Reviews for Stranded
Sierra Nichole chapter 9 . 5/19
An ominous beginning to this chapter! I really enjoy Daniel, because he isn't a one-dimensional villain, I can see where he's coming from, even though I wish he wasn't going through with it for Caleb's sake. I just hope Mac can protect him.

Caleb patting Mac's chest and telling him not to worry was cute enough, but then Mac pulling him into a hug made it even better!

And Mac already can't imagine living in a world without Caleb. I'm not a parent, but I'm sure that the bond between a parent and their child is instant, and it seems Mac has discovered this in a surprising way. Even though they don't share blood, Caleb is most certainly Mac's son.

What a terrifying scene with Caleb awakening to Daniel's exorcism! Still, I like that we see Daniel's hesitation. And I'm so glad Mac showed up in time! "What took you so long?" Perfect Caleb line.

And I loved getting to see the Winchesters show up, it was a perfect end to a fantastic read. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this! Definitely something I'll come back and enjoy again someday :)
Sierra Nichole chapter 8 . 5/19
More Mac and Caleb interaction... I have to say, not that you were doing anything wrong in the earlier chaptes, but you're getting these characters better and better as you move deeper into this story. It can be difficult to read stories by multiple authors, never knowing what kind of style they'll have, but I could easily believe this was written by Ridley...

I hope that comes off as a compliment, because it's meant to be! I'm only trying to say that I think you stayed true to the characters she created :)

Bobby talking to the "banshee" at the hospital was a welcomed, light-hearted moment.
I wonder if Daniel may have some psychological issues of his own?

(I'd blush if a guy that looked like Mac smiled at me too...)

Oh! Mac bought "The Three Musketeers" :) And that scene with him reading to Caleb, and Caleb actually turning to watch him, was so good. I love these two so much.

Then you ripped my heart out when that Deuce card fell out of the book... but Mac needed to get the chance to see that Caleb, the little boy who lost so much. Still, ouch.
Sierra Nichole chapter 7 . 5/19
So interesting to see Daniel and Bobby make appearances... especially Daniel. I knew he had a history with Caleb, but to get the chance to find out more is great, because he seems like such an interesting character. A good man, driven to do terrible things because of the life he's led. At least, that's what I'm getting so far.

I just can't stress enough how much I'm enjoying getting to see Mac become a father:

"Mac had an overwhelming protectiveness flow through him like he had never felt."

What a great line!

And this... "But the look Ames was giving him made his heart ache. It reminded him of the times he would catch his father watching him as he played. It was a look Reaves missed daily."

Have I mentioned lately how bad I feel for Caleb?

Interesting that Caleb seems to feel an automatic connection to Mac, as well. And already Mac has (unintentionally) gotten a smile out of Caleb, which is no small feat at this point, even if it did come because Caleb thinks Mac is senile!

Glad that Caleb is finally getting a reason to hope. This was my favorite chapter yet!
Sierra Nichole chapter 6 . 5/19
I don't know anyone who doesn't have at least a tiny fear of being locked in psych ward, I find the idea terrifying, and can only imagine how it would feel to be a young boy, already so traumatized.

I really love seeing Mac connect so strongly with Caleb, stand up for him, even though he doesn't understand why yet. And you got his character just right, him pulling rank in the hospital and using the Ames name to get what he needs to do done. Great work.
Sierra Nichole chapter 5 . 5/18
Even though I knew it was coming, it was still a bit of a surprise when Sgt. Tooney got the phone call about the Johnsons' deaths. I know I'm a bit of a broken record at this point, but just... poor Caleb. The kid has been through so much already, and there doesn't seem to be any hope for him. I can see why he felt the only option was suicide.

On a much lighter note, Jim talking about 2 dollar hookers made me smile.

Can't wait to see Mac and Caleb finally meet!
Sierra Nichole chapter 4 . 5/18
I like Abe. It's sad that it seems like there are people trying to help Caleb, but so far out of their league they can't.

Loved that Mac is already starting to feel a connection to Caleb!

Also, this line: "Good Lord, that's awful." Made me chuckle for some reason. I love Jim :)
Sierra Nichole chapter 3 . 5/18
I really feel Caleb's desperation here, not just of a teenager who doesn't want to be in a foster home, but one who is also trying to avoid what he saw in his vision. Still, I feel sorry for Martha, who is trying her best to help but has no idea how.

Mac! So happy to see him make his appearance :)
Sierra Nichole chapter 2 . 5/18
Another great chapter, giving more layers to Caleb, more explanation. I feel so bad for him. The vision sequence was disturbing as a reader, let alone as a frightened pre-teen boy, and even though Mr. and Mrs. Johnson are OCs, I find myself feeling sorry for them too. They seem like good people, who really want to help, and I'm afraid it's not going to end well for them.

Love the last piece, with Missouri urging Jim to act. I hope Caleb gets help soon!
Sierra Nichole chapter 1 . 5/18
I have been so looking forward to reading this, but I was already in the middle of one of Ridley's stories when I first discovered it, so I pushed it aside for later. Excited to get the chance now :)

Mac and Caleb might be my favorite characters from the Brotherhood AU... which is surprising to me, because I have never enjoyed reading about AUs. I've always been a Dean!Girl with a big soft spot for John, never expected to care so much about a character who was never on the show, and one who we barely heard mentioned. But they are just so amazing, and their relationship is fascinating to me. I'm so glad you decided to give us the chance to see how it all began!

(I snickered a bit too, at the "Opie" reference, since for as a long as I can remember, the one cop in my hometown has been stuck with the nickname "Opie")

My heart breaks for little Caleb, so sad and angry, and confused. Looking forward to him getting to meet Mac!
AnastaziaDanielle chapter 9 . 3/2
Thanks so much for sharing! I enjoyed reading Caleb's story.
Alyssa Halliwell chapter 9 . 6/14/2013
Loved this, Nice to see the tale in full of how Caleb and Mac met
Saffygirl chapter 9 . 8/21/2009
Awesome story!
Valtira chapter 9 . 1/29/2009
Saw Ridley's blurbie about this story so here I am. I am a big Caleb fan and was happy to see some background on him. Great storyline, good characters, I'm a sucker for a happy ending. Did I mention I liked it. Thanks for a great read!
FamousImmortal chapter 9 . 1/3/2009
LOVED the ending!
FamousImmortal chapter 8 . 1/3/2009
‘Mackland, my boy, this book isn’t about a boy seeking to protect a king, it’s about a boy finding a home among men who teach him honor and duty. The one thing all boys strive for in life.’

loved this line