Reviews for Fragility
radiohm3 chapter 1 . 7/27/2014
Very spot on. This is pretty much how i think this kind of conversation would go if there is any at all.
Strifegirl chapter 1 . 5/4/2014
I really like this :) it was very interesting to see them interact in a different role :) to think that he doesn't want her to have his children for fear of the Jenova's cells made me feel a bit sad :( but then again he had a good point... hopefully someday he will be able to overcome his fear from the past and move forward :) thanks for the wonderful fic ;)
NinjaxSketcheartx chapter 1 . 3/18/2014
After reading this, I can already plan out how that little talk could either ruin or build their relationship. Then again, I don't want to know.

I never considered Jenova's cell to be a hindrance but it's nice that you pointed that out. And this does seem canon. Of course Cloud would think like that; there's just ALWAYS something holding him back. And of course Tifa would smile and swallow her feelings. Yep, you portrayed both of them just fine. Good job on writing this
Guest chapter 1 . 11/9/2012
mom calling chapter 1 . 9/18/2009
This little story bothers me. I think it shows Tifa's refusal to deal with things and by this time she should have a bit more insight, I'd think. Cloud sounds pretty functional here-that's not the word I want, but it'll do. He HAS thought about this, and I think that's proper and his conclusions are reasonable. It's a real risk to have a child with such a high risk of harm. Tifa immediately jumps to the conclusion that because he's not talked about it with her, he's being selfish, but I don't agree. She shuts down and puts on her empty happy face-she wants it her way. She says she has to think about Cloud, but it appears to me that Cloud is thinking of her and their family in a pretty mature way. I don't know what the resources are in Edge, but some genetic counselling would be helpful. And some couples counselling would be good-we can all see that! But this Cloud sounds like he's coming along-now Tifa needs to do a lot of work and she should start now! thx mc
Pookyilicous chapter 1 . 7/24/2009
Thats a shame that he won't have kids, whats wrong with bringing a kid into the world like him, he is brave and handsome and a kind soul.

I love the story you have written and it fits with who i believe Cloud really is like not that i've played the games but i watched the film it was great and you're story was fab
Cloti22 chapter 1 . 1/26/2009
wow. just wow. ]
Sihayya22 chapter 1 . 9/20/2008
Wow. The same question regarding the Jenova cells in Cloud's still is unexplored territory, so I'm super glad that you write about it.

And amazing how you capture both people's (Cloud's and Tifa's) so right on spot.

Amazing and very angst-ridden (either one shot or first chapter), thanks for writing!
Seelenspiel chapter 1 . 8/23/2008
wow, amazing... I didn't expect that ending at all after reading all those fluffy fics here
punkiemonkie chapter 1 . 4/17/2008
Oh, wow. This really pulled at my heartstrings. I’ve thought about the same thing, poor Cloud not being able to have kids because he’d be afraid that they’d get Jenova cells. It’s a possibility, but I’d really rather think on the brighter side, that they went away when his Geostigma was cured. _ Regardless of the factual integrity, this is still a very beautiful story. Certainly not your average, out-of-character, over the top fluff, which was a nice change, to say the least. I like how you used the line from the original game, and I adore Tifa’s reaction to Cloud holding her hand. It’s very realistic, because that’s exactly the way he is, fragile (perfect title, by the way) and afraid to get close to people. Very nice, I enjoyed every bit of it.
Some singular person chapter 1 . 2/19/2008
nice job, intresting angle
With A Smile chapter 1 . 2/3/2008
Oh my... *squeals* I'm actually tearing up. I feel so bad for Tifa, and even if I don't have a Cloud I feel like I can relate to her, feel her pain too, just because of how magical your writing is. And you wrote Cloud and Tifa so in character, with beautiful description of Tifa's feelings and the love between the two, with everything just seeming so... right.

I can't even find words to describe this.

There are none, I swear.

This is just pure genius. I'm still in shock. Brilliant.
Mistress 0f Dragons chapter 1 . 1/22/2008
there was a little fluff when they were kissing. i really enjoyed this story. i can relate to tifa, forcing herself to put a smile on. in jr high, those two years were the worst years of me being teased. thorughout all of the teasing, everyday, i would just plaster a smile on my face, making it seem like i didnt care what they did or say to me, but i did. I would pent up my anger and hurt that was from school and release it out at home. those two years were hell.

Hang in there Tifa.

once again, great fic.
SanChan chapter 1 . 1/19/2008
Wow, nice short. Very moving and emotional. Written very well. Cloud and Tifa definitely have a very complex relationship.
Summoner Luna chapter 1 . 1/16/2008
Very nice...though, I personally like to hope that Tifa would eventually know she can tell Cloud when she's upset :D I do like this premise, though, and I like that you left it bittersweet and unresolved instead of taking the easy route into fluff. I hadn't really ever thought of Cloud passing down the Jenova cells, but I have wondered if he would be able to have children at all...In the real world people exposed to high degrees of nuclear energy can become sterile, and it kind of makes me wonder if Cloud's time in Nibelheim wouldn't have had the same effect. Great work, though, I do really like this :)