Reviews for The Rambling Man
karishea chapter 1 . 2/1/2009
poor guy
Windyfontaine chapter 1 . 2/16/2007
Oh, that was good. I could hear Dean loud and clear there. Er, sorry the review is belated, just catching up, but very well done. Thanks for sharing it :)
Sammie chapter 1 . 1/23/2007
Poor Dean! Some one needs to go give him a hug.
Lilly B chapter 1 . 1/23/2007
nice 'missing scene'...you wrote it well. it's always an interesting feat getting into dean's head...hehe! great job!
KatieLB chapter 1 . 1/22/2007
oh those boys... could they have more on their plates... i just about cried when sam asked dean to do that... gasp... great little missing scene...great job
Ghostwriter chapter 1 . 1/22/2007
Great job. Catch ya on the flip side.
SophieSaulie chapter 1 . 1/22/2007
Great story. I can so imagine Dean thinking this and having this "conversation" in his head to himself.I can also see him blaming himself or finding a reason to blame himself. It's so Dean.

My favorite parts:

But God help me, I love them both… but they are so stupid. They both think I am so much stronger than I am.

If I do this thing? If I kill Sammy? Then what?

That is the scariest thing of all –

Then what?

I will do whatever I can to protect my brother. I don’t know how to do anything less, and I will save him, even if that might mean I have to save him from himself.

I will keep my promise to my brother.

If he becomes anything other than what he is, I will kill him. Or rather, I will kill that part of him that has changed. But so help me God I will not kill him…

Excellent story! Thanks for sharing it!
MollybyGolly chapter 1 . 1/22/2007
:( Very good and very sad...
Nana56 chapter 1 . 1/21/2007
Very well done! Very Dean. Good job!
SensiblyTainted chapter 1 . 1/21/2007
Excellent... I think it's crap that Dean is given all this to carry. First with his heart, and now his Dad. Then for his Dad to tell him to kill the one thing he has been trained from FOUR YEARS OLD to protect... That's just bullshit. Dean would NEVER kill his brother on purpose. It's just not possible. And if hell came to earth and he was forced to do that very thing, he'd never live afterward...
Sunrize chapter 1 . 1/21/2007
Poor Dean. Thanks for giving us this peek into his head. I think you've done well with trying to imagine just what he might have been thinking after Sam passed out on the bed.

I've heard criticism of Sam for asking Dean to make this promise, but honestly, I can't see what else he could have done. That doesn't make it any better for Dean, though. Both boys are in a very dark place right now.

Great job on this!
Alachai chapter 1 . 1/21/2007
That was one powerful insight; very much Dean. The 'then what’s' were exactly how I'd be thinking too. And I liked how Dean mused on himself as the monster. All episodes this season have been powerful, yet truly devastating to the boys.

-Andrea
rozzy07 chapter 1 . 1/21/2007
Great insight into the awful situation Dean has been placed in. His father's dying words have royally screwed up both brothers and the fallout is still ongoing, devastating to both boys. Having a look inside Dean's head as he ponders the responsibility both his father and brother have placed on his shoulders was wonderfully done here. Great one off, that adds even more depth to this powerful episode. Loved it! Rozzy.
GuestTypePerson chapter 1 . 1/21/2007
aww. poor dean. dude that part of the episode was messed up. and all i wanted to do was hug dean.

i like how you had it so dean was thinking he would kill a Part of Sam and not sam himself. interesting twist.
EFW chapter 1 . 1/20/2007
"Who am I if am no longer a son or a brother?"

Loved that line.

Poor tormented Dean. You captured the emotions really well. I really thought he should be mad at both John and Sam at this point too,

Thanks for sharing.