Reviews for Days Come And Go
MagicalPotato chapter 4 . 3/22/2014
If Toby has just turned five, how did it take place six years ago?
Orion Ciel chapter 7 . 6/6/2007
This story has been a very fun read so far. I love that your chapters are all of a pretty long length too; makes the waiting in between chapters a bit more tolerable when you know the next chapter isn't going to be like 2 pages long.

Admittedly there's been a number of places that have confused me though, for you seem to kind of throw a lot of situations in with very little background explanation as to why they're there. I keep thinking that maybe the explanations for the things I don't understand are just going to be coming later in the chapter but so far that hasn't been the case. If you'd like maybe I could ask you about them in a PM sometime. :)

Despite the occasional confusions, I've liked this story a lot and eagerly look forward to reading more. I like this confident Sarah who actually had a good life back in the Aboveground instead of the usual fics where she seems to be miserable and cries to Jareth to save her. Makes her decision to leave it and go to live Underground a little more significant...although bartending is awful fun! I am hoping that she'll become more understanding of Jareth though...I don't like the Sarah who jumps to conclusions so quickly and doesn't bother to ask questions instead. I'd like to see things start going smoother between her and Jareth! Hope to see new chapters soon~!
Jareth chapter 7 . 6/4/2007
Wonderful. This is absolutely wonderful.
FromMyBackyard chapter 7 . 5/25/2007

"If you’re asking me if I love you, the answer is yes."

"Yes," he replied simply.

- Now, is the way to do things! None of that stupid feuding and fighting and not sharing how you feel.

So right, so right.

Must Have Chapter Eight! Now!
FromMyBackyard chapter 6 . 5/24/2007
Okay. I realize Sarah has the right to express herself to the rest of the family as she is, but she didn't have any right to carry some imagined slight against Jareth into the midst of them.

Maybe Astonsius stepped over Underground boundaries, maybe he didn't, but he was straightforward with Sarah, whatever his motive, and that's exactly what she needs.

He did good.

I have no sympathy for Sarah at this point.
FromMyBackyard chapter 5 . 5/24/2007
Darn. I was hoping that the civility could be kept indefinitely. Oh, well. The "pissy" came on early.

She should not have said that about his mother, but it IS her own fault for assuming this was going to be a fairytale "thing."

Instead of being cliched, emotional female and spouting "nothing," she should have asked him point blank about the rush and explained her issues with a logical tongue.
angeloneous chapter 7 . 5/24/2007
LOVING IT! Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to see how it goes - post more soon!
EverlyRose chapter 7 . 5/24/2007
You've done a wonderful job so far. I have really enjoyed your story and look forward to reading the next chapter soon. :)
FromMyBackyard chapter 4 . 5/24/2007
Hahahahahahahahaha... THERE'S the room description and the closet full of dresses and the dinner at seven we all know and "love." *snicker*

Doing a very good job of balancing the old cliche with a touch of Aboveground apathy.

I do like the fact that she has chosen to be here instead of being dragged down and being all pissy about it, though I've no doubt that somewhere along the way there will be "pissy." It'll just take time, that's all.
FromMyBackyard chapter 3 . 5/24/2007
LMAO! The perfect setup.

You're doing this age-old cliche much more justice and originality than I have ever seen anyone do.

"Oh, Shit." - Yes. That sums it up quite well.

"The urge to break something violently over someone’s head was all consuming." - A better description for Jareth I have yet to find.

And I am thrilled and bouncing off the walls in glee at the way Sarah has returned. To see Jareth's reaction as she just shows up and her "Uh...hey." greeting is ...

Okay, now I'm gushing, but I think you get the point.

Why do I get the feeling you've got this on a storyboard somewhere, creating scenes as you go along? And can I look at it?

This cinches it. I now have to go weed out all the lackluster stories from my favorites. 'Cause I'm adding this one.
FromMyBackyard chapter 2 . 5/24/2007
Hmm...interesting family dynamics.

You have the typical Toby birthday in there, of course, but I'm intrigued by the Karen-Mark designation/relationship for her parents instead of the typical Karen-Robert.

I snickered heartily at their conversation. Mark clearly had the upper hand - didn't expect him to be so confident based off of my movie impression. And I hooted and whistled for him at putting the typical Karen bitchiness in its proper place.

Hooker! LOL.

Their ability to get along seems to be going downhill in balancing proportion to Sarah becoming a stable, sensible adult.
FromMyBackyard chapter 1 . 5/24/2007
Wow. I have to say this is best creation story for the labyrinth and its inhabitants that I've seen in a long while. And having the powers that be manifest as one of them - that's new.

Now, having learned the story, I had to re-read the chapter again. Makes so much more sense the second time around. I love things like this.
miki chapter 5 . 5/23/2007
'ducky' is my favorite word! i was so surprised to see it in here, i practically skipped to the end just to review and say proudly, "i know that word!" confession: i love dictionaries. i don't know if you're active on your account or not, but i had to do this.
YueMichiruNaragisawaMiko chapter 7 . 5/23/2007
Aw how cuute~ hahaha I absolutely love this story and I really hope you get a new chapter out soon...and I mean SOON *glint in eyes* Keep up the great work!
tankbbg chapter 7 . 5/23/2007