Reviews for Sunrise
Long Live BRUCAS chapter 1 . 10/24/2011
Aw

so sweet of Logan to remember and think of Max.
BerryEbilBunny chapter 1 . 5/17/2011
How sweet and mellow and so right. It's very Max and Logan is all the words needed to describe this story.
Babyangel86 chapter 1 . 7/11/2007
definitely the begining...

... continue?
Outsane chapter 1 . 3/28/2007
Aw, that was adorable! Love it!
WinifredONiel chapter 1 . 2/22/2007
Sweet, gentle, quiet and ... perfect. You really have a gift for these hidden scenes in the characters lives. I'm not usually into the romance stories, but your work just makes my heart sing ... and it's carrying an umbrella, skipping down the street in the rain ...
0101010 chapter 1 . 2/9/2007
Beautiful story. Wonderfully written, as always.
BlueAngel137 chapter 1 . 1/23/2007
Indeed ... a moment that changes something ... oh, and it's such a beautiful moment! I love the picture you draw here, especially that such a "simple" thing like a sweater has such a great impact on the M/L relationship.

Yep ... definitely can use my newly learned phrase here: this story impressed the socks off me. ;)

Thanks, Shy.
Liana Rose chapter 1 . 1/22/2007
I enjoyed that a lot. It was well written and to the point and very sweet. I could see that happening. Very, very good.
angelstryst chapter 1 . 1/22/2007
Perfect set up for the way that you see them struggle to accept each other and seek each others approval and closeness.

Very beautifully written.

Logan watched as Max glanced down at the sweater now, too, her motions seeming to slow a bit in her own appreciation. A soft smile growing, she lifted her right arm to stroke the soft, rich yarns of the sweater on her left. “It is soft, though ... I’ve never had anything so...” She’d glanced up at that, as if caught, and finding him watching her closely, actually colored self-consciously. “Impractical,” she finished. “The yarn would catch on everything. All sorts of fibers to trace if a girl tried using it for B & E...”

So very Max to play it off, but have that moment of wanting it to be real.

A gift was one thing ... but something so personal as clothing ... what was he thinking? He could never give this to Max; they weren’t like that. What would she think of him – hopeless? Pathetic?

Love Logan's indecision. You can just imagine the gears turning and the yes/no battle going on here!

Great story shy!
Maria656 chapter 1 . 1/22/2007
very sweet - feel free to write more!
Mari83 chapter 1 . 1/22/2007
What a sweet moment!

I love the idea of changing a thing, that pullover, from something which for others only would an everyday item or a sign of status into something Max never had in more than a material way.

"But once she’d been recruited for Eyes Only’s projects, she found herself waiting from call to call to see what adventure he might have for her. All the fun of escape and evade, with an Eyes Only officer’s commission and the Logan Cale seal of approval."

Challenging her abilities… Guess it would make up for the additional danger.

“Hey,” he’d managed. “New sweater? Nice.” Nice? ‘Understatement of the decade, Cale’ he’d berated himself.

Somehow made me smile, how he’s distracted by Max enough to comment on her clothes when she catches him unawares. (A bit like Logan’s smile at Max’s dress in Art Attack)

"And how had he gone from talking himself out of it, as he had in the days after he’d bought it, to asking her to make a special trip just so he could give it to her?"

And he’s lost:-)

“She would be casual too, even as she felt a small disappointment in herself that his reaction still wasn’t entirely something she could create on her own.”

All the references on them seeing and watching the other in here are great, it’s so characteristic for this early, tentative, insecure stage of their relationship, the insecure hope that the other might see them differently but not being sure yet.

"Her eyebrows went high. “‘How’s it going?’” she repeated. “You could have asked me that on the phone.”

Made me laugh, such a Max-like attitude (and I guess ‘maxish’ doesn’t work as well as an adjective as ‘loganish’:-)

“Her eyes grew large, and involuntarily she glanced up again, a question there, a heartbreaking, vulnerable look, making him wonder what in the world would have happened to her, that a gift would give her reason to mistrust...”

Second favourite part, I think, with this:

“it’s too pretty for ... out there. It fits better up here, where it’s ... nice.” He would have given his fortune to know her thoughts at that moment, what darkness he let her escape, up there in his fortress. “At least for the first time.”

being my favourite, maybe, because with the sweater staying at Logan’s, after the shared moment they now have this shared secret, bringing them closer…
RT4ever chapter 1 . 1/21/2007
I wish you saw me reading this story this morning. Woke up from a short, restless and nowhere near done sleep and of course compulsively check my mail.

What followed was like a little kid at bedtime. The story was so good and I didn’t want to wait. My eyes would start to close as I was nearly clutching my laptop, then they’d fly back open and I’d have to return to the story several lines up…

Yet I persevered, fueled by the warm hearted and hesitant story and I was of course not disappointed (as if I ever am).

I really liked the story with its simplicity and genuine (albeit reluctant and wary) emotions. I like the fact that even though this never happened in the show it can totally work into the storyline and explain the building awareness of their feelings for each other. Not an ‘everyday’ event in their relationship, but a moment…It could be explained away without the emotions and knowing them they would both try to, yet it wouldn’t diminish its ‘moment’ status.

And of course I’m probably making no sense since many hours later I’m still only at around 6 hours of sleep for the whole weekend. The point is it was excellent and I like it as a one shot. Sometimes things just don’t need more than just that moment in time in all of its complex and yet simple glory (though you know if you wanted to…Well let’s just say you wouldn’t have to twist my arm to read more). Nice work!
lisa316 chapter 1 . 1/21/2007
So sweet! You've outdone yourself yet again. This is my favorite type of story. It fits so neatly between episodes and tells you so much more about the lives of our characters.

I love the way he pretended not to watch her open the box. You did a great job of capturing that feeling of being newly in love when everything is fresh and exciting and scarry all at the same time.

But I can't figure out which store you were talking about with a pale silver bag! That will haunt me all night...
Insane Troll Logic chapter 1 . 1/21/2007
Oh, so very very sweet. Such a nice story about the significance of a small moment. )
orca589 chapter 1 . 1/21/2007
Nice. Enjoyed the seeing what the other sees.