Reviews for Maestro
Clashing Harmony chapter 1 . 4/30/2009
This was so totally beautiful! Loved it. The ending was genius and characterizations were perfect! So short, yet so sweet and true. Thanks for submitting this. Going immediately to the faves!
Kuma-cchi chapter 1 . 2/17/2008
Oh Oh I adore that last line there, it says so much, very deep.

Very cute, very Tamaki-ish little fic :D Love it.
Sambucivox chapter 1 . 7/16/2007
This story reminds me of the piano duet at Corpse Bride. Similar music, never-ended partiture.
Adi88 chapter 1 . 1/23/2007
…There’s a difference between friendship and love?

Probably not the thing to say on the net, where everyone is already under stalker-suspicion. I take it back. Sn. Sn. Sn.

On to actual story…

“Kyouya would be alone and all of Tamaki’s Progress would be lost.”

- Oh my god and I’m irrevocably lost, if it’s possible to be more of that. That’s just so… Lee. You know? [And that wasn’t an intentional Sora reference. But it works out nicely, ne?]

“Maybe Kyouya was contagious.”

- In more ways than one, my friend. In more ways than one.

“What’s wrong?”

- Oh yeah. He’s just taking his notes. Not paying apt attention.

Uh… looking back at my review so far, I know I’m being all innuendo-ish, but I don’t mean to emphasize that interpretation of things; I was just having fun. I’ll yammer on more about friends vs. love at the end.

Kyouya. So very Kyouya. Why not play? Why not compose? Any achievement, isn’t it… Be a little more perfect… He’s kind of like Machi in that way, come to think of it. A lot like Machi, even. Ooh. I’m gonna have fun with this. But - I so love this. Just little deflectory, rhetorical questions and they spiral you into his entire overachiever complex.

“You would be good at that, too, Kyouya.”

- Oh my god, I was giggling like a complete vapid schoolgirl throughout the entire flattery-will-get-you-everywhere exchange… and at the same time, again, it serves as a completely understated reminder of just how susceptible to the chance of approval [albeit only from certain worthy individuals] Kyouya is. And the deprivation of said approval that’s given hi said weak spot. Which is all very powerful, but so easy to turn into a cliché, as I’ve just done. Which is why we have you. *hug*

The Looks.

The moment I lost all resistance to this show on the grounds of its relative vapidity was the moment that Tamaki did Puppy Eyes and Kyouya just caved. Whump. No commentary, no hullabaloo. It was more a plot convenience than anything else. There was no slashiness. But it was so very eloquent a moment.

Now what reminded me of that… and then outdid it completely… oh yeah.

Plus, all capital letters now get Lee-goodness attached.

“It was a technically difficult piece, but he found it surprisingly easy to master the weird timing and continue the disjointed rhythm.”

- And, you know, all the other descriptions of the whole, and the two separate bits. God you are so freaking eloquent there should be a law. Honestly, you don’t even need the “very closely resembled” sentence. You make it so exquisitely, beautifully plain. Argh. This is becoming a problem. I really, really need to physically hug you.

Ahh, then we have the entire ensuing conversation. “You’re playing it wrong.” Lord Vetinari, baby! Ack, this is just all too lovely.

“ ‘That is how you work. You think that everything can be written, and never changed again after. But I make you live.’ He smiled the mature smile. ‘That is what I am good at, Kyouya.’ ”

- There we have it, really. Their entire relationship. Curse you.

And… they love each other. You know? That’s what friendship is, right? It’s love. Bodily fluids just complicate the relationship, and in the end, they only mean what we let them mean. They don’t have to matter. These two could be screwing like bunnies in this fic, or Tamaki could be carrying the ring for proposing to Haruhi and Kyouya could be contemplating just how much money he’s about to make his dad by asking Renge on a date. It doesn’t matter. They’re FRIENDS.

You, however, are a goddess. An Olympiad. One of the big seven or whatever. The Aesir. The Main Pantheon of Religion X. And also in possession of a Muse.

Corrections:

“After all,[]they were in a music room.” - missing space

“How it sounds iT up to the person playing.” - T instead of S
OO chapter 1 . 1/21/2007
Omg.

This is really good. I'm impressed.

Keep this up! _ b
Florinoir chapter 1 . 1/21/2007
Loved it!(okay, I'm an huge Kyouya/Tamaki fan so I may had squealed "Kyah They're so in luuv!"... But i's just because I'm a yaoi fan girl... However, I love these two together, in friendship or in love so... god, really good job I think!)

Good continuation!
Sake Bottle Swing chapter 1 . 1/20/2007
was there any particular song that you were thinking of when you wrote this? because i would like to hear it if you were.

ah, this story brought me temporary respite from midterm studying. now if you'll excuse me, i must calculate the sin of 3pi divided by 20...
Rochelle the Echidna chapter 1 . 1/20/2007
I really enjoyed this! It's nice to see that at least a few people other than myself haven't lately forgotten about these two's relationship... Great job! _
TheHamsterInMyMind chapter 1 . 1/20/2007
Aww... I'm not a Kyouya/Tamaki shipper pairing wise, but I absolutely adore their friendship, so I love you right now for this wonderful fic, because you have captured their friendship so perfectly. : )
Amy chapter 1 . 1/20/2007
aww, that's so cute.

It's rough, but it has a lot of potential. It's sort of like the core, the center of the story, is better developed than the embellishing. Overall, it's good!