Reviews for The Indirect Approach
Jo F chapter 1 . 4/24
Hello! I've probably told you already that I absolutely love your stories and think you're a fantastic author. But I do have a question.

Is your author's icon Snidley Whiplash? Looks similar to Dick Dastardly, but yours seems to be an older character. Either way, I like it. Suits you, you evil thing, you! LOL

Now, on to a review of this story, I suppose.

#1: Aberforth is my hero. If I had to learn anything, I'd want to learn it from him.

#2. Never knew McGonagall is a closet drinker. Should have expected it, tho. How else could she put up with Albus for all those years?

3. Nicholas and Perenelle are great. If you continued this, you could have Harry visit them in Florida and run into an odd situation of some sort, maybe bring Abe along with him for giggles.

#4. Thanks for killing Snape. Not sure if I like him at all. Although I had predicted that he would be a good guy in the end of the books, he sure took his sweet time getting there.

I guess that's it. Thanks for a wonderful story, and now I'm off to read more!

Love,

Jo
SeverlyLate chapter 1 . 4/18
I think it would serve the greater good...
Heksy chapter 1 . 4/6
Awesome reading. Made me laugh all the way through. Thanks for sharing.
Firefly25 chapter 1 . 2/8
An amusing read. Quite aside from Fun with Thermobarics, I'm surprised none of the other reviewers made any reference to Operation Mincemeat, seeing as that principle - feed the OPFOR false information and enjoy the fruits of them acting on it - was used to good effect here. Granted, Mincemeat wasn't the first time this has been done, just one of the more famous examples...
10th Squad 3rd Seat chapter 1 . 10/11/2014
He blew up Tom and some followers, learned how to be a bartender, and Snape was killed. All in a one-shot. Brilliant.
AvidReader chapter 1 . 6/8/2014
Cool story.

Not sure I can buy old FumbleMore as Abe's (and now Harry's) unwitting dupe since he never struck me as being that weak-minded and stupid. Perpetually tired and distracted sure, how could that Manipulative Old Bastard be otherwise with everything else he meddles in on top of his three official fulltime jobs? :-)

I've heard it said that there are two certain ways to drive anyone crazy. The first is to give them an important but impossible job to do and requiring that they accomplish it succesfully (like opposing powerful Dark Lords). The second is to give them an effectively-infinite number of important jobs to do and requiring that all of them be completed successfully (like his official jobs with the ICW, the Wizengamot and Hogwarts, his leadership of the flaming chickens and his meddling in the private lives of everyone he knows). Bottom line, high stress with no downtime ever to sleep and relax and the M.O.B. would quickly get an all-expenses-paid trip to a long-term care card at good old St. Mungo's Hospital. :-)
Duchess67 chapter 1 . 6/7/2014
*LOL I actually liked this one. :)
bleeb90 chapter 1 . 3/20/2014
Awesome story. But one thing I can't let slip past by me: the process of making whiskey basically starts with brewing beer. Having Abe explain Harry how to make a Single Malt and then having him explain how to brew beer just isn't logical...
Shadow of Flame chapter 1 . 2/28/2014
I really want to know what Harry's gonna name his bar. And spontaneous headcannon: it's in the Florida Keys and the Flamels are regular customers.
The Red Dementor chapter 1 . 2/21/2014
Amusing
A Nest of Nargles chapter 1 . 9/11/2013
friggen awesome.
Finwitch1 chapter 1 . 6/17/2013
I liked this one... and have an idea to name Harry's bar - Moony Grim. With a picture showing a big black dog howling at full moon... Grim sounds better than Padfoot or Snuffles... and let's not forget Trelawney back in Harry's third year going about that 'you have the Grim' in his tea cup... Makes that statement even funnier that way.
Balder chapter 1 . 6/6/2013
Lovely story!
EverydayMagic17 chapter 1 . 5/20/2013
Penny is wise chapter 1 . 5/19/2013
Awesome story. Nice and original.