorite parts:

Something inside of Dean rebelled. He couldn't just let his brother die. He couldn't sit by and watch Sam's life just vanish before his eyes. Not now, not ever. His brother would not die on his watch. And he certainly wouldn’t die by his hand.

Besides, Dean was a liar and a cheat, and proud of it. The only promise he'd ever really kept was the one he made when he was four years old, that he would always watch out for his brother.

That was one he could keep. - LOVED THIS! Again, you nailed Dean's logic and desire to save Sam perfectly here.

Sam's eyes blinked and cleared, and he stared up at Dean. And even in the chaos of the paramedics arriving, of Susan's frantic voice, of Tyler's terrified eyes, the look of betrayal in Sam's eyes was undeniable. - Oh, I so felt the hurt here! I had an immediate reaction of how could Sam be so ungrateful despite wanting to die.

"It could have ended right there. Easy."

Dean clenched his teeth. "Easy? Sam, you weren't supposed to die."

"Yeah, well maybe I'm supposed to be evil. Death would be better," Sam snapped.

"So I'm just supposed to let you die, is that it?" Dean countered, his frustration rising. "You're willing to save everyone else around you, but you're sure as hell not thinking about me here."

Dean's heart thumped painfully; he shook his head. "You're not evil, Sam, and you never will be."

Really enjoyed it!
noname32 chapter 1 . 2/25/2007
good job.
IMTheresa chapter 1 . 1/30/2007
This whole situation has got to be so hard for the boys. Sam is afraid he's going to turn evil and maybe hurt his brother. Dean is afraid he'll end up having to kill the brother he's sworn to protect. How do they deal with this?

I like your version of the ending and the actions are very much in character for both the boys.
Zadrak chapter 1 . 1/28/2007
OOH! this is a very good alternate ending - i think Kripke and co would have been much better off if they'd gone for this!

Very well thought out, i love how theres the hesitation on deans part and sammys angst - good grief!

Lovely job

xZx
KatieLB chapter 1 . 1/22/2007
oh giving me goosebumps major! good little au on this episode... I love when you put those boys in your sandbox and play...great job
SweetJubilee chapter 1 . 1/22/2007
Holy crap, Faye.

That's some ending you've left us with.

Sinister, ominous, disturbing, and downright creepy.

And yet. . .

Altogether AWESOME fic.

. . . And Sam was limp. He was limp and turning blue and limp. . .

Hee.

Much love. Because the more LimpSam you write, the more Protective!Older!Brother!Dean I get.

Priceless.
Nana56 chapter 1 . 1/21/2007
Yep, that's what I think would be more likely to happen. Dean just wouldn't be able to do it. Very nicely put!
kaly chapter 1 . 1/21/2007
Very nice. :) Wish we'd gotten something like this on the show. And I especially love Sam's realizations regarding Dean toward the end - and his reciprocation of them. :)
camlann chapter 1 . 1/20/2007
Oh, that's certainly chilling, isn't it? Nice way to wrap up the chapter. You've done a great job of keeping the boys in character-very believable. The inner workings of Sammy's mind there at the end of the chapter was really nice as well-I liked the line, "Because Dean loved him too much." It says a lot about how Sammy thinks. Anyways, look forward to the next chapter! Keep up the good work!

camlann :)
Cupido chapter 1 . 1/20/2007
Thank you for this! I started watching Playthings and was all, "oh yeah, this episode is totally going to be angsty," cause you know, I really thought that we were going to get a mouth-to-mouth with the pool scene and was so disappointed when we didn't. So thank you for the great work on this! It's amzing!

And hey, Sam's very limp in this story I noticed. :D