Reviews for Here Today
nice fic!

loved it.

thanks for the read. :D
Agatsuma Ritsuka chapter 1 . 9/8/2009
Poor Aerith... glad to know I'm not the only one who doubts the flowers saving lives theory...
bioshiva07 chapter 1 . 5/5/2008
This was beautifully written. Zack was Aerith's first love, not even Cloud can replace the special place zack has in her heart. I loved how you used the falling boy from the sky again for this piece. Great oneshot, I hope to read longer story ones from you cause you're writing is that good!
BlueFoxofWater1569 chapter 1 . 4/21/2008
Oh...that made my heart ache for Aerith. Fate never is that kind, is it? Hrm...

I love it, so great job.
Neophyte Ronin chapter 1 . 9/16/2007
You got in the running for a nomination at Genesis Awards. Follow the link in my author bio for details.

Grammar/Punctuation/Spelling: No problems.

Style: Being relatively introspective and without other parties, expressed through a classic third-person with past tense... the sense of action isn't truly there. There isn't a lot to begin with.

Structure/Pace/Flow: On several occasions, there are awkward phrases and paragraphs. Nothing utterly disgusting, though.

Plot: The conflict of healing a dying man and the disappointment that it's someone else... it's neither uplifting or terribly compelling.

Characterization: I know Aerith missed Zack but in the heat of treating someone with the injuries thus described, you probably overshot her sheer ability of being callous. The disappointment came in later, when she politely asked if he knew Zack. While healing Cloud, she would probably concentrate more or less on her patient, and keep her cool. Therefore, I'm not terribly sure if you got her character right. Of course you got the severely injured man down pat: on the ground, bleeding. Anything he says isn't going to be much.

Canon Consistency: There are plenty of instances where Aerith recites her slum life, living with her mother Elmyra, to assues you: you did plenty of good homework about the game. The scene of healing a battered Cloud is definitely plausible.

Originality: I don't think anyone else wrote about Aerith's thoughts when Cloud first appeared in her life. Trust me, it isn't an easy venture. It's one of the truly commendable aspects of this story.

You got in the running, but does this fit? As a Short-Fic, yes, it fits into the "Best Short Fic" category.

Overall, you did okay. This has a few issues, but none of them glaring. Hopefully you will improve and receive a picking for a story that will truly woo the judges over. Good luck!
IVIaedhros chapter 1 . 5/22/2007
Your abilities of description and narration of extremely personal feelings as displayed in this and other one-shots such as Midnight Herald are really top notch, especially considering how young you are. I look forward to reading more from you, especially given given your work in KoH and FVII.
Mako-Magic chapter 1 . 5/9/2007
i never thought about aeris recognising cloud's sword and outfit right from the start! wonder why she never said anything?

mako
Sienna03 chapter 1 . 3/1/2007
Beautiful. Consider yourself now fang-girled. *also adds to favs*
Azerane chapter 1 . 2/4/2007
Very nicely written ) As usual, I have no grasp of the fandom whatsoever, but still. It's a well written piece that I can really appreciate. You had me hoping that the body was Zack as well :P Great work )
Midgar chapter 1 . 1/26/2007
How sad.
Galaxia Alpha chapter 1 . 1/26/2007
That's some good quality writing. I really love the concept and the very believable look into Aerinth's mind. I think it makes a lot of sense that the first thing she would think of upon seeing Cloud would be Zack. It explains the way she acts towards him when they first meet. Thanks for the good read!
Obsidian chapter 1 . 1/24/2007
I was going to just pass over this fic (I generally dislike these sorts of "first meeting between potential romantic couple" stories), but for some unknown reason I read it anyway. And I was going to just hit the "back" button and read some more fics (I generally dislike writing reviews, even for exceptional pieces of writing), but then I saw the number of reviews for this story. And a piece this marvelous deserves more than a paltry THREE reviews.

I love this. Absolutely love it. Your style lends itself perfectly to the general atmosphere, this sort of detached-yet-not feeling. And I love your take on the entire Cloud-Aeris meeting; usually they are both trite and mundane. You, however, managed to avoid writing a fic possessing either of these qualities. (I particularly enjoyed the fact that even when she discovered the similarities between "this boy" and "her Zack," her heart didn't "leap into her throat" or perform any other number of cliche and similarly annoying behaviors. As I've seen done. Repeatedly in the same sentence. Ugh.)

Anyway, great work. I am now going to proceed to read through ALL of your stories (although I probably won't comment... I only choose to come out of anonymity once or twice every few months, since my reviews tend to be of a similar sloppy, ludicrously long type that this one undoubtedly fits into). I hope you have other little jewels like this one! D
Redwood chapter 1 . 1/21/2007
Geez, poor Aer... :( ::huggles::
Beeria chapter 1 . 1/21/2007
Quite a heart-wrenching one-shot! I like ZackAerith, especially angst ones like this. But I'm a Clorith at heart lol. This was really good and well-written. I didn't expect any less from you XD
Pied Flycatcher chapter 1 . 1/21/2007
Very, very nice. A short and touching piece. Great portrayal of Aerith's feelings and you made it realistic too - there was no way Cloud could fall all that way without being injured, so I liked how you included that, and Aerith healing him.

Perhaps the odd sentence here and there could be streamlined a little (e.g. 'and was now staining her flowers crimson' - the 'was' is unnecessary; you could just have 'staining her flowers crimsom', or 'and stained her flowers crimsom'), but overall it's great.