Reviews for Swan Song
Basser chapter 1 . 1/29/2007
Oh god. Sad one, I must day. Sort of a bemused giggle-sob inducing thing. (Not sure where the giggle comes in; I must be morbid or something.) Excellent portrayal of House suicide. We all know he has all the reason to do so, but you've really hit the nail on the head of exactly where he would have the final push that would have ended the poor show. Good thing Tritter and his deal were around with one more way out. (Never thought I'd say that one.) Or, at least, that canon-House is too damned stubborn, intelligent, scared, or whatever, to actually do it.

Don't suppose you'd consider writing a snapshot of the funeral? (Would that be too much angst for one story, though...? Hm. Probably. xD)

Cheers to rambling reviews and reading oneshots after huge multi-chapters. Probably be perusing your author page for a good few weeks in periods of intermittent boredom. ;)

~basser
EsScaper chapter 1 . 1/25/2007
Very nice...very, very nice. You did a beautiful job here expressing House's emotions. You actually made me believe he'd go through with it. "For the first time ever, it doesn’t hurt to be House." That sums it all up so beautifully.

Esc.
kismetindy chapter 1 . 1/22/2007
Beyond sad. I'm at a loss for words.
love and music are forever chapter 1 . 1/21/2007
Oh my gosh. I'm crying... sobbing! That was just beautiful and so sad and aw. I can't believe it. It was just amazing and touching. I'll stop my adjective ranting and go get myself a tissue. You're fantastic.
fluffy2001 chapter 1 . 1/21/2007
Beautifully done. I have read several House suicide fics and this ranks among the best. I wouldn't mind though seeing another chapter that shows a devastated Wilson trying to go on. If not, what you have here is fantastic.
Betz88 chapter 1 . 1/21/2007
Told ya, dammit!

Me;)
imfreakinorange chapter 1 . 1/21/2007
OH MY GOD! that was amazing! so clear! i have tears in my eyes! that was... OMG!
HouseAddict16 chapter 1 . 1/21/2007
Amazing. I almost cried. Could feel the tears in my eyes. Very well done, as always.
phoenixmagic1 chapter 1 . 1/21/2007
wonderful job! It's great to have you back! I wrote something similar to this on can you read it and tell me what you think. Sorry if it seems like I stole your idea. I was inspired :) Great job again :)

God and peace

Vanessa :)
Dr. Fantabulous chapter 1 . 1/21/2007
She writes! I was so excited to see this!

Anyway...that was amazing. So sad, I do hope House doesn't crack like that, but that was still so well written. "For the first time ever, it doesn't hurt to be House." - Great line. Awesome story!

P.S. Will there be another between-seasons epic this summer? :)
labyrinth38 chapter 1 . 1/21/2007
Fantastic! As always... :) I was so surprised about Wilson's reaction to the event in MLC, and even more surprised that House's action never had any direct consequences. So, I think your scenario is very fitting...! Thanks a lot for sharing! And please... Keep writing - you're absolutely brilliant! :)
Angelfirenze chapter 1 . 1/21/2007
*stares* *takes deep breath* Um. I think I have an OT3 that would be right up your alley, regarding this. I really, really wanted you to read it because...well, THIS IS WHY! It's posted at my journal, of course, but if you log on, I can send you the original text file. It's also crossposted in housefics and pathologies. If you need me to send you a link or anything, let me know.

But back to the point before I forget to make it: PERFECT. Devastating and exactly the point Wilson SHOULD have gotten the first time. And Cuddy. I hope the first scene of 'Traipse' extudes what WE wanted them to know and understand as well as I'd hope. I hope it got it right.
Ataea chapter 1 . 1/21/2007
Darling!

Glad to read that you're still alive :) How are you? How are things going? How are you feeling these days?

As usual, a wonderful and touching fic, both realistic and so, so painful to read...Thank you!
Knightgirl4Jack chapter 1 . 1/21/2007
Just speechless.
Fyrerayne chapter 1 . 1/21/2007
Wow. Depressing. Well we can't all have happy endings can we? This was brilliant. Great fic. Good luck!

-ANimal