Reviews for Domino's Boss
blackberet chapter 8 . 7/23/2008
I can't believe I missed this story-and after all the conversations I've been having lately with friends about the unusual lack of slash in GF fandom. XD I like that you were able to make me buy it, and you have some really interesting conceptions of the characters. Nicely done!
ThatGuyWhatReviewsThings chapter 8 . 4/1/2008
Something this decent has been up here for over a year, and garnered no more than three reviews, when some random slash-fic in the Kingdom Hearts section will attract three dozen reviews in a single weekend?

Scandalous.

This story is actually on the higher side of not bad. Like the other reviewer, I was somewhat skeptical initially, thinking it would devolve into some sort of horrific slash, but I'm pleasantly surprised. The only problem I really have with it is that it's a bit too... detached for me, personally speaking. I like the nitty-gritty, I like delving into the details from the ground level, from the characters' immediate perspective. The bird's eye approach you've taken, along with the brevity of each chapter, makes it all seem somewhat abbreviated. Of course, a lot of that's just a personal thing on my part, but I would suggest you really try to reach for a bit more length.

On another note, I would suggest better proofreading your work, or perhaps grabbing yourself a beta. There were some somewhat glaring and sometimes inexplicable grammatical errors littered around in there.
Ouelis chapter 6 . 9/17/2007
I must say that I am throughly impressed. I can't say with complete honesty that I like the way you portray Hector and Dom as they hold such special places in my heart due to the rich personalities they both have already but in this story you somehow move beyond that and they cease to be what the once was. Instead of building on a already well-developed character, you took his most basic traits and created something entirely new but still so familiar. This rounded with the excellent writing really makes this an really enjoyable read.

A truly exceptional work. Bravo!
VampireNaomi chapter 4 . 2/8/2007
I'm completely in love with this story. It seems like every line hides some witty meaning or clever play with words and ideas, and I keep wondering if you'll ever run out of cool ways of expressing things. The way you portray Domino and Hector is brilliant; you bring new sides to both of them and still remain true to how they were in the game. This is almost philosophical.

The only thing that felt a little off to me was the age when Domino died. Twenty-three seems a little young for him, but that's just a minor thing.
VampireNaomi chapter 2 . 1/26/2007
This is amazing. I was a little sceptical when I saw the summary because I thought this would be a full slash story, but now that I'm finished I can just stare. You wrote this SO WELL and you also brought some new aspects into Hector. Brilliant work.