Reviews for Mad World
Foodwise chapter 59 . 2/20/2011
I got to hand it to you, I'm seriously impressed. I'm not easily impressed, I'm often amused, entertained, sometimes repelled, rarely intrigued by what I read on here, but this was impressive. It's an utterly unique approach to a storyline that's been used a lot, detailed, evolved naturally and comprehensibly, characterwise it's frighteningly accurate for my understanding and though it is dark and angsty, the lasting impression is so positive... Knowing what I do about certain kinds of disorders, it affected me even more.

Thank you for sharing this. I'm glad I found it.
ScOut4It chapter 17 . 3/3/2010
Just a bit thrown by the mention of the insurance policy after Melinda having tried so hard for a full ride scholarship
ScOut4It chapter 15 . 3/3/2010
I have to say that Jenny and Melinda have a much better grasp at talking through emotions and knowing themselves as a teenager than I do as a non-teenager, it's making me feel a little insecure :) This could be the late hour and tone of the story rubbing off on me though.
ScOut4It chapter 12 . 3/3/2010
Wow, this story isn't what I expected, and I've never watched a single episode of CSI, but I really like the complexity that you're writing about: intense.
ohtheconspiracy chapter 59 . 10/8/2009
I just spent the last three days reading through this entire story, and I have to say it was amazing! Your characters are so detailed and realistic, and it's so easy to get hooked to this story.

The only reason I think that you don't have at least 500 reviews on this story is because it is focused solely on an original character as opposed to one from the show, but to be honest I loved that about this story. I love OCs.

This was wonderful (:
LilGreenImp chapter 59 . 7/26/2009
Wow... I just read this rollercoaster of a story and... well to be honest the only reason I haven't immediately run off in search of that sequel you mention is that I'm still pretty overwhelmed by this one. I love and am astounded by your writing. The slow pace at which the story was unfolded was wonderful, uncovering all the complex relationships and smashing them to pieces before rebuilding them all. For a CSI fic, this manages to feel complete without more than a few throw away comments about that job. I love melinda how she mirrors and contrasts sara, that everything we see is so intensely from her perspective, so wrapped up in her mind that it's hard to decipher whats happening at points, but that only draws the reader further into this amazing web you've woven.

I should possibly attempt to write some sort of meaningful explanation of what made this so engrossing but, as I think I mentioned... I'm still slighly stumpped after having read that. I adore so much about it, your style and form of writing to the depth of the voice you give to the victims. Thank you for sharing this with us.
TVCrazed chapter 59 . 3/5/2009
I LOVED THIS STORY. IT IS DEFINITELY GOING IN MY FAVS. The writing was AMAZING. Every character had a role they played to perfection and every character had their own voice even tho the story is told by Mel. I connected with Mel and I loved the evolution of her and of Sara. THIS WAS AWESOME.
Rain Addict CM chapter 59 . 4/20/2008
damn that was an amazing story! i read the summary and i wasn't sure if i wanted to read it but after the first chapter i was hooked! im so glad i gave it a chance, it was well written and just a really great story! sorry i havent reviewed on the story, didnt know what to say, but on the sequel i will definitely make sure to review!

~Smells like Rain...
harassedbytheFBI chapter 59 . 3/17/2008
wow. oh my god. that story was perfectly amazing. i never went to the extremes that Melinda did, but damn that was accurate. it was so crazy to see the progression of her mental state, especially since i have felt that way. thankyou for writing this. it makes me feel less crazy. im so glad i found this story. you are an amazing writer. if this isnt from personal experience, then MAN do you understand the mind! really. awesome.
AbsorbingMisery chapter 59 . 1/4/2008
Holy hell this story was so intense. And hit close to home in a lot of areas as well.

I for one would definitely love to see a sequal happen. and if there already happens to be one, point the way, i'm still fairly new to this site.

Keep up the great work!

Nickole
Kayla chapter 28 . 12/5/2007
That was great. I cried thru most of it. It reminds me of my marriage, different but the same. Mostly it makes me understand maybe a little better what my daughter went thru. Different but the same, no physical abuse, but emotional, from her dad. It's taken me 10 years to almost forgive myself for letting that happen.
Kayla chapter 19 . 12/4/2007
Wow. I've loved every chapter so far, but this one was brilliant.
Spikesagitta chapter 59 . 9/30/2007
sequel? i would definately read it
Spikesagitta chapter 57 . 9/30/2007
give him a kick in the nut, that would work wonder
Spikesagitta chapter 49 . 9/30/2007
well, this story certainly has it's up and down, one min it's all depressing and the next it's all happy. not that im complaining, i just need tp get used to it first