Reviews for Autumn Leaves
FollowThisRhythm chapter 1 . 4/17/2010
Ohmygosh, how does this have so few reviews? This is absolutely wonderful!

I adoreadoreadore this couple and this is a fantastic addition to the LJ archives. It's short, yes, but the length doesn't really even matter because you're message and purpose is clear with only a few paragraphs!

You make it very easy for the reader to understand Lily (and James too 'cause you're indirect characterization of him was just lovely!) and simple for me to put myself in their shoes and imagine what they are feeling and thinking.

And the metaphor? Oh god, I lovelovelove metaphores, I am prone to use them consistenly myself, and I /love/ yours! It's so heartbreaking and tragically beautiful and poignant (and Autumn is my fave season which of course makes this just so much more amazing ;)) and just.. it's perfect, utterly perfect. :) The last paragraph is my fave., there's just something so final and true and sad but, again, beautiful (because of your words) and it's just wonderful- this whole fic was!

Thank you so much for sharing this, it's brilliant!

-Rhythm :)
mrs.shigwa.cobain chapter 1 . 5/22/2007
You used the metaphor very well

and you were able to expand the story emotionally so well with such a small amount of words.

Bravo :)
BlueIrishEyes chapter 1 . 4/29/2007
So I'm going through your profile after I read your DHr drabbles and randomly clicked this one. How lucky I am! This is sad, but I really like how it portrays the part of Lily and James' life that is currently unknown territory. Good job!

BIE

P.S. I'm a review-aholic, so you'll probably be hearing more from me. ;)
JustCallMeDollface chapter 1 . 1/21/2007