Reviews for Make Your Peace
emitate chapter 1 . 1/16/2009
Great story.
Guest chapter 4 . 11/5/2008
Oh my... this fic really does leave one feeling quite empty after reading it...

Very, very sad ending, and if Fayt's weight-loss wound up continuing after Albel's death, then Fayt would soon follow anyways.

There is just so little I can say, it's just so dark, and while I love that, it leaves me feeling rather down ;

Overall, a very good fic.
evilcheeser chapter 5 . 10/26/2008
Wow. What an amazing story. I strive to find stories like this, that can pull so much emotion out of my soul. I cried a lot, at the end. My favorite scene was the one where Albel and Fayt are having a love-fest, when Sophia interrupts. This, to me, was the embodiment of their love-so close, but never able to be fulfilled.

Also, the scene where the kiss during their spar. ( O: ... It seems I like the kissing scenes...but not for that reason...) This really built up Albel's character and explained a lot about where he was coming from.

Listen to the (mostly) piano song "Struggle For Pleasure" composed by Wim Merton. I was reminded of it by your story.

As far as criticism, I don't have a lot. Two pointers, though: 1. There was little/no talk about what happened to them in the past. I could have used a few tie-ins from the game's storyline, for example. (Such as, some of the scenes where Fayt's having issues). Also, maybe some more detail on Albel's past, which the game hardly covers. A note here and there would've been nice. (I did like the 13-year-old with the girl thing. Good job, there.)

And 2. The minor characters were a little weak here. I could have used, for example, a short thing about what Cliff does after he find Albel in Fayt's room. Also, the part where they're talking about Fayt losing weight. They never got back to see if he gained weight with Albel around. I was left wondering what happened? There are a few other places where this may have also strengthened the story.

All in all, I'd say 8.5/10 for a short story. Quite well written, and I'm impressed that you could do this well grammatically without a beta. O: I'd offer to beta for you on any other story, if you'd take me. (I'm just getting into actually writing my own stories, so I haven't really written anything very long yet. Hopefully this will change soon... -.-" ). Private message me if you deem me worthy. *bows*

Otherwise, I've favorited this story, and will look forward to the sequel. :D Good luck, and keep up the good work!
Pawky chapter 4 . 2/20/2008
ZOMG.

D':

that's so sad! I kinda thought both of them were going to die, truthfully.

(Is it weird commenting on old stories?)
Selphiebunny chapter 5 . 12/31/2007
oh man, this was amazing. i'm sad it's over. you don't find stories like this much. interesting and adorable, but dark and dramatic.

albel is just a messy confusion. i don't see why he couldn't have just been happy with fayt. power hungry jerk.

and the ending left me empty. i love that. it was beautifully done.
Midnight Crisis chapter 1 . 12/9/2007
For the moment, this is one of the best Star Ocean stories I've read. I really like it.
Rio 2.0 chapter 5 . 10/26/2007
That was uhh...

I want to say amazing, but that doesn't encompass how truly awesome this was. One of the best hands down. You win.

... Dear god I'm going to fail my midterm this evening due to my high level of distractivity, but knowing that it was this I read instead... well, I am not... worried. Or stressed about it actually.

Excellent.

BV
Corinth Mugwort chapter 5 . 9/28/2007
The ending made me cry... but it was an amazing story. I couldn't stop reading it!
Alzemu chapter 4 . 9/1/2007
On the side note, I actually like the way Albel speaks. Medevil style did you say? I'm in love with his speeches. lol
Alzemu chapter 3 . 8/31/2007
I just noticed that Maria has no life in this fic. She just orbitz around with the Diplo. ROFL. And she's also like a dog that comes whenever she's called. She has nothing going on her life. And what is she doing with Sophia in her ship? I can't understand how she can stand her lol.
Alzemu chapter 2 . 8/31/2007
Sophia's voice should burn in hell...

Just some randomn thought cause I really didn't know what to say about this fic except the urge to go on reading! lol
Alzemu chapter 1 . 8/31/2007
Rofl, this is the first time I read a fic that mentions fury and mp! lol

Oh, and palm of destruction uses Albel's hp not his mp lol.

pawned the communicator! rofl! Wait, how do they communicate if the communicator was pawned? Fayt doesn't know Elicoorian and I doubt Albel knows...whatever language Fayt uses.

"Eve

n in the" Minor type error. You 'entered' at the wrong place.

Maria's a little out of character. It seems more or less like Peppita who would say that. Though I doubt Peppita would challenge "The scary one"

I don't mind the term mp and hp and whatever game phrases. I actually think it's funny and goes well with the game. Especially after Albel-Fayt pair ending. lol

Most of the characters are alright apart from Fayt as you said yourself. I don't think he is likely to get much problem like eating disorder. Though I agree he would try his best not to use the gene power on Albel.

This is like a sequel to the Albel-Fayt pair ending, and I LOVE it!_
MyraHellsing chapter 4 . 8/14/2007
aw.. angst ending.. poor Fayt, left all alone.. and no that wasn't said in a sarcastic manner... i actually cried when i read to that part... _

the wishful-thinking part of me was hoping that albel would pop outta the ground and make fun of fayt, making fayt angry and proceed to * like bunnies in heat X3 .. pervy mind BAD! _

-cough- ne ways

good job with the plot.. though the way that it was skipping around from event to event was a little bit hard to follow

liked the ending.. though it was sad.. which is why it's categorized as angst so.. GOOD JOB! XD

looking forward to the sequal X3
Slender Wings chapter 5 . 7/20/2007
A sequel!

*cheers*

I loyally await it!
PrinceOfLight chapter 5 . 7/16/2007
OMG!That was such a great story..I'd hate to admit it..but it made me cry...lol..It was so sad and beautiful..I loved it...I'm gonna go cry somemore..but..yeah..such a great story...I can't wait for the sequel..

p. there already is a sequel can you tell me where it is and everything?lol..

I love you!lol..