Reviews for Fall Into Ecstasy
SayuXx chapter 15 . 8/16
Hi :) I don’t know what happened to me but after a couple of years I suddenly fell back into FFXII and the Penelo/Basch pairing. I remember your story but I have never completely read it since I didn’t like AU stories at that time (I preferred in-game stories somehow). So, after all these years I gave your story a second chance and leave you a review here (and a probably quite long review at that, I hope you don’t mind).

Anyway, after reading your story a second time I like it a lot more. I don’t know how that could have eluded me 7 years ago but your story line is incredibly coherent and well-defined. As for me I read it like a book. I also enjoy your characterizations of Penelo and Basch a lot. Basch might seem ooc here and there because of the way you let him speak (it seems more light-heartedly than in-game somehow, if you know what I mean) but I like that somehow. I as a reader can interpret that it’s due to him being around Penelo more often (and that’s exactly what every Penelo/Basch shipper loves about that pairing as far as I can tell – Basch is quipping with Penelo quite a lot and behaves more lightly around her). You are doing an exceptionally great job on Penelo’s characterization. She is nearly perfect and feels completely like in-game Penelo and even if she is older now in your story I’m glad that you didn’t change her character and make her more mature or whatever.

I’m also not a fan of first person perspective and though I think you are doing a very good job on it I still lament a little that we only get to see Penelo’s perspective on her relationship to Basch. We know that Penelo likes Basch from the start and that they became closer after they fell into that cave the first together but we hardly know anything about Basch’s feelings. I know that you wrote them down in conversation here and there but I still would have liked A BIG TALK between them about their feelings and why and since when and so on. And I think you probably would have written down something like that if you had finished it. Anyway, your story is still easily one of the best Penelo/Basch stories out there, so don’t worry about this really really small complaint on my side. I just love Basch and sometimes would really like to know what’s going on in his head.

By the way I also like Kang a lot. Amazing how you included new characters that make me feel like they could have been easily been in the real game. Your conversations between the characters are very good as well, I can’t even count the times I had to laugh at some sentences. You make them feel so real and I appreciate that a lot.

I know that real life is often getting in the way and I read on your profile that you don’t like your stories that much anymore but I think it would be a shame to abandon this one. You gave it so much thought and put a lot of effort in it. If you don’t like it that much anymore, maybe you can give it a second try, think your chapters a little bit through and rewrite some them if you deem it to be necessary. I personally don’t think you need to rewrite something but maybe it helps you to dive into that story again. You updated your profile roughly two years ago which means that you are still visiting this site from time to time, so I hope you might consider this one day :)

As for the pairing I hope you still like it today. I had to laugh a little about your author’s notes when you were complaining about not getting so much reviews. Sadly, Basch and Penelo is not so well received in general (mostly because of the age gap which bugs me quite a lot, because I still don’t understand why it’s okay for so many people to pair him up with Ashe since she is only two years older than Penelo o.O). But I have to say you really got quite a few reviews for this story during all those years and I bet a lot of your readers are still out there and waiting for an update (including me now). Maybe FFXII: The Zodiac Age will bless us with a new hype for FFXII and lots of Penelo/Basch shippers next year and hopefully it will encourage you to pick your story up again.

Until then, I hope you are alright and I wish you a good time!

Nathalie
OnceandFutureFan chapter 15 . 7/13/2015
First read this story ages ago (I think you were only a few chapters into it) and decided to search it out again. LOVE what you did with it, and I can totally see it fitting into the canon. Basch and Penelo are adorable. Maybe you'll post more chapters, maybe you won't but...just know that you'll have an enthusiastic reader! Cheers, thanks for the great read!
Guest chapter 15 . 8/7/2014
So I just discovered this story the other day and now I realized it isn't finished! Are you planning on coming back to it at some point? I would love to know what happens next!
Loki'dWendy chapter 15 . 3/14/2014
You! Why you no update?! Your story is rad, but I guess you're not into it anymore. *sigh*
mum2shane chapter 13 . 9/8/2013
please tell me u will continue with this story as i really love it.
Lady Yevon chapter 15 . 1/1/2013
So I don't usually like first person stories cause I feel you lose a lot of the scenery and sometimes it's hard to follow the thoughts and feelings of the other characters in the story. However, you've completely blown this one out of the water for me. You're very good at drawing in the reader and setting the scene. I've enjoyed reading this story the moment I stumbled across it.

Even though you haven't updated in a while, I still wanted to express my joy to you.
KimahWakkaLu chapter 1 . 11/13/2012
I love this story so much. This is one of the only FFXII fics that I've read that I actually like. And I just spontaneously checked your profile and found out that you were surprisingly still alive. Haha. So I can have hope that this fic will eventually be finished (even though it hasn't been updated in 3 years)?
mum2shane chapter 15 . 11/10/2012
need to know what happens so far its the best read ever
Maddy02 chapter 15 . 6/25/2012
Okay, I love you, and I hope all is well in your life and blessings and so on and so on...

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease finish this story!

I know, that once the muse leaves you, it's hellish trying to get a story to conclusion -but it seems to me you're so tantalisingly close. Basch and Penelo only have to survive this challenge, reunite with the others and see Larsa back to his throne, right? (Well and maybe sort out the thing with Ashe and her general hm?)

But your writing is awesome, your humour throughout the whole story has left me breathless (from laughing) in places, the action is fast, the drama doesn't linger unresolved, your characterisation is pretty much spot-on from FXII (with some leeway for character growth)

It's just all-round goodness and deserves to be finished by the mastermind who was it's first architect.
Maddy02 chapter 5 . 6/25/2012
Okay, so I'm on a bit of an archive dive here, and having come across this have spent a good two hours so far enjoying myself.

But I had to stop at this point (chapter five). I Had to, because I could not stop laughing.

Basch, continually bumping his head, and blaming moogles?

My dear, I adore you and whatever muse inspired you to write that line.

I'll continue with the reading now, and if I lose sleep tonight over it, then you may congratulate yourself further!
Delylah chapter 10 . 1/23/2012
Just rereading b/c I had a baschelo craving. Think you'll ever finish?
Megan chapter 15 . 5/14/2011
You did not mess it all up! I need to know how this story ends!
heavenslilagl420 chapter 15 . 3/27/2010
WOW! this story is the best i've read of any of the ff12's. I wish that you could continue to write when you have the time for i am willing to wait:) Keep up the good work and hope you wont keep me waiting too long
Glass Mermaid chapter 1 . 3/20/2010
I can't get a feel for your Penelo. Her speech is so formal and stiff, too proper to really keep in character. I feel as though it's Basche I'm listening to rather than little Penelo. I's only the first chapter though! Despite that your premise, eloquence and interesting plot keeps me reading.
Katey123 chapter 15 . 1/29/2010
Argh no not another cliffhanger! :P Please update soon! I love this story! Its the best Basch/Penelo I've ever read! :)