Reviews for Desert Rebels
Firestorm Nauralagos chapter 3 . 6/3/2013
I really like this story so far :) Your style of writing is very similar to that of the author, and I could actually see this whole thing being a part of the series :D There were one or two phrases that seemed a little too modern for the time, but aside from that, it's a fabulous story :)

I notice that you haven't updated this in a while; I hope you get a chance to soon! I will look forward to the next update :)

-Firestorm N.
Shadow Huntress chapter 3 . 5/11/2012
Wow, my dad recently introduced me to The Fall of A Kingdom. Instantly, I was hooked. I flew through the first one, crept through the second, and wouldn't put the third one down. I have read two other farsala trilogy fanfictions, but this is the best one so far. You write it almost exactly like the books were written. You don't even seem biased towards the characters, while I know that I would most definitely be leaning GREATLY towards Soraya. I like how you put that Soraya, even though she adapted greatly toward the desert and the Suud, she still had limitations concerning her shilshadu. I really like this chapter. Keep writing and I'll keep reading and reviewing.

Shadow Huntress
wolvenlegend chapter 3 . 11/12/2011
Wow! That's definitely the first word that comes to mind after reading these three chapters. I was thinking of writing my own story about the Farsala Trilogy, so I was checking out what other stories were out there and this is, by far, the best one I have read. Suud rebels, deghans trying to take back power, this is good stuff you've got going on here! I hope you beat that writer's block of yours with this story and keep it going because I can't wait to see what will happen next! I added it to my favorites so I can keep checking in. Keep up the great work!
kakimochi3 chapter 1 . 3/8/2011
so happy someone else is writing on farsala with kavi/soraya and abab/soraya, i didn't have the patience to finish my story. please keep writing! oh and what would you think of a kavi/hama pairing?
Bob chapter 1 . 1/6/2011
I thought it was pretty good. You don't really know what in the world is going on so you just want to keep reading.
jxr1 chapter 2 . 9/25/2010
I had forgotten all about this story, but I was so excited when it came up in my email as having been updated. Great writing style, I just love the way the plot thickens. Looking forward to the next part! :D
Serrith chapter 2 . 9/24/2010
Wai! You updated!

I haven't read your original version so I'm reading this plot for the first time. I like it a lot.

Not just the plot, but the writing as well. I find it really hard to find someone with a writing style I like.

~*~

Serrith
To die upon a kiss chapter 5 . 1/17/2010
Wait! I thought... How old is Jiaan again? These are the ages of the three main characters, as I remember it, you can correct me if I'm wrong:

Kavi: 21

Soraya:16

Jiaan:19

Am I right? Please, I need to know their ages.
To die upon a kiss chapter 4 . 1/17/2010
I read the Farsala trilogy, but thanks for explaining anyway.

You're a good writer!

Keep it in third person. You don't have to write chapters in any particular order-just write what you want and let the words flow. It's okay as long as you post the chapters in chronological order.

More grit and action (war AND love) would be nice. That's not too much too ask, right? This is a unique plot idea. There aren't a lot of fanfictions that deal with this series. I commend you. Maybe some humor if you can manage it? That would be lovely. But, you know, just keep it going. That's enough for now.
Light of Polaris chapter 3 . 1/17/2010
Normally I don't read any fanfics that aren't related to Tamora Pierce but I saw the name when i was looking for something and got curious. I think this story is getting good and i always thought the books a bit lacking in romance even though i always wanted a Kavi/Soraya relationship. Kavi was by far my favorite character and you're write about being constantly in suspence! Poor Kavi, everybody seemed to hate him and then they find out that the Hrum were toturing him and Kavi didn't give in. Now it's all like, wow look how much he gave up for us...I mean they couldn't have figured that out before and cared just a little bit more for his safety and well being? Anyway, nice job and I'm going to cut off here so that i can read the next chapter. -Polaris ;)
pugfaced chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
I like this. Continue please, since there are barely any fics for this story.
Hasna chapter 14 . 12/5/2009
Really, really, amazing! i love the fact that you are bringing back Hama and the older characters, and i am so glad that you are going to write again!
To die upon a kiss chapter 3 . 10/10/2009
My review: No, your writing is not lacking. You are an almost-master of descriptive words. When you described the blood in chapter 2 (Soraya, even I felt a little sick. The only other writer I know who can do that is Stephen King.

My advice: More horror, more descriptions. Keep putting spaces between paragraphs, keep the paragraphs short. This will make the screen print easier to read. Getting out of character is absolutely fine. Try it, maybe? You are not Hilari Bell and don't need to write like her.
Elycat chapter 14 . 9/9/2009
Ah, nice job~ Your writing style really does the series justice - I'm honestly terrified of attempting fic for it because Hilari Bell is such a wonderful writer, but I've been very satisfied with this so far. The characters' voices are spot-on.

And yes, I think Jiaan/Hama is a really cute idea - go for it!
ej8012 chapter 12 . 8/27/2009
OMG

You have better add morre soon, I love it so far!

Great job, and you don't give uot the shortes chapters in the world, I like, no, lov this story so far!

Keep writing! :)